Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 AM
cohen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco P
One more, an Arctic Silver 997.1 Carrera Manual Coupe: https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/200...les-c-5855.htm
I bought this one. Flawless PPI. Anything I should be aware of? My first 911.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:11 AM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by cohen
14 year old 911 that hasn’t been driven would worry me. These cars like to be driven. Also pretty basic spec / hope you got a great deal.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 98 Posts

It's a beauty.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Hindsight2010
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Congrats on your first Porsche!
Old 10-02-2019, 12:11 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco P
And a Red 997.1 Carrera Manual Coupe: https://barnabaautosport.com/2005-Po...3/Details.aspx

IMS done.
Test drove this one locally and had a solid offer with the private seller, but he chose to sell back to Barnaba instead. Car was bought from Barnaba last summer for a similar price to current listing. Overall drove well and nice presentation. Based on IMS serial number, it was done a ways back (like in 2010), but seller's understanding was it was more recent to their acquisition last summer. So not sure what's going on there. Based on maintenance records, only seemed to be minimally driven in the past 3-5 years (going off memory). Body/wheels were near mint, and the interior only had one very minor flaw. Although the car was great overall, I don't mind that my deal fell through since I found a "better" spec for the same money a couple weeks later (2006 Silver C2, 45k miles, with HID/power/heated seats which I wanted but the red one doesn't have).
Old 10-02-2019, 12:26 PM
jkoravos
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JAAM

2009 CPO is rare but the price is pretty high for this basic spec car.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:28 PM
jkoravos
Pro

Originally Posted by AIrey1507
Test drove this one locally and had a solid offer with the private seller, but he chose to sell back to Barnaba instead. Car was bought from Barnaba last summer for a similar price to current listing. Overall drove well and nice presentation. Based on IMS serial number, it was done a ways back (like in 2010), but seller's understanding was it was more recent to their acquisition last summer. So not sure what's going on there. Based on maintenance records, only seemed to be minimally driven in the past 3-5 years (going off memory). Body/wheels were near mint, and the interior only had one very minor flaw. Although the car was great overall, I don't mind that my deal fell through since I found a "better" spec for the same money a couple weeks later (2006 Silver C2, 45k miles, with HID/power/heated seats which I wanted but the red one doesn't have).

$43k is pretty high for an '05 even with 30k. I don't think they'll sell for that.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:30 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Originally Posted by jkoravos
$43k is pretty high for an '05 even with 30k. I don't think they'll sell for that.
oh very much agreed. I had financing all set on my end @ $34k before the seller got cold feet. But the dealer must have bought back above that number though.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:34 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Unframed
I would pay $60k for a 997.2 C2S manual with 30k miles or less if it's local, completely unmodified, has a flawless PPI, includes both keys, has some documented service history, original window sticker, and if it's a spec that really appeals to you. In other words, a "needs nothing" car that you can immediately start enjoying. That's what I feel it takes for a .2 C2S to be in that $60k-$65k range.
This feels accurate to me. It also cuts both ways (i.e. when a local .2 C2S manual perfectly matched to a buyer's spec wishlist becomes available, you gotta be ready to move and not hesitate over the last few $'s. Wanting a specific spec creates a real paucity of supply).

Good luck to all those currently hunting. Took me 8 months to find mine.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 60 Posts

Browsing around, for anyone interested in this ad and/or if it pops up on any car sale site. I'd say stay away. I was curious and had check because why wouldn't I want a car half off its value lol. Anyone got any insight?
https://rockford.craigslist.org/pts/6985827141.html

Here is the response,
"The Porsche is still for sale. It has 96,926 miles, clean title owned outright. The price is $28,500. It has been recently inspected and rated in perfect condition. I have attached the Autocheck and the Inspection report. It comes with all the books, maintenance records, keys, and the title.
I got a new job in Canada as a petroleum engineer for Suncor. Because of me being here, I hired a company in the US that will take care of the entire process in my absence, I gave them full power of attorney on this sale, so we can do this without me being present.

Let me know if you are still interested and here are some more photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/98gZ5yybDB36uxBE8

Regards,
Curtis Robertson"
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vince Honorato
Browsing around, for anyone interested in this ad and/or if it pops up on any car sale site. I'd say stay away. I was curious and had check because why wouldn't I want a car half off its value lol. Anyone got any insight?
https://rockford.craigslist.org/pts/6985827141.html

Here is the response,
"The Porsche is still for sale. It has 96,926 miles, clean title owned outright. The price is $28,500. It has been recently inspected and rated in perfect condition. I have attached the Autocheck and the Inspection report. It comes with all the books, maintenance records, keys, and the title.
I got a new job in Canada as a petroleum engineer for Suncor. Because of me being here, I hired a company in the US that will take care of the entire process in my absence, I gave them full power of attorney on this sale, so we can do this without me being present.

