Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011 | 04:39 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cesmorris
Hi. Couple of questions on this thread.

1. For an '07 997 C4S which Jackpoint Jackstand set is best, the Basic, starter or ultimate kit and then in universal or low profile?? Eghad-they are worse than Starbucks with the choices!

2. I noticed the issue in the thread with the wide jack. Does anyone knows if this works with a Craftsman 4000 lb. Capacity Aluminum Jack Sears Item# 00950239000 | Model# 50239?

Thanks!
Sorry I ignored your first question. For a factory ride height C4S you could probably use the universal pad. It provides about 1" more working clearance under the car and an option for use on pinch weld jacking locations. If the car is lowered at all (or if the jack has a pickup height of 3 inches or more - you might want to go with the low profile pad. I suggest using jack stands in pairs. There are some new finish options and features coming this month so you might want to check out www.imgt3performance.com. They're an RL sponsor and great guys to work with.

Here's a hint from their web site.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2011 | 04:49 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

let's see how long it takes before someone requests a set of these in guards red or whatever color to match their cars
Old 03-14-2011 | 05:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Satin white..
Old 03-14-2011 | 06:34 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by masmole
let's see how long it takes before someone requests a set of these in guards red or whatever color to match their cars
The prospect has been investigated. Custom colors are possible, but expensive.
Old 03-14-2011 | 08:59 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Arrow

The black will be available for shipment in about 7 to 10 days! Check the website in a week for details.... pricing will be at the same level as brushed is today.... However, the brushed finish is going up in price April 1st, as this is a hand polished finish... sorry to say machines don't have a good eye for this process!

If you decide to order a pair, please contact me for the RL discount code for this product! (PM)

Chuck

http://www.imgt3performance.com/prod...nds-basic-kit/
Old 03-16-2011 | 09:38 AM
cesmorris
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jpoint
Sorry I ignored your first question. For a factory ride height C4S you could probably use the universal pad. It provides about 1" more working clearance under the car and an option for use on pinch weld jacking locations. If the car is lowered at all (or if the jack has a pickup height of 3 inches or more - you might want to go with the low profile pad. I suggest using jack stands in pairs. There are some new finish options and features coming this month so you might want to check out www.imgt3performance.com. They're an RL sponsor and great guys to work with.

Here's a hint from their web site.
Thank you jpoint. I placed an order for a basic kit with low profile pads this morning. I had to change a rear on the C4S with a flat recently and barely had room for the jack and a hockey puck, so i thought the low profile pad would be a good way to go from the start.

If I both like them and think I need a little more height, I will be back for a second pair of stands and maybe four of the universal pads.

Also, just so I fully understand, the only difference between the basic kit that I ordered and the ultimate kit is the rolling storage stand? If I get one basic kit and one ultimate kit, can all four stands fit on one rolling storage stand?

The painted are really nice looking but I needed them in guards red (smile).

Thanks. I look forward to delivery.

Craig
Old 03-16-2011 | 12:17 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Thank you jpoint. I placed an order for a basic kit with low profile pads this morning. I had to change a rear on the C4S with a flat recently and barely had room for the jack and a hockey puck, so i thought the low profile pad would be a good way to go from the start.

If I both like them and think I need a little more height, I will be back for a second pair of stands and maybe four of the universal pads.

Also, just so I fully understand, the only difference between the basic kit that I ordered and the ultimate kit is the rolling storage stand? If I get one basic kit and one ultimate kit, can all four stands fit on one rolling storage stand?

The painted are really nice looking but I needed them in guards red (smile).

Thanks. I look forward to delivery.

Craig
The stands nest quite well and four will go on a single dolly quite nicely. I think IMGT3 may be offering the rolling dolly as a separate item soon too. So, you can buy it without getting the ultimate kit or if you already have a set of stands and decide you want a dolly - it's available. Check their site or talk to Chuck or Chris.
Guards Red (or at least a red that is close to the guard) has been done and they look nice. I'll have to look for a picture
Old 03-16-2011 | 12:48 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

For those interested, I will have a set with me at NJMSP (Thunderbolt track) this weekend for the Schattenbaum DE. I have a 2005 997S in Arctic Silver #918. I purchased a pair with the Universal puck as my car is not lowered. My set is arriving today and I'm going to try them out right away.

