Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 05:36 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jgiles25
I bought mine in September and finally installed them in January. They look very good, have no obvious flaws and do not have sticky or difficult operation. The install took me about 2 hours but I was very careful to do it right. Hopefully they will continue to work well.
Thanks for the feedback

Originally Posted by Hootsama
I'm not a hand-sanitizer guy. Always avoid lotions, sun tan stuff etc on my hands. The Temp switch is perfect.

Ultimately, I'm really not that pissed about it now. My frustration was really about the fact that I tried to stand behind the seller because I thought they were trying hard to make a good product and to make things right when products failed. I really wanted to be a happy reference case. I've contacted those folks to see about a replacement, otherwise it's the $40 eBay route. At least I know how to do the replacement so it should be less of a hassle.
The really helps, but the real problem is that there are other factors that affects on this (ph level of sweat among others).

I want to apologize for being sometimes slow at replying to some emails. We literally receive hundreds of emails every week and we are such a small company with only one person reading them, sometimes its very hard for us to be fast on the customer service, we know that and we are trying to work our way to be faster.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:06 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

were u able to get these replaced?

I purchased the ClimaCrap switches in July 2021. They were marked as "evo" on the order form. Cost more than $100 to get them. It is irritating to me that I may have received something less than the most current, most reliable product. I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly wish I had never removed the originals.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:11 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
No, they are smooth in operation. I did notice that if you install the switches with the plungers in the unit itself in the wrong direction when reinserting (the plungers have one side larger than the other if you look closely so you have to have the orientation right when putting it back), the switches would be hard to operate and so after I redid it the right way before reinstalling the unit, all was working fine. I would bet that the folks who reinstalled the plungers in the wrong direction are the ones having this problem with the switches not moving smoothly
I tripled checked your suggestion and that wasn't it. I had to instead do this annoying pita method that did 100% work. now the switches work perfectly + click right - the hole in the back needed more clearance.

Originally Posted by myw
b4 i install my climacare revolution switches - im going to spray the crap out of them via matte clearcoat. i REALLY hope this will solve the problem.
I was too lazy to goto the paint store (stupid of me) and used some clear coat i had lying around (gloss). it certainly did the trick to protect the switches. the finish no longer matches the other switches but honestly, it's not enough for me to go nuts overall as i wont notice the finish too much based on where the buttons are located - but to someone else who wants to protect their switches from flaking/melting , MAKE SURE to buy/use a matte clear.

Last edited by myw; 06-06-2022 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
I tripled checked your suggestion and that wasn't it. I had to instead do this annoying pita method that did 100% work. now the switches work perfectly + click right - the hole in the back needed more clearance.
Glad you figured out your issue. Also glad I didn’t have to do your annoying pita method to get my switches to work right. Lol.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:14 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Old 10-10-2022, 02:47 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Was there any resolution to this?

my brother is having the same issue as yours Hootsama - i had purchased 2 sets end of 2019. 100$ for each set.

These 'were' the newest version @ the time. i think they are on a 6th or 7th version with some matte coating (i think mine was the 4th or 5th revision)

is there any way those who have purchased a set of these switches can get a replacement set of the newest (hopefully final) revision - at a price reflecting that we had purchased 100$ previously for what was the 'best' version?

I purchased the ClimaCrap switches in July 2021. They were marked as "evo" on the order form. Cost more than $100 to get them. It is irritating to me that I may have received something less than the most current, most reliable product. I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly wish I had never removed the originals.

Last edited by myw; 10-10-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:36 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...8dazc9AvB&mp=1

As I had to look for a solution - these seem to be the best looking ones from aliExpress - i did compare with other brands etc.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:58 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,462 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Not sure why after all the posts in here anyone continued to buy these and didn't just get the high-quality MA Carbon ones. Personally, I don't like having to do the same job more than once, so whatever the slight price difference, it was totally worth it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Petza914:
desertgoon (10-10-2022), myw (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 08:45 AM
ljpviper
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Climate control

I did mine over the weekend. Not too bad of a job

Old 10-10-2022, 11:35 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

As the first 987/997 replacement switches producers in the world, we know our competitors very well. Keep in mind that ALL replacement switches you can find our there are copies of climarepair.com replacement switches. We are always a few steps forward. Those Aliexpress switches do not hold back over time, not to mention most of them are produced in China, were they have children producing them and others working in very poor conditions.

Climarepair was the first company that identified the necessity, that invested in research, that produced and built the product, all produced IN EUROPE.

Climarepair was the first company that heard the Porsche Community and released not 3, but 4 generations of replacement switches, improving its design and longevity time after time. Keep in mind that over 1.459 reenlist members are using not other but our replacement switches.