Let me know if you are still interested and here are some more photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/98gZ5yybDB36uxBE8

Regards,
Curtis Robertson"
well buying by international proxy is usually one of the first signs of a scam, but who knows. If you google the VIN, you'll see it was for sale at a dealer in Houston in December 2016 for $39,997 with 85k miles. So the updated mileage seems reasonable, but it seems like it was "under priced" at the dealer 3 years ago as well, so I would guess there is something more to the story. Also the pictures in the cragislist ad don't look like Rockford, IL to me, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:29 PM
jkoravos
Pro

I don't think the price is that low for almost 100k. Definitely on the lower side, though. I would expect low 30s for a private sale with that mileage.

If they allow you to see/inspect the car and you can do some due diligence on the broker and the seller, I wouldn't let that stop the deal. Also, check the carfax.

EDIT: Definitely a scam! That same car is listed on PCA Classifieds (with 54k miles) for $52,000.

https://www.pca.org/browse-the-mart-...eld_car%3A1170

Last edited by jkoravos; 10-02-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Hindsight2010
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Anyone ever look at Carvana? When I was still shopping for a 911, a 2012 997 6MT coupe, C2S, guards red exterior with black interior and 13k miles on it was listed on there for $53k. The same day it was listed it went into pending status. So I setup an alert to email me the moment a 997 is listed. Oddly, the red car was re-listed later at $57,900k and was already pending when I saw it again.
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1264462

I got an alert this morning for. 2012 997, I *immediately* clicked it and it too is already pending purchase. Very strange. What's interesting about this one is that it's a PDK C2 (non S) cab, 29k miles, and they want $60k for it. That price seems high to me.
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1283568

I'm wondering what the deal is with these things being in pending status immediately on listing. Seems fishy. It's almost as if they are already sold before they list them, though given Carvana's model, I don't see how that would be possible. It was easier to understand someone scooping up the red one... $53k was a great deal, but not so much this cab.

EDIT: Ok curiosity got the better of me and I called and talked to Carvana. They didn't have any answers for me but I think I was able to piece together what is going on. When they get a vehicle in, they quickly list it without photos as "coming soon". You can out down a refundable $100 deposit on it and if you do, once it's listed and photos show up, you have 48 hours to proceed with the deal or back out. So that must be what's happening here. Both cars had a deposit from when they were "coming soon".
Old 10-03-2019, 07:35 PM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hindsight2010
Anyone ever look at Carvana? When I was still shopping for a 911, a 2012 997 6MT coupe, C2S, guards red exterior with black interior and 13k miles on it was listed on there for $53k. The same day it was listed it went into pending status. So I setup an alert to email me the moment a 997 is listed. Oddly, the red car was re-listed later at $57,900k and was already pending when I saw it again.
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1264462

I got an alert this morning for. 2012 997, I *immediately* clicked it and it too is already pending purchase. Very strange. What's interesting about this one is that it's a PDK C2 (non S) cab, 29k miles, and they want $60k for it. That price seems high to me.
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1283568

I'm wondering what the deal is with these things being in pending status immediately on listing. Seems fishy. It's almost as if they are already sold before they list them, though given Carvana's model, I don't see how that would be possible. It was easier to understand someone scooping up the red one... $53k was a great deal, but not so much this cab.

EDIT: Ok curiosity got the better of me and I called and talked to Carvana. They didn't have any answers for me but I think I was able to piece together what is going on. When they get a vehicle in, they quickly list it without photos as "coming soon". You can out down a refundable $100 deposit on it and if you do, once it's listed and photos show up, you have 48 hours to proceed with the deal or back out. So that must be what's happening here. Both cars had a deposit from when they were "coming soon".
Yeah, their model allows for anyone with the same alert as you to see it, put down a small deposit and effectively reserve the car for future decision. At the end of the day, they shouldn't be pricing their stuff too high (in general) because they really don't want to sit on inventory too long... so it's odd that this one feels on the high side. Maybe whomever procured the vehicle got in a little on the high side as well.
The following users liked this post:
Hindsight2010 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Unframed
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 83 Posts

https://www.udriveautomobiles.com/

I check their inventory pretty regularly. They get a lot of nice spec 997s. They do price their cars accordingly, though.

Caveat emptor, etc etc. I have no affiliation with them, not any kind of endorsement.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)