Tom
Old 03-19-2011 | 12:56 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TAI2
For those interested, I will have a set with me at NJMSP (Thunderbolt track) this weekend for the Schattenbaum DE. I have a 2005 997S in Arctic Silver #918. I purchased a pair with the Universal puck as my car is not lowered. My set is arriving today and I'm going to try them out right away.

Tom
DE's in March. Only a dream for those of us who must limit our track time to the midwest. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-19-2011 | 11:54 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Hi. Couple of questions on this thread.

1. For an '07 997 C4S which Jackpoint Jackstand set is best, the Basic, starter or ultimate kit and then in universal or low profile?? Eghad-they are worse than Starbucks with the choices!

2. I noticed the issue in the thread with the wide jack. Does anyone knows if this works with a Craftsman 4000 lb. Capacity Aluminum Jack Sears Item# 00950239000 | Model# 50239?

Thanks!
UPDATE - I used a Craftsman model 50239 floor jack today with the Jackpoint Jackstands. It worked fine with the stands no clearance issues at all.
Old 03-22-2011 | 08:10 PM
zeusrotty
Pro

FYI, I did get to see these in action at Chicago Performance & Tune's Open house and they are absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. Excellent product!
Old 03-23-2011 | 01:56 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by masmole
Little did I know that a few days after I posted the above comment in jest that I'd be at a local gathering (CPT open house) where I'd meet the inventor who low and behold, presented me with nothing other than a guards red jackpoint. LOL! It exists.

btw, it was very nice meeting you John from jackpoint (I'm assuming you post as "jpoint"). Before I even met you that day, I had already ordered your products sight unseen based on testimonial from rennlisters on this very thread. Well, I just received my stands yesterday and they're awesome! Great design and works like a charm. I wish you well with this product venture and I will do what I can to spread the word as a very happy customer. Yes, they're kinda pricey for jackstands but for what they can do, worth every penny. I haven't tried them on the GT3 yet but I did throw them under the GTI to swap out the winter wheels. Quite amazed at how quickly I can get the car up on four jackstands with this system, and having it up on all four actually did make the wheel swap operation go quicker and feel safer. Here are some pics...

Old 03-23-2011 | 02:30 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Eh Hmm. (Enters the lawyer stage left) "Disclaimer: The red in this picture is not a Porsche factory color known as "Guards Red" and no endorsement by PCNA or Porsche AG is implied or suggested. Any similarity between this color and Guards Red is purely the result of both colors being red and possible light variations or camera settings." (Lawyer exits).

Thanks. Always a pleasure!
Old 05-10-2011 | 04:59 PM
9won1
Track Day

Originally Posted by zeusrotty
FYI, I did get to see these in action at Chicago Performance & Tune's Open house and they are absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. Excellent product!
How do these compare to the Esco jack stands? Anybody tried both?
Old 05-10-2011 | 05:55 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 9won1
How do these compare to the Esco jack stands? Anybody tried both?
I replied on the other thread you chimed in on, but if you see this first:

Main difference between the Jackpoint Jackstands and this model to start is the method upon which you lift the car. Jackpoint jackstands you use what the factory intended the consumers to use, the designated lift points. With the Esco model, you still have to fish around for a lift point under the car, potentially ending up harming to the car (wrong lift point) or God forbid, yourself. That is why the Jackpoint product is so unique.

The Jackpoint jackstand itself is an Almag blend that has been throughly tested and examined with stress tests as well as lab testing. There are a lot of guys who can chime in who have used these stands lately and can attest to the robust design and strength of these stands, far superior that what the Esco stands offer.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like more info!

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???