Sharkwerks v. GMG by-pass exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Not sure if you talking about the shine all the way inside the pipes, but, at brand new it looks like this - https://rennlist.com/forums/8450562-post35.html

After a couple of runs, that "shine" is completely gone, as the SW pipes take on a bronze hue due to the heat, I assume.

I get tons of compliments on tips - the most noticeable component of a SW bypass!
Thats right, the "holes within the exhaust". The shine didn't go off. Its a personal preference I guess, I absolutely adore the sound the bypass makes, but I like the subtlety of the OEM tips..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Eggorian
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sharkwerks....
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkwerks
-Awesome presence here and elsewhere (marketing machine)
-A bit more adjustable given separate tips
-Doesn't look good straight shot esp with the large tips since the opening is smaller and in non black coating (looks aftermarket)
-Slightly quieter than the GMG
-No motorsport experience?
-under 2 Gs

GMG
-Slightly louder with what they call their "megaphone" design (may be a touch too loud)
-One single unit all black so no weird looking metal pipe within a pipe look, but less adjustment since one unit
-Pricier than SW
-Prevalent motorsport involvement (skin in the game; cool to be associated with)
-Less forum involvement and weird recent thread around after service or lack thereof
-Over 2gs

Prob splittin hairs, but not an ez decision. Leaning toward SW given their cust serv. Need to pull the trigger soon! The stock muffled exhaust is a party pooper.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:22 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long about 2 feet of exhaust tubing. It's not that complicated. Looks, price, customer service. Pick what's important to you and take your credit cards out already and be done with it They all pretty much sound the same and offer little to no performance improvement.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Just drove the ride with the GMG bypass finally. I want to thank Alex for his responsiveness. His customer service is better than my experience with GMG, but that's not at all to say I'm not happy with GMG's service. Just no one's as available and friendly as Alex @ Sharkwerks. You don't feel like you have to ask him to go the xtra step for your business. He truly earns it.

I ultimately went with GMG because they race cars or involved in motorsport with 911s. They are able to vet it on the tracks not hobbyist style, but true wheel-to-wheel racing from what I understand. You can say I am buying into this as I am Porsche motorsport.

-Drones less than stock in sport on mode at idle (something I'm pleasantly surprised about)

-Unit easily installs with bumper on

-I like the slashed/angled tips

-It's got that balance piping that the other units do not have (I understand there are benefits to this as negligible it may be in outright power to wheels)

-You don't see that inner muffler opening within the tip since the piping is all once piece (much cleaner)

-I like that they use it on their race cars

For those who use their GT3 for the street, fear not. It's loud in the right ways by "bypassing" that intakey, whompy stock tone. No drone (less than stock to my ears).

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 770 Posts

Yeah, but whattabout this?

I heard Eddie will sport this one this weekend; I actually offered Orbit to pay for the install LOL.
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long about 2 feet of exhaust tubing. It's not that complicated. Looks, price, customer service. Pick what's important to you and take your credit cards out already and be done with it They all pretty much sound the same and offer little to no performance improvement.
You think this is bad...you should see drummers try to make a decesion over a $7 pair of drum sticks!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I heard Eddie will sport this one this weekend; I actually offered Orbit to pay for the install LOL.
Interesting...for sure....no one else will have it at the track...3 pipes reminds me of something Ferrari is doing correct?

I also liked the fat twin pipes on the RSR Orbit had with that angled cut on the pipes.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It will make it an obvious Fiat wannabe cheater car :-)
or, as elsewhere noted a three titted lady.

also liked the fat twin pipes on the RSR Orbit had with that angled cut on the pipes.
That is the GMG bypass I think.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

yesterday's news but here -

folks like NJ-GT, wondering how loud a stock scud is in comparison to a bypassed gt3? i'm at about my threshold for noise tolerance right now.

Last edited by Aerokitted; 11-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

really??

I can be on blue tooth up to 80/90Mph with sharky and permanently unplugged. It is slightly louder in the cabin then my 997GT3 sharky unplugged....
Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

i'm more talking about when you decelerate at high RPMS, that howl at ~5k to 6K is just WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH with windows down. ears hurt. i understand that the GMG unit is boomier.

everything else is kosher esp with the sport button off.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Well you do have the benefit of a tilt up sunroof allowing you to keep windows closed :-) never drove mine any other way ;-)
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Well you do have the benefit of a tilt up sunroof allowing you to keep windows closed :-) never drove mine any other way ;-)
Yezzir, I use my sunroof att
Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can guarantee you that the 3 exits titanium exhaust makes at least 20whp more than the stock one.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks v. GMG by-pass exhaust