Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:14 PM
qualified man
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 Porsche 911 Carrera 47K - $45,998

https://www.carmax.com/car/16844116

06/16/17 Porsche Cars North America, PASADENA CA CERTIFIED AS PORSCHE APPROVED CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED VEHICLE
Old 12-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Coppakid
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie to the marque. I have my eyes on the last of the 997.2 GTS's in manual - pref 2 x rather than 4 x.

I am thinking early January might be a good time to pounce.

Can I kindly ask (any)opinions on this CPO:

https://www.porscheofsouthshore.com/...ab2a92cs721095

Seems $20k too much... Thanks!
Old 12-14-2018, 03:19 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

High, but not 20k.

Originally Posted by Coppakid
Hi folks,
I'm a newbie to the marque. I have my eyes on the last of the 997.2 GTS's in manual - pref 2 x rather than 4 x.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:23 AM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rw229
High, but not 20k.
i don't see the value in this. Just my opinion and sacrilege in 977 forum, but if I had 85K to spend , I would look at a lightly used 2017 or similar.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:15 PM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts

Hi folks,

That car will bring $72.5k all day.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi folks,

A low mileage manual transmission aerokit 997 GTS is a rare bird. The price is high but not $20K high. I would guess mid to high $70s. If it were below $75K it would already be gone. Best of luck finding any manual GTS coupe. It isn't easy. We can go around in circles all day long about whether or not they warrant their value over a mid-$50s Carrera S or a $90K GT3 but the one thing they provide without question that some people desire is exclusivity.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

How much should a GTS like that with PDK should cost ?
Old 12-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

There is no "too high". There is supply, and there is demand. Thats how this game works!

As far as how much a GTS with PDK just like that one "should cost"... apply above supply and demand and that will tell you. If there aren't more options out there then it costs what the seller is willing to take.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Coppakid
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm trying to get something that is limited and unique so this all helps to better understand the brand. I also have to admit I'm torn between something like this or stepping it up a bit and going for a .2 GT3.
Just not a fan of alcantara... hehe I'm sure there's a whole B.B. on that alone!
Old 12-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Coppakid
Intermediate

That Meteor Grey is gorgeous though...
Old 12-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

Your answer doesn't help that much, it only puts the price as a guessing game. Since the KBB is giving out a price range which is much lower than what people are asking there's no real way to figure out how much one should offer for a car like that. I've seen a seller here in the Tampa area selling his for 75,900 and the ad has been on for a while. He says he wont go any lower than $74k but the car is still not selling. So how do I know how much I should offer for a car like that to a seller selling this type of car.

Originally Posted by Fined
There is no "too high". There is supply, and there is demand. Thats how this game works!

As far as how much a GTS with PDK just like that one "should cost"... apply above supply and demand and that will tell you. If there aren't more options out there then it costs what the seller is willing to take.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:24 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 158 Posts

Hi folks,

This is a Porsche dealer CPO 2012 GTS with uncommon color, aero kit, low miles and a 6-speed. If you can afford it, it’s worth the money all day. The ones who are saying it’s worth less are the same ones who post on here crying about the ones that got away. These cars are not being built anymore and are extremely desirable. This car is as close as you’re going to get to buying brand new, and the reassurance of buying CPO from a Porsche dealer is something that adds peace of mind. The 997.2 GTS is considered one of the ultimate 911s of all time and the pros all expect values to rise over time. There are so many reasons the GTS is worth more than an S or base Carrera. All are outstanding cars, and I’ve owned them all. A base 6-speed Carrera is an awesome daily driver and nothing to shy away from. A ton of fun. The S offers even more power, better brakes and other niceties. The GTS is a very special car. It is a unique combination of features that equals an experience more than the sum of it’s parts. I just drove an S and GT3, both with PDK, on track this week. I used to drive my base Carrera 6-speed on track as well. They are all amazing vehicles. Oh, I also drove a 740 hp Lamborghini Aventador S on track this week. The Lambo is a brutal show car. Any 911 is vastly superior on track and frankly, the GT3 with PDK felt almost indistinguishable from my PDK GTS. In my experience, I see the GTS as the street version of the GT3. For what it’s worth, I was a dealer GM and in the business for 16 years and currently race successfully in the GTS2 class. I don’t want to daily a GT3 but the GTS is perfect for my needs and I love the combination of wide body rwd, lower suspension, 408 hp, center lock wheels and specific styling details that separate it from other 911s. So basically, my suggestion for you is that any 911 is an exceptional car that will make you proud and provide much enjoyment. If the GTS model in particular speaks to you, then the car you asked about is a very rare and special model with Porsche inspection and warranty and will be worth the price to the right person. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by davidtsedaka
Your answer doesn't help that much, it only puts the price as a guessing game. Since the KBB is giving out a price range which is much lower than what people are asking there's no real way to figure out how much one should offer for a car like that. I've seen a seller here in the Tampa area selling his for 75,900 and the ad has been on for a while. He says he wont go any lower than $74k but the car is still not selling. So how do I know how much I should offer for a car like that to a seller selling this type of car.

