Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Do these work with AC Hydraulics jacks.....DK13, PM me discount code
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Izzone -- not easily...

do a search etc -- I posted pics of the AC jack with JP jackstands...

It is not impossible, but it is not as simple as the video WHEN USING AN AC JACK

I did however buy JP jackstands anyway... they are simply awsome and the customer service of both JP and IMGT3 is so good...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Izzone -- not easily...

do a search etc -- I posted pics of the AC jack with JP jackstands...

It is not impossible, but it is not as simple as the video WHEN USING AN AC JACK

I did however buy JP jackstands anyway... they are simply awsome and the customer service of both JP and IMGT3 is so good...
I just did the search

Now I need an Aluminum jack.......someome post be a link with one that works......I will pay extar for a half way quality jack
Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I just did the search

Now I need an Aluminum jack.......someome post be a link with one that works......I will pay extar for a half way quality jack

I’m going to recommend two product lines (manufacturers) to you today one being the Torin line of floor jacks, and the second being Ranger. Turin seems to get a great deal of attention in the market and is highly regarded. Ranger is not as well known, but I have had several personal recommendations were Ranger has come up.

First of the links: for torin use the following. http://www.torinjacks.com/ProductLis...on=Type&Type=9

The blue one (mini aluminum racing Jack) is not anything more than a trackside service jack. The two red models could be viable alternatives.

The second link: for Ranger use the following. http://www.bendpak.com/shop-equipmen...FJ-3000AL.aspx

Both companies offer good-quality at a reasonable price. ($150-$250)
the Ranger offers a very nice feature that basically allows you to raise the car in 4 pumps to its maximum height.

so I hope I’ve given you some viable options.

Best regards

Chuck
Old 05-11-2011, 02:14 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

Gonna get a couple of those jacks even though I too have an AC jack. I also have an aluminum jack I got at Costco a couple years ago to put in the trailer for racing weekends. It's held up pretty well and is a good alternative if you have a Costco nearby. Only issue I see is the GT3 is probably too low to fit the jack and the round stand needed to sit down on the jackpoint stand itself...it's a pain to have to drive the car up on boards, etc to get enough ground clearance.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I just did the search

The Ranger jack as Chuck suggested works fine. I have one and tried it with the jackpoint stands. I can also confirm they work with a few other jacks I have: Craftsman racing jack (red) and Harbor Freight racing jacks (model numbers 68054 and 68053). Both the Harbor Freight jacks are excellent by the way. HF makes crap tools but their jacks have been a lot more reliable and seemingly better built than my Craftsman jack which started to bleed out fluid after only 2 years of light use.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:49 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Gonna get a couple of those jacks even though I too have an AC jack. I also have an aluminum jack I got at Costco a couple years ago to put in the trailer for racing weekends. It's held up pretty well and is a good alternative if you have a Costco nearby. Only issue I see is the GT3 is probably too low to fit the jack and the round stand needed to sit down on the jackpoint stand itself...it's a pain to have to drive the car up on boards, etc to get enough ground clearance.
Ski - A couple answers. Depending on your jack and Gt3, you may be able to use the Jackpoint stands with the low profile pad without prelifting or rolling your car on 2x's. Several RLers have done so. If your car is lowered but your jack will fit under the car, I suggest the following: Lift one front corner of the car on your jack and slide a short section of 2x under the tire, lower the car, put the jackpoint pad on your jack and re-jack that same corner and put it on the stand. The remaining corners will be high enough for the jack and pad without prelifting or rolling the car. This method was used at Road America on a Cup car without having to roll the car at all.

For others - the red jack pictured in this shot is (I believe) essentially the same as the small blue 1.5 ton HFT jack sold for around $69. This red jack actually fits under a Cup car without prelifting. I can't guarantee that's a solution for every lowered car, but Cup cars ride pretty low.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jpoint; 05-12-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

Just got a Harbor Freight jack with one of those coupons in the back of every R&T, or C&D etc for $69 yesterday. Just needed one at our second home which will used very little. It actually looks pretty decent for that amount of $$.
Will check today to see if jackpoints are back in stock- they were backordered the last time I checked...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be back in stock by the middle of next week. we are accepting orders (first come first serve) in the mean time. Chuck
Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Another data point.
This is a stock 09 997 turbo on Jackpoint stands.
I have the low profile caps and for this lift I used my harbor freight racing jack (the blue and silver one) with one of the side handles removed so that it fits under the stands. I'm not sure if the standard size caps would fit under my 997 with this particular jack but with my very low profile (and very heavy) floor jack it would not pose a problem.
I think this is a great product. And BTW, thanks for sending me the nice hat!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Hat?

Did you lose my shipping address?

;-)
Old 05-15-2011, 09:20 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Hat?

Did you lose my shipping address?

;-)
Oops - don't blame IMGT3 - the hat came from the JPJS LLC. Check your PM about how to get one.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jpoint
Oops - don't blame IMGT3 - the hat came from the JPJS LLC. Check your PM about how to get one.
Pm received and answered
I was just teasing you but I will take it!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

I finally used my stands this past weekend. Getting the car up and down was a breeze. Very happy to have picked up a set.

Todd
Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Todd B - Thanks for sharing. Check your PM.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???