Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 07:01 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,920 Likes on 2,908 Posts

I don't noticed the slight variation in font (way too subtle) but I have 63 yr old eyes.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:12 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

tbh, in all cases, ur switches, my brothers, oem etc etc we are all being too **** lol
as long as the switches are in good condition, nobody will even notice.

this only happens on RL lol.

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I don't noticed the slight variation in font (way too subtle) but I have 63 yr old eyes.

The following users liked this post:
groovzilla (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 03:04 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 229 Posts

I purchased the ClimaCrap switches in July 2021. They were marked as "evo" on the order form. Cost more than $100 to get them. It is irritating to me that I may have received something less than the most current, most reliable product. I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly wish I had never removed the originals.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:17 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hootsama
I purchased the ClimaCrap switches in July 2021. They were marked as "evo" on the order form. Cost more than $100 to get them. It is irritating to me that I may have received something less than the most current, most reliable product. I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly wish I had never removed the originals.
That switch is a disaster.
I would contact ClimaRepair and demand the latest style switches if in fact they didn't provide them to you.
When you factor in the hassle removing/.installing I'd be pissed.

(And in the meantime, a black indelible marker will cover that mess up)

Last edited by groovzilla; 03-27-2022 at 03:19 PM.
myw (03-28-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 04:39 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

Strange…I bought my Climarepair switches back from April, 2019 which were listed as the Revolution version. Still looking like new…

myw (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 02:17 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

do they feel 'stuck' at all when moving them up or down?

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
Strange…I bought my Climarepair switches back from April, 2019 which were listed as the Revolution version. Still looking like new…

Old 03-28-2022, 02:19 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

ugh, what the heck. this should be revison (revolution) 5 or 6 (with super heat coating)

Old 03-28-2022, 02:54 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
do they feel 'stuck' at all when moving them up or down?
No, they are smooth in operation. I did notice that if you install the switches with the plungers in the unit itself in the wrong direction when reinserting (the plungers have one side larger than the other if you look closely so you have to have the orientation right when putting it back), the switches would be hard to operate and so after I redid it the right way before reinstalling the unit, all was working fine.

I would bet that the folks who reinstalled the plungers in the wrong direction are the ones having this problem with the switches not moving smoothly.

Last edited by Carreralicious; 03-28-2022 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:36 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We know from what many users post and many other users say but dont post that climarepair have sold thousands of Revolution switches, and this is the first or second post I read from somebody complaining about the clima revo. I think this clearly shows your issue its a matter of how you use the switches / hand sweat etc. and not about the switch itself.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

I also have to chime in and mention again that over the years I have ordered and used 3 pair of ClimaRepair switches in 3 of my past 997's and always been very happy with their look/fit and workability.
I purchased my most recent pair on Amazon for $35 w/shipping(Prime) because they looked great, included overnight shipping and thought what the hell.
I'm very happy with them but also have been very satisfied with ClimaRepair.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:04 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by renncayman
We know from what many users post and many other users say but dont post that climarepair have sold thousands of Revolution switches, and this is the first or second post I read from somebody complaining about the clima revo. I think this clearly shows your issue its a matter of how you use the switches / hand sweat etc. and not about the switch itself.
I am glad that you've had a better experience than me. Respectfully, (1) there have been a lot of complaints over the years and confusion about (and replacement of) the various versions released over time to address quality issues. (2) I love the 'blame the victim' comment.

In my original message, I tried to convey the extraordinary lengths I go to protect my interior. (No soft touch paint amiss in my car. No cuts, scrapes, or bolster wear on the seats. All leather and carpet like new.) I do not suffer from excessive sweating and, although my replacement switches did not include instructions on 'how to use the switch' I think I've been doing it right: a gentle press up or down with the fleshy tip of my right index finger. If there is a better way to use the switches, I would sincerely appreciate the advice.

But it must be my fault so I'll buy replacements from another source and see if my big, clumsy sweat-soaked finger tip destroys them, too.
myw (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 11:47 PM
ABQSpeedster58
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Climate Repair

I bought mine in September and finally installed them in January. They look very good, have no obvious flaws and do not have sticky or difficult operation. The install took me about 2 hours but I was very careful to do it right. Hopefully they will continue to work well.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:38 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

In my original message, I tried to convey the extraordinary lengths I go to protect my interior. (No soft touch paint amiss in my car. No cuts, scrapes, or bolster wear on the seats. All leather and carpet like new.) I do not suffer from excessive sweating and, although my replacement switches did not include instructions on 'how to use the switch' I think I've been doing it right: a gentle press up or down with the fleshy tip of my right index finger. If there is a better way to use the switches, I would sincerely appreciate the advice.

But it must be my fault so I'll buy replacements from another source and see if my big, clumsy sweat-soaked finger tip destroys them, too.
Not trying to put blame on you, but do you or a passenger happen to use hand sanitizer in the car, as I can see how that can eat away at the paint on the switches. Did the switch on the left side also lose paint like that? Or maybe you just got a bad batch in which case it would be nice if they just sent you a replacement to see if it happens again. I’d be upset too if that happened but mine have held up well.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:01 AM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Not trying to put blame on you, but do you or a passenger happen to use hand sanitizer in the car, as I can see how that can eat away at the paint on the switches. Did the switch on the left side also lose paint like that? Or maybe you just got a bad batch in which case it would be nice if they just sent you a replacement to see if it happens again. I’d be upset too if that happened but mine have held up well.
I'm not a hand-sanitizer guy. Always avoid lotions, sun tan stuff etc on my hands. The Temp switch is perfect.

Ultimately, I'm really not that pissed about it now. My frustration was really about the fact that I tried to stand behind the seller because I thought they were trying hard to make a good product and to make things right when products failed. I really wanted to be a happy reference case. I've contacted those folks to see about a replacement, otherwise it's the $40 eBay route. At least I know how to do the replacement so it should be less of a hassle.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hootsama:
Carreralicious (04-01-2022), myw (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 06:01 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

b4 i install my climacare revolution switches - im going to spray the crap out of them via matte clearcoat. i REALLY hope this will solve the problem.

the pakCee switches are good.

I'm not a hand-sanitizer guy. Always avoid lotions, sun tan stuff etc on my hands. The Temp switch is perfect.

Ultimately, I'm really not that pissed about it now. My frustration was really about the fact that I tried to stand behind the seller because I thought they were trying hard to make a good product and to make things right when products failed. I really wanted to be a happy reference case. I've contacted those folks to see about a replacement, otherwise it's the $40 eBay route. At least I know how to do the replacement so it should be less of a hassle.

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???