Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great concept. No doubt they'll come out with a lower profile setup. It is a PITA to try to find a suitable place for a jackstand if the jack is already occupying it.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Great concept. No doubt they'll come out with a lower profile setup. It is a PITA to try to find a suitable place for a jackstand if the jack is already occupying it.
We have a low profile cap that only adds 1.3" to the height of the jack pad once placed on the lift arm, we have found it will get under most car applications, although there are always exceptions to this statement.

There have been some conversations about an even lower profile cap, but the process to design, fabricate, test and produce does take a little time.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Fantastic Product! Spec Box is up!

My Spec Box is now sitting on top of four Jackpoint stands.
They were very easy to put in place using the Boxster's 4 factory jack plates. The craftsmanship on the stands and low profile caps is fantastic. This is a very nice product indeed.

I don't know the height of my Boxster at the jack point but it is at least 2" lower than a stock 986, maybe more. My garage is a fairly snug two car deal as you can see from the pics below. As a result, I placed the stands at angles so that I could get my jacks under the car and pump the handle without banging into my other car or a wall. This seemed to work well.

My rear jack point is higher so I placed the first stand there (passenger side). I used my Griot's mega jack on this first lift but I think my Craftsman one would work but might need a 2x4 under the tire. For the three subsequent lifts I used my low profile Craftsman jack because the jacking points are all now higher as a result of the first lift. I then placed the 2nd stand under the passenger side front point. I then jacked up the driver side front and placed the 3rd stand. On my car this results in the car being supported ONLY by the passenger side rear and driver side front. I placed the 4th stand under the driver side rear. This resulted in the 2nd stand going back perfectly in place. Until today I had never put the car on 4 stands of any kind. In the past I've only placed 2 stands under the front, rear or one side of the car. The Jackpoint stands are a really easy way to put the car up on all fours. I guess if a rear engine car was down on all fours it would sound kind of dirty.

The stands also came with a small wooden dolly to place the stands on when not in use.

And now for some gratuitous pictures....

Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Dave:

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like you have plenty of time to play around in the garage with all that white stuff on the ground outside
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine arrived looking awesome! Love them..
Attached Images      
Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Mine arrived looking awesome! Love them..
Wow Peter, stack a couple of those carbon disks together in a pack and you'll have enough braking power to stop an airplane.

Here's a quick shot on two... including a pan with some coolant drippings

Sorry, I'm just like a kid with a new toy. Pretty sure the novelty will wear off one of these days.

Then again it's winter and I've got nothing better to do
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 218 Posts

Yes - all my posts were deleted. Sorry. I will respond to technical questions via email. Thanks - John.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

My, I'm impressed with the garages that are housing the jack stands!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 218 Posts

Is this the coolant leak that results from the coolant manifold failure? I had expected it was more centrally than wheel well located.
Originally Posted by FFaust
Wow Peter, stack a couple of those carbon disks together in a pack and you'll have enough braking power to stop an airplane.

Here's a quick shot on two... including a pan with some coolant drippings

Sorry, I'm just like a kid with a new toy. Pretty sure the novelty will wear off one of these days.

Then again it's winter and I've got nothing better to do
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jpoint
Is this the coolant leak that results from the coolant manifold failure? I had expected it was more centrally than wheel well located.
Well, it doesn't seem to be one of the typical manifold fittings popping out. Rather a heat exchanger on top of the engine, under the intake. It is centrally located; the container was moved aside while I was messing around under the car.

Here, have a look:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...heck-from.html
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Well, it doesn't seem to be one of the typical manifold fittings popping out. Rather a heat exchanger on top of the engine, under the intake. It is centrally located; the container was moved aside while I was messing around under the car.

Here, have a look:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...heck-from.html
CPO an engine drop, and then slip in a LWFW and clutch while it's out
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
CPO an engine drop, and then slip in a LWFW and clutch while it's out
Already have LWFW and RS clutch remember

But a great opportunity to tig-weld the fittings
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Already have LWFW and RS clutch remember

But a great opportunity to tig-weld the fittings
LOL, forgot that's Perry's car....

Dang wish I'd done that this past summer when I had mine out for CPO work.... still have a couple yrs left on warranty

I just added the LWFW and clutch... RMS... and RS pulley..... to the original workorder
Old 01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

received my JPJS yesterday
they were expertly packed etc
Top quality product
They feel substantial and well designed and I like made in America.
They looked like all of the pics previously posted above so I will refrain from posting the pics of the box, the open box, etc...

However... just to continue on the track of my previous questions... how does it work with the AC brand of low pro jack... short answer... it almost works...

see pics:

rolls in fine

pin holding jack pad is too wide for the "mouth" of the JPJS but not by much -- the width of the pin is too long as when you lower the jack to rest the frisbee on top of the JS, the pin gets in the way... you can position it so it will lower but the frisbee does not "land" centered... So I will grind the actual JS just a bit OR just buy another jack and use the AC jack for when I am not going on to the stands.

Phone pics at 6 am this morning... pardon the low quality
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

keep us posted as you go and we will offer any support that we can.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???