Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent713
This is an attractive price, love the C4 with wide body but a turn off with the PDK IMO. This car needs the Sport Chrono with the sports + feature to have any kind of driving excitement.
You can add the Sport + feature after the sale. It is a little over 1K
You get all the features, except the clock on the dashboard.
The following users liked this post:
Vincent713 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 05:41 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
A month ago, the cheapest GTS cab was $69k and it had a wreck on the carfax and 37k miles. Really depends on condition of this car in person. Could be rough and over 70k miles . . . most looking for a GTS or premium cars will pass on that.

They priced this one in the S market which seems appropriate.
Interesting. There was a manual GTS cab with under 30,000 miles on it, Loaded++++ (manual and every option box ticked), on the PCA site fall of 2018 and that guy had it FOREVER. I think it he sold it 6 months later; he was asking $67,500 at the time. I don't think the market for a GTS cab is particularly strong; it certainly isn't like a clean, correct option manual GTS coupe. GTS4 and GTS cabs just don't bring the same money, and there is even less demand for a PDK version.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Interesting. There was a manual GTS cab with under 30,000 miles on it, Loaded++++ (manual and every option box ticked), on the PCA site fall of 2018 and that guy had it FOREVER. I think it he sold it 6 months later; he was asking $67,500 at the time. I don't think the market for a GTS cab is particularly strong; it certainly isn't like a clean, correct option manual GTS coupe. GTS4 and GTS cabs just don't bring the same money, and there is even less demand for a PDK version.
I think everything depends. Depends on the car, depends on the timing, seller, buyer, market etc. I just bought a CPO GTS Cab with 16k on it. It checked all my boxes and I put a deposit on it the day it listed. The day I purchased it in person the sales manager told me he was taking a deposit for the car the next morning as soon as they opened and was informed I put one down the night before. It was a manual, loaded with all the option boxes ticked and had phone calls about it every day until it sold. It is Speed Yellow and not everyone's cup of tea, but there was sure a lot of interest in it. It was listed here on this thread about a month ago.

There's no doubt that that the coupes' bring more money but the supply of low milage, well spec'd cars decreases every year. I'll find out if the market discriminates against my car in a few years if I sell it. I suspect I'll be OK. Besides the car market is a funny thing, one day a hot car falls out of favor and then the other way around.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
I had 2 GTS pdk cabs purchased out from beneath me in September. Both sold in less than a day. My GTS pdk cab was listed less than a day in late September.

The first was a white 2011 GTS cab pdk in San Francisco. He listed it late one Friday in September for $68k. It had 18,000 miles. I called and emailed about it at around 10:00 CST the next morning. The car was already on hold for a PPI and sold on Monday after the PPI.

The 2nd was also white. It had 21,000 miles and was $69,000 at a dealership in Pembroke Pines, Florida. I called day 2 of the listing on Cars.com. It had a deposit and waiting PPI. It sold. This was also in September.

There is one sitting now at a place in Indianna. It is white with black rock guards which I think are hideous, but an easy fix. It has alcantara. I wanted ventilated seats. Both of the above and mine, which I purchased day 1 of its listing and before pictures were put up, all had ventilated seats. The white with alcabatara did not seem like a clean car based on close up photos I saw and I believe was in mid 30k miles.

For sure, the cab market will be soft in December and is always soft in the winter. Prior to October 15, every GTS cab with less than 50k miles that had not been previously wrecked was above $70k and most were in mid $70k range.

The 3 white one with ventilated seats and SC that were less $70k sold day 1 of listing or within hours of listing on my at and the San Francisco car.

I always filtered my searches at less than 50k miles and really only considered cars with 30k miles or less.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Here is a link to the 2011 GTS cab in San Francisco that sold for $68k within hours of its listing before I could purchase it.

https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/v...-cabriolet-gts

The one in Pembroke is no longer viewable. Auto nation never got photos up of mine and ad was down before I went to Waco and purchased it.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

Here is a link to the 2011 GTS cab in San Francisco that sold for $68k within hours of its listing before I could purchase it.

https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/v...-cabriolet-gts

The one in Pembroke is no longer viewable. Auto nation never got photos up of mine and ad was down before I went to Waco and purchased it.
That's a good price, and nicely optioned, but not full leather. I don't know if having a cab in manual helps or hurts me. I assume it helps due to the premiums the manual coups command. I paid market price but it is a CPO with documented maintenance history and the paint is beautiful. The only thing its missing is the ventilated seats

Last edited by Prairiedawg; 12-09-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:17 AM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I've notice and I think it's safe to say the coupe brings higher value than the cab however there are a lot of cab lovers especially in the sunny warm states. If you have one and decide to sell it in the future, you won't have a hard time selling it if you make it available nationwide. Doug is right though, you definitely want to sell it during the riding season.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 AM
jkoravos
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent713
This is an attractive price, love the C4 with wide body but a turn off with the PDK IMO. This car needs the Sport Chrono with the sports + feature to have any kind of driving excitement.
It would be a nice year round DD in a cold climate. I'd love to have a C4 to throw around in the snow in NE.
The following users liked this post:
Vincent713 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jkoravos
It would be a nice year round DD in a cold climate. I'd love to have a C4 to throw around in the snow in NE.
I used to love driving my water cooled Turbos in snow and inclement weather. They were awesome.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:48 PM
nick2413
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Either way, it's pretty difficult to sell these cars in coupe or cab in winter. Which reminds me, I once accidentally met my cab twin which was pretty cool.

The following 2 users liked this post by nick2413:
daddyscar (12-12-2019), prost893 (12-12-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 02:23 AM
DriftFreak
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've been looking for a Speed Yellow 911 for a while now and came across this car on Dec 1st https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=259426305. The listing back then was at Tom Wood Porsche in Indianapolis with no price and it had been listed just that day. So I called them the day after since it was a Sunday and found out they were asking 50k for it but there was already a deposit on the car. Fast forward a week later, it's now being sold at this current dealership for a 14k markup. Now I'm sad. Anyway, if anyone was/is looking at that one, hope it helps you negotiate.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:39 AM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftFreak
So I've been looking for a Speed Yellow 911 for a while now and came across this car on Dec 1st https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=259426305. The listing back then was at Tom Wood Porsche in Indianapolis with no price and it had been listed just that day. So I called them the day after since it was a Sunday and found out they were asking 50k for it but there was already a deposit on the car. Fast forward a week later, it's now being sold at this current dealership for a 14k markup. Now I'm sad. Anyway, if anyone was/is looking at that one, hope it helps you negotiate.
Ah. Good ol Ryan Friedman. Classic play by him.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:12 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

17k miles, manual and an aero kit. Dang, I want it.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:01 AM
JAAM
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

i saw this posting the day of and was planning to go see it but it was taken off. Tom wood is local to me too........
Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

17k miles, manual and an aero kit. Dang, I want it.
​​​​​​there is a spectacular guards red 997 manual with aero-kit on RL at the moment. the aero-kit is awesome but looks especially good with red and yellow imo. as for ryan, he gets great cars but his mark-ups are pure SMH.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)