Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 02:15 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I don’t think there is any reinforcement, brackets or seat belts mounts so it might be illegal and unsafe.

These will sell, especially the black one 2WD with lower miles. If not driven much, the black GTS would be a decent investment and could hold value or slightly increase in 2 to 5 years.

Does anyone have the number on GTSs with manuals.
There is a pretty easily-obtained kit for doing this. My friend did it in her 997.1 GT3 and again in her 991.1 GT3 RS. Gotta get the kids to school!
The following users liked this post:
TheTorch (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 04:36 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
There is a pretty easily-obtained kit for doing this. My friend did it in her 997.1 GT3 and again in her 991.1 GT3 RS. Gotta get the kids to school!
Hell of a family truckster!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:14 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

I dunno, but based on recent sales and how quickly there are moving even for winter months, you got a steal.

Did you purchase your GTS cabriolet first day listed? You could probably sell yours for $80k ish, maybe more, with that build, low mileage, CPO and a manual.

Porsche dealers were selling these GTS manuals in the mid $70k range and other dealerships were snatching them up and jacking the price into the $90k range. Based on the current 2 CPO GTS manual listings at $94 and $100k, I don't think we shall see many more GTS manuals at Porsche dealerships with low miles selling for anything south of $85k or perhaps $90k. Seems like they learned their lessons here . . .
I don't agree: these cars are overpriced. Most P-car dealers typically know what they are doing and these 2nd hand parties buy a car, expect it to sell for $95k, and sit it on it for year, only to sell at $80k. It is probably not a coincidence that both of these overpriced GTS are at the same dealer. Isn't Overton selling a GTS manual on here w/Aerokit for $10k less? It has been up for a month. The one with the slight overrev situation last year (probably OK, but discounted due to that) in Aqua Blue couldn't find a buyer at $70k; no overrev report is worth $20 grand, as a full rebuild to better specs can be had for 25k, and the chances of a blown engine aren't even 1 in 10. Manuals are fairly rare, but the ones that actually sell are almost never over $85k. Sometimes they are under $75k. Typically when someone here gets a new one private party, they paid under $75 grand. $75k trade in does not equal $95k retail value.

Show of hands how many people paid over $90k for their GTS.....(and are willing to admit it).
Old 12-26-2019, 03:18 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

This 2009 C2S Basalt Black PDK has an accident, but if it was minor, it has otherwise been serviced well and is sold by a Porsche dealer. Nice build. That could be a good DD, especially for $42k (ask is $44,900)

https://www.porschespokane.com/inven...ab29969s722716
Old 12-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
I don't agree: these cars are overpriced. Most P-car dealers typically know what they are doing and these 2nd hand parties buy a car, expect it to sell for $95k, and sit it on it for year, only to sell at $80k. It is probably not a coincidence that both of these overpriced GTS are at the same dealer. Isn't Overton selling a GTS manual on here w/Aerokit for $10k less? It has been up for a month. The one with the slight overrev situation last year (probably OK, but discounted due to that) in Aqua Blue couldn't find a buyer at $70k; no overrev report is worth $20 grand, as a full rebuild to better specs can be had for 25k, and the chances of a blown engine aren't even 1 in 10. Manuals are fairly rare, but the ones that actually sell are almost never over $85k. Sometimes they are under $75k. Typically when someone here gets a new one private party, they paid under $75 grand. $75k trade in does not equal $95k retail value.

Show of hands how many people paid over $90k for their GTS.....(and are willing to admit it).
Edit: The Overton car has value issues addressed below . . . and Aqua blue to me is the worst color for something like this.

Just because you and perhaps I would not pay over $90k for a manual GTS or whether we think it is overpriced or underpriced is of no consequence. $90k is not a lot of money at all for most in the high-end car market and actually cheap in the high-end sports car market for rarer, pristine, low mileage, unmolested cars.

There are people out there that will pay this kind of money for rarities in the high-end sports car market

So whether anyone has done that happens to see your post today or whether you or I think it is fairly priced is irellevant. That’s the price for a low mileage, unmolested/stock form, manual GTS right now and chances are someone will pay it eventually that has money and wants to have a pristine, low mile, mint, unmolested GTS manual.

Look at my other post for examples of me selling certain tough to find Porsches to see them sell a few years later for 3 times to over 10 times the prices I purchased and sold them for. It is not a question of underpriced or overpriced. The question is do you have the money and do you really want it. You don’t so move on.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-26-2019 at 10:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (12-27-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 08:43 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

I don't agree: these cars are overpriced.
i agree these GTS’s are overpriced but maybe easier for me to see it as I’m not a gts owner so i don’t have anything invested into how the gts market does. the market will tell us if the pricing is right, it always does.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
i agree these GTS’s are overpriced but maybe easier for me to see it as I’m not a gts owner so i don’t have anything invested into how the gts market does. the market will tell us if the pricing is right, it always does.
Lol, it has nothing to do with whether you are a GTS owner or not. The dealers purchasing and reselling these are in tune with market pulse and are in the business to sell cars, not carry inventory on their books at prices that will never sell.

RE: Bias and why perhaps 997.2 prices will stabilize over long run

I purchased my GTS to daily drive, not an investment, and will put tons of miles on it killing its value. It is also a pdk. That said, I did have in the back of my mind that the 997.2 GTS market is a relatively stable market price wise because: (1) many like/prefer/want this body style over the 991s and the 996s; (2) there are relatively fewer 997.2s than 997.1s and the 997.1s have a basket case for an engine; (3) The GTS is the pinnacle of the street version NA 997.2 and in lower production numbers; and (4) the 997.2s have the pdk and no the tiprtronic which perhaps should not be in a NA sports car.

