Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IMGT3
keep us posted as you go and we will offer any support that we can.
Thanks Chuck -- both the product and the service from Chuck are top notch
I would buy them again...
what is another jack?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Phone pics at 6 am this morning... pardon the low quality
The quality is outstanding for a phone! I'm curious as to what brand/model of phone if you don't mind?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

iPhone 4
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, this is one clever setup. Thanks for the posts!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine arrived safe & sound yesterday, I'm away from home but wifey called and asked what did you buy now, more car stuff!! She informed me that there were 2 large boxes delivered by Fed Ex.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
Mine arrived safe & sound yesterday, I'm away from home but wifey called and asked what did you buy now, more car stuff!! She informed me that there were 2 large boxes delivered by Fed Ex.
Are you sure that was YOUR wife and not MINE?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Are you sure that was YOUR wife and not MINE?
God bless them, they just don't understand.

While she was directing our son where to put the boxes from Fed Ex in the garage, she noticed that I have 2 sets of Forgeline wheels & tires, seems I forgot to mention that recent addition.

Good thing I got my Sharkwerks centre bypass pipe delivered to Eurasia Automotive last week instead of my house, don't need to mention that one to the family CFO.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

While she was directing our son where to put the boxes from Fed Ex in the garage, she noticed that I have 2 sets of Forgeline wheels & tires, seems I forgot to mention that recent addition.

Good thing I got my Sharkwerks centre bypass pipe delivered to Eurasia Automotive last week instead of my house, don't need to mention that one to the family CFO.
Well at least they're safely in the garage. If she had opened them in the house, you might have lost one. I've been told they look like some kind of expensive european gadget and fit right in with stainless steel appliances. If she'd found a use for it in the kitchen (the first place I look when a special tool comes up missing and I hear the wife muttering about a garlic press) you might not get it back. My wife would say - I'm just using this one - you've got three to yourself.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Man that is SO funny, and I can SO relate

I got a whole bunch of stuff this year but the biggest was a 996 RS CF wing from 911slow (kind of hard to hide). I was REALLY lucky that the post office thought that it was too big so did not even try to deliver. They just left a ticket in the mailbox and I was able to pick it up 'discretely'. It's been in the garage, HIDDEN under a blanket since LOL

I figure I'll get busted one of these days.

I also got off easy on the jackstands becaues there was a, hum, lower declared value for customs, so my sweetheart said 'ok, what did you buy for $xxx this time'

I need to find a place to get these goodies delivered to

And about not understanding, it's probably that Venus and Mars thing.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

I am considering black athletic socks over the new rear moton remote reservoirs so the do not attract the eye of wifey... and the are mounted well below the window line :-)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
I am considering black athletic socks over the new rear moton remote reservoirs so the do not attract the eye of wifey... and the are mounted well below the window line :-)
Ingenuity at its best, lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FFaust
Man that is SO funny, and I can SO relate

I got a whole bunch of stuff this year but the biggest was a 996 RS CF wing from 911slow (kind of hard to hide). I was REALLY lucky that the post office thought that it was too big so did not even try to deliver. They just left a ticket in the mailbox and I was able to pick it up 'discretely'. It's been in the garage, HIDDEN under a blanket since LOL

I figure I'll get busted one of these days.

I also got off easy on the jackstands becaues there was a, hum, lower declared value for customs, so my sweetheart said 'ok, what did you buy for $xxx this time'

I need to find a place to get these goodies delivered to

And about not understanding, it's probably that Venus and Mars thing.
I can provide an address where you can have all your goodies sent this year and I guarantee your wife will never know. . . . ... Of course you'll have to come to the US to pick them up. . . .
and maybe have to unbolt them from my car. Oops wrong forum for misplaced speed parts - not much you guys buy will fit the old 944. Rats!

Last edited by jpoint; 01-27-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: edit
Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 PM
cesmorris
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Couple of questions on this thread.

1. For an '07 997 C4S which Jackpoint Jackstand set is best, the Basic, starter or ultimate kit and then in universal or low profile?? Eghad-they are worse than Starbucks with the choices!

2. I noticed the issue in the thread with the wide jack. Does anyone knows if this works with a Craftsman 4000 lb. Capacity Aluminum Jack Sears Item# 00950239000 | Model# 50239?

Thanks!

Last edited by cesmorris; 03-13-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:40 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cesmorris
Hi. Couple of questions on this thread.

1. For an '07 997 C4S which Jackpoint Jackstand set is best, the Basic, starter or ultimate kit and then in universal or low profile?? Eghad-they are worse than Starbucks with the choices!

2. I noticed the issue in the thread with the wide jack. Does anyone knows if this works with a Craftsman 4000 lb. Capacity Aluminum Jack Sears Item# 00950239000 | Model# 50239?

Thanks!
The Craftsman 50239 is 12 1/8 " wide at the handles. The front opening in the Jackpoint stand is 12 1/8" wide or more up to 2" from the ground, but tapers in to about 11 3/4 inches as you go higher. So, if the handles are no more than 2" off the ground, the stands should work. Reading the instructions, it appears the handles on the Craftsman jack are also removable. So if the clearance is too tight you could opt to remove 1 handle (only 1 would need to be removed). The lift arm on the jack should be 5 1/2" wide or less for easy clearance (the actual stand opening at the top is 5 11/16) and the jack plate should be no more than 5" in diameter. Check the dimensions on the 50239 against these numbers.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 AM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jpoint! I've been traveling today!

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???