you offer up the amount you are willing to pay for the car. if they take it, you've got a badass 911. if not you can negotiate from there. There isn't an exact science here that some prospective buyers are looking for. These cars are too rare (based on number available for sale at this moment) to use any stupid KBB valuation. if you want to buy a car where there are a total of 10 for sale at this moment (just made up the number, dont know)... the KBB and other valuation tools go out the window. its going to be based on supply and demand. with a greater sample size the valuation tools can be of some use, but even then.. those tools are not usually good for 911. There is far too much intrinsic value in it.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:54 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by rw229
High, but not 20k.
Based on current market conditions, high 70's is the price I would be willing to pay. That is just me, though. That is about what these cars were trading at a year ago. A well-known example (in Aqua Blue) posted here about a year ago went for $77k, and it was a nicer build! But, it also had a bit of aftermarket stuff (Techart wing, AWE exhaust) and that may have affected the value. 85k seems very high.

Don't let anyone tell you that the GTS is the "street version" of the 997.2 GT3. Any C2S can be optioned to GTS specs, not including the widebody. The same 3.8L engine with a bit more power: meh. Sport Exhaust: Fister+bypass pipes sound better, and the PSE can be added on at any time if you want to spend more and get less. Sport suspension and adaptive sport seats are optional on the GTS and can be optioned or added to ANY car. There isn't much that makes the GTS special, aside from simply the fact that it IS a GTS. A C2S with X51 and performance options is exactly the same car, minus the widebody. If you don't believe me, talk to someone who has owned both. Now, a C2S X51 with these options will still run you $70k, so it does indicated the GTS or C2S-X51 is a very desirable 911. However, it has NOTHING on a 997.2 GT3. That car is a completely different experience. Even if one were to compare a standard C2S, without S-PASM or other performance options, to a GTS, to a 997.2 GT3, the cars, from a hardcore performance perspective, assuming the C2S is a 1 (least hardcore and involving) and the GT3 is a 10 (most hardcore and involving), then the GTS with all of those performance upgrades is a 2.5. Without them, it is still a 1; simply a widebody C2S with a bit more power. I own a C4S, and it is in no way comparable to a GT3.

The GTS is a great street car, but comparing it to a 997.2 GT3 is just silly. My wife has a GT4, and we recently had the time to rack up a lot of technical miles in a performance build (SPASM, RWS) 991.2 manual. It was spec'd to the max and exactly how a 991.2 GTS would be spec'd. The 991.2 is a GREAT car, and does everything really well. It is very involving, easy to drive, and comfortable. Compared to my wife's GT4 with buckets, it felt like a puddle of mush. The 997.2 GT3 is a lot more hardcore than the GT4: the engine goes to 8500 rpm, the transmission is build from solid granite, and the suspension and steering ensure that you feel everything. Everything one could say about at GT4 vs 991 carrera comparison could be used in a 997.2 vs 997 GT3 comparison, but with even more spread between the 2 cars. The GT3 is too hardcore for many people.

I can't speak for others, but to me, the GTS (if built right) adds a bit more performance and edge to the standard 997.2, which is about what every reviewer said back in 2011. It is a great car. But, if you want the ultimate, go right to a true GT car. If you don't want to pay the collectability premium, get a well-optioned C2S. There is certainly nothing wrong with buying a GTS, but it is a premium based more on rarity and speculation and less on performance. A 997.2 GT3 seems like a bargain at $100k in comparison! It has perhaps the best lines of any car made by Porsche in the past 20 years. I wish I could swing one.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice 08 aero kit S here

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)