The bigger issue with manuals in the 997.2s is that Porsche seemed to produce a very low number of manuals in both the 997.2tt and the 997.2 GTS. I think low mileage, unwrecked, pristine examples in stock form of both the 997.2tt and the 997.2 GTS with a manual will be a decent car to sit on value wise over the long haul unless you put a lot of miles on it.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-26-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

RE: Overton GTS manual for $83,500.

The Overton GTS has 42k miles and the aero kit is not factory installed. The car in stock form is more valuable, although I personally would want the aero kit. It is also a 4 and I think the allure of a GTS is wide body with RWD. The big hit on this car though is miles and non-factory installed aero kit when talking premium value.

The Overton car with less than 25k miles, in stock form, from a Porsche dealership with a CPO would be long gone at that price, perhaps sold first day listed as people scan this national CPO list daily.

A month or 2 or 3 months on the market for a specialty or rarer item with more focused target market and a premium price tag is not a big deal.

Even when I was looking for a bargain GTS to daily drive (i.e., unwilling to pay a premium of any kind), I would NOT consider any car with over 35k to 40k miles. I really only wanted something with less than 30k miles and actually wanted 20k or less.

Right or wrong, premium cars with premium price tags tend to be more liquid from Porsche dealerships with a CPO attached. People will definitely pay more for cars like this from a factory dealership, especially with a CPO.

By chance, is Warrington Porsche owned by same family as Richard Sloan or Sloan motorcars. If so, theses guys really know the high-end Porsche market and Porsche clientele well.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-26-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

RE: White Manual GTSs listed for low $90s in October in NY

I just ran a quick Autotrader and Cars.com search and those manual GTSs listed in NY, and discussed in this thread, in October for low $90s are no longer listed. I think both were white and one was a 2011.

This is an awesome car with a great build sheet that showed up when looking for those other 2 GTS manuals listed in the $90s . . . $86,500 for a 2012 C2S with 3,100:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2936/overview/

. . . and a manual 2011 Turbo with 47k miles:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4018/overview/
Old 12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
Yeah, I put a deposit down the first day it listed, 15 minutes before the dealer closed. It was from upstate NY and I think it was snowing there that day. The sales manager told me they had a lot of 911's on the lot and they weren't moving. I don't think they wanted another 911 cab on the lot and priced it to move. I don't think they quite understood where the market was for that car. If I didn't put the deposit down then, it was sold the next morning at opening. They had a lot of calls on it afterwards.

I'm thrilled to see where the market is for these. Nothing disheartening like stretching a bit to buy a certain car and seeing the market go down after buying it. I couldn't be happier right now, especially seeing GTS' pulling much stronger money than "13-14 C4S' etc. The only problem now is I shouldn't drive the s**t out of this thing and rack up the miles. I have a plan though, I am in the process of convincing the wife that a Cayman S with a PDK would be fun, without the apprehension of a manual trans for her.

I did see this car pop up this morning https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

little higher miles but a nice build. https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A96BS720711/

Not a Porsche dealership but we'll see where they price it.

They're asking $89,900 for that one!
Old 12-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

By chance, is Warrington Porsche owned by same family as Richard Sloan or Sloan motorcars. If so, theses guys really know the high-end Porsche market and Porsche clientele well.
Warrington is the Porsche Dealership that currently occupies the same location where Sloane Porsche was previously. 1607 Easton Rd, Warrington, PA 18976. I believe Sloane sold off to Warrington.

I've dealt with the current and prior ownership group, and found them to be extremely aggressive in their pricing. That area has some wealthy clientele so I'm sure they are able to locate buyers willing to pay a premium.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Lol, it has nothing to do with whether you are a GTS owner or not.
you really don’t think there are people here who pump stuff up largely because they own similar cars and want to either protect their investments or just feel better about their purchases? i think it happens quite a bit, and actually it’s pretty obvious at times. like I said, I don’t have a dog in the fight. and the market will tell us if the pricing is on the mark.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
They're asking $89,900 for that one!
$89,000 for no CPO and 27,000 miles sounds pretty consistent with the 2 others at Warrington Porsche.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

While I certainly hope my 6spd GTS will appreciate at some point I can't kid myself . People are spending money like drunken sailors right now because their homes and 401K's have exploded in value. It's 2005 all over again.

I was looking up production numbers and Howtoporsche looks pretty goofy. They don't even list the 2012 GTS. I assume then they lumped them together with 2011. http://howtoporsche.com/911-series/9...r-and-version/

What data do you like to use?

I don't understand what they list as a 2010.2 R

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 12-26-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_
Warrington is the Porsche Dealership that currently occupies the same location where Sloane Porsche was previously. 1607 Easton Rd, Warrington, PA 18976. I believe Sloane sold off to Warrington.

I've dealt with the current and prior ownership group, and found them to be extremely aggressive in their pricing. That area has some wealthy clientele so I'm sure they are able to locate buyers willing to pay a premium.
This is the Sloan I am speaking of. Purchased my 993tt S from Richard Sloan for $160k 15 or so years ago. Those things peaked at $700,000 or so a few years back.

Looks like they still have best of the best

993 RS:

https://www.sloanmotorcars.com/curre...-silver-black/

935 Ruf Tribute car:

https://www.sloanmotorcars.com/curre...f-935-tribute/

Last edited by Doug H; 12-26-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)