Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 01:28 PM
sixtyfiver
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here’s an aqua blue beauty, looks like PNH sold it in 2017, seems to be a no story car. No Wort.

https://www.maseratiofnewportbeach.c...AC2A97BS783183

Last edited by sixtyfiver; 07-06-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Missing info
Old 07-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sixtyfiver
Here’s an aqua blue beauty, looks like PNH sold it in 2017, seems to be a no story car. No Wort.

yep. remembering drooling over this one back when PNH had it for sale.
here's link to their for sale post...
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...t3-rs-cpo.html
Old 07-07-2019, 02:27 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by sixtyfiver

Premium price but an absolute peach. Loaded. Best non PTS color, maybe best color period. 5K miles. Someone needs to bring this into the Rennlist fold..
Old 07-07-2019, 03:30 AM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 101 Posts

No front axle lift, that sucks. I couldn’t get in and out of my driveway without it.

That car is gorgeous though, of course I am a bit biased.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:58 AM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Premium price but an absolute peach. Loaded. Best non PTS color, maybe best color period. 5K miles. Someone needs to bring this into the Rennlist fold..
4 owner car though with some funky odometer reporting ... probably just human errors. But a lot of hands on it would like to see DME. https://**********/vehicleid/733006/?...ng%40pors9.com
Old 07-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by pors9
4 owner car though with some funky odometer reporting ... probably just human errors. But a lot of hands on it would like to see DME. https://**********/vehicleid/733006/?...ng%40pors9.com
Question? We often see these negative comments in regard to multiple owner cars. Obviously a one owner car in theory should be better but I know many of these semi collector cars can be involved in multiple transactions in very short periods of time as they move through different collections, dealers etc. If a 4 owner car comes up smelling like a rose after a high quality PPI and has a great DME and the mileage is proper why do we care?

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 07-09-2019 at 08:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Finlander (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 05:53 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Question, we often see these negative comments in regard to multiple owner cars. Obviously a one owner car in theory should be better but I know many of these semi collector cars can be involved in multiple transactions in very short periods of time as they move through different collections, dealers etc. If a 4 owner car comes up smelling like a rose after a high quality PPI and has a great DME and the mileage is proper why do we care?
Usually the collective 'we' only cares because that is assumed to be an indication of condition, which it isn't. Kind of like mileage. If we have nothing else on which to base a car's condition (e.g. an in-person inspection, a PPI, or good firsthand knowledge of the car or its actual history), we default to using other metrics which have been marketed to us by companies like Carfax as being fundamental.

Honestly, the same could be said about DMEs. There is no direct relationship between how much track time a car has seen and the number of overrevs - many, many dealers make bold claims that a car has never been tracked because it has a clean DME. It's horseradish.

P.S., got your email, will get back to you on your q's.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Kermit_the_Frog
Instructor

Received 169 Likes on 55 Posts

What are "Sound Package Plus" and "Chrono Package Plus" doing??
Old 07-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermit_the_Frog
What are "Sound Package Plus" and "Chrono Package Plus" doing??
Sound package plus gives you rear speakers I believe, and maybe extra speakers up front or increased size. Chrono Package Plus give you the clock. You don't need either, but sound package plus makes the bad GT3 radio a bit more tolerable. My car has both. I never used Sport Chrono.
The following users liked this post:
Kermit_the_Frog (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Question, we often see these negative comments in regard to multiple owner cars. Obviously a one owner car in theory should be better but I know many of these semi collector cars can be involved in multiple transactions in very short periods of time as they move through different collections, dealers etc. If a 4 owner car comes up smelling like a rose after a high quality PPI and has a great DME and the mileage is proper why do we care?
I agree with Doug on this subject and basically all GT3 topics. My GT3 is a 6 owner, including me, but was sold through Doug before I bought it from the owner that bought it from him and two of the previous owners are here on Rennlist. I would prefer to own a car like that than a one owner with unknown ownership history.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by switchcars
Usually the collective 'we' only cares because that is assumed to be an indication of condition, which it isn't. Kind of like mileage. If we have nothing else on which to base a car's condition (e.g. an in-person inspection, a PPI, or good firsthand knowledge of the car or its actual history), we default to using other metrics which have been marketed to us by companies like Carfax as being fundamental.

Honestly, the same could be said about DMEs. There is no direct relationship between how much track time a car has seen and the number of overrevs - many, many dealers make bold claims that a car has never been tracked because it has a clean DME. It's horseradish.

P.S., got your email, will get back to you on your q's.
Thanks for the response Doug, I love it when common sense prevails. That bad multi owner narrative never made sense to me. Actual car condition is what is fundamental. Got your email thx.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

I can confirm that a DME scan is not the all knowing source of knowing a car has been tracked. Case in point is my 2008 GT2 with about 40k miles on it when I bought it. Despite my knowing for sure it was tracked quite a bit by it's last two owners, my own DME scan was cleaner for over-revs than I've seen for 10k mile street driven examples. I had only Range 1, 2, and barely any 3s on my car but my operating hours was way higher than you'd see on a low mileage car. It actually made me scratch my head in disbelief until I watched Doug's YouTube video about over-revs, which calmed me down.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:58 PM
JC-Trojan
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Sound package plus gives you rear speakers I believe, and maybe extra speakers up front or increased size. Chrono Package Plus give you the clock. You don't need either, but sound package plus makes the bad GT3 radio a bit more tolerable. My car has both. I never used Sport Chrono.
I have been following this thread very closely and I am learning a lot as a result. I am just now starting to do some research as I plan to at some point very soon want to get into a 997 GT3. On that note, is it safe to assume that on a GT3 the Sport Chrono package should not be of importance, and hence should not be a deal breaker?
Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JC-Trojan
I have been following this thread very closely and I am learning a lot as a result. I am just now starting to do some research as I plan to at some point very soon want to get into a 997 GT3. On that note, is it safe to assume that on a GT3 the Sport Chrono package should not be of importance, and hence should not be a deal breaker?
Many consider not having the Sport Chrono package an advantage for the cleaner look. I have it. I wouldn’t care if I had it or if I didn’t.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:48 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

same here. Mine has it. Didn't really care if it did, or did not (while I was looking).

I do not track, so no need for it. Kinda wish it was just a clock (since I like it in my Cayenne Turbo).

Many more important options & factors while searching for the right car.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...