Climarepair lowered the price to the reenlist community long time ago.

Stay original, stay loyal, www.climarepair.com since 2013.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:20 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Petza914
Not sure why after all the posts in here anyone continued to buy these and didn't just get the high-quality MA Carbon ones. Personally, I don't like having to do the same job more than once, so whatever the slight price difference, it was totally worth it.
it's not as black and white as it looks.

There was a huge cost difference between MA carbon's product + the fact that Climacare kept on making newer revisions that look + 'work' better. The advertising + marketing always stated that this “new version” solves all the prev version problems. More customers were lured in, eager to show photos of the improved product. The cycle continues and more buyers (including myself) are lured in as well. Marketing is powerful.

I also believe that people overall wish to believe that people (companies in this case) can change after making mistakes and give 2nd chances etc. But until I did more research (as me + hootSama purchased the same climacare batches v5) …. I had no idea there had been a total of SIX revisions for a product that seemed seemingly as simple as this.

I don't think it is unfair for buyers to NOT EXPECT a product like this to have 1/2 a dozen revisions from ANY company. Nor do many of us wish to nor want to spend the time nor care to dig into this kind of research. Either way, by the time I learned this I had the v5's sitting on my shelf for 1.5 years before I installed them. Thinking they were the final defacto version, only to realize that yet another 6th version with the 'proper coating' is out..... or STILL flake off such as Hootsoma's, my brother etc.

I also believe the giant complaint thread has been deleted as well - for political/sponsorship reasons.

Nevertheless.... it's been i think 1/2 a decade since since the climacare complaints started - there are new players on the market and good quality cost effective options are available.

Either way, lesson learned on my end + will update re the ones i recently purchased (and will add it to the comparison post to the climacareRev, oem + pakCee product).

Last edited by myw; 10-11-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:30 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,861 Likes on 2,878 Posts

I've purchased 3 pair of Climarepair Switches over past 7 years. I was always impressed with the fast shipping coming from Europe and great quality.
However I did jump ship end of last year and purchased $36 pair on amazon which I am very happy with.
Thanks again to fellow member/buddy Kellen for the installation of switches and my great Bluetooth setup!

Old 10-10-2022, 01:09 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,462 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Keep in mind that ALL replacement switches you can find our there are copies of climarepair.com replacement switches. We are always a few steps forward. .
Sorry, but this is blatantly false and those of us that have been here since the beginning know the real information and the chronology. You may have been the first company to bring a replacement switch product to market, but were quickly superceded in both finish quality (your first 3 generations we're hard plastic textured coatings, not soft touch like the original switches), fit quality (your switches would rattle in place), and functionality (yours would get stuck when operated).

MA Carbon released a soft touch coating product that installed properly, worked properly, and lasted, before you ever came out with the Revolution product that was supposed to be a dramatic improvement to try and stay in the game. So, no, all switches available are not copies of yours (thank goodness), and in fact, your Revolution versions may have been attempted copies of theirs, but history has shown the durability of yours isn't equal to theirs, so a poor copy at that.

I have no idea what iteration your currently on since I stopped paying attention to all your revised offerings years ago, but you should be very careful about making false statements to this community because the forum admins (like me) who have been here for a decade pay attention every day and look out for the new members.

Last edited by Petza914; 10-10-2022 at 01:12 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Petza914:
Carreralicious (10-10-2022), jamesinger (08-24-2023), myw (10-10-2022), smadill (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
Was there any resolution to this?

my brother is having the same issue as yours Hootsama - i had purchased 2 sets end of 2019. 100$ for each set.

These 'were' the newest version @ the time. i think they are on a 6th or 7th version with some matte coating (i think mine was the 4th or 5th revision)

is there any way those who have purchased a set of these switches can get a replacement set of the newest (hopefully final) revision - at a price reflecting that we had purchased 100$ previously for what was the 'best' version?
There was no effort made by ClimaRepair to even DISCUSS my issue, never mind resolve it. They got my money for overpriced switches and Euro shipping and I learned a valuable lesson about heeding customer feedback before buying. Caveat Emptor. At least I don't have to pay any more greenbacks to enjoy their thinly-veiled spam posts here.

The following users liked this post:
myw (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 06:50 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

why did you have to purchase 3 pairs of switches? 3 997/987s?

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I've purchased 3 pair of Climarepair Switches over past 7 years. I was always impressed with the fast shipping coming from Europe and great quality.
However I did jump ship end of last year and purchased $36 pair on amazon which I am very happy with.
Thanks again to fellow member/buddy Kellen for the installation of switches and my great Bluetooth setup!

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???