Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered 997.2 base Carrera with Techart Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:39 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH, and BTW... Love the white '87 cab. My first p-car was a '90 cab in guards red. What a cool little car...like a go-cart with a NOS bottle...

I will own another 964 one day....a red coupe this time.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:26 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BradS71
OH, and BTW... Love the white '87 cab. My first p-car was a '90 cab in guards red. What a cool little car...like a go-cart with a NOS bottle...

I will own another 964 one day....a red coupe this time.
Thanks. Air conditioning wasn't working when I had it but it was otherwise perfect. You can tell how well it was built. It was a lot of fun at a fun time of my life. I had just graduated law school and shortly after passed the bar exam. After passing the bar exam, I bought the car immediately from who is now my legal partner.

The 964 must have been really nice. Great car. Tons of advances from the prior generation 911. Any pics? how long did you own it for?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Originally Posted by awrryan
Thanks. Air conditioning wasn't working when I had it but it was otherwise perfect. You can tell how well it was built. It was a lot of fun at a fun time of my life. I had just graduated law school and shortly after passed the bar exam. After passing the bar exam, I bought the car immediately from who is now my legal partner.

The 964 must have been really nice. Great car. Tons of advances from the prior generation 911. Any pics? how long did you own it for?
I had it from 2003-2005. And yeah, many changes from the previous model that year. I think I remember reading something like 80+% new parts vs. the previous generation. Yet it was still a 911 through and through. My wife always complained that you could smell gas inside the car, and I was like "yeah...I know" (said lovingly...)! My 997.2 is SO much more car in every way, but that 964 was absolutely the funnest car I've ever owned.

I've been digging around on old hard drives and I can't believe it, but I cannot find a pic. Of course that was back before every mobile phone was an HD camera with Dropbox sync, but still I know I took a few pics. When I was deciding if I wanted to replace the original wheels with Turbo twists (which I did end up doing), I photo-shopped the twists on there so I could see them. So I know there are a couple pics somewhere. I'll keep looking.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 AM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm getting closer to making a decision of going down this path. I can't recall where I read it, though I believe I will need to purchase something else in addition the springs. Will someone confirm?

I'd also like to get a ballpark of how much to budget for the whole project with using the Techarts. I know the springs themselves run around $695.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:46 AM
BradS71
Advanced

You can always go farther with your suspension upgrade, of course, but I don't think anything other than the springs and labor are necessarily required. I didn't purchase anything beyond the springs.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:09 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

You can always go farther with your suspension upgrade, of course, but I don't think anything other than the springs and labor are necessarily required. I didn't purchase anything beyond the springs.
I think spacers need to go along with dropping the car. The drop tucks the wheels further into the well and spacers pull it all together nice and tight. 7mm up front and 15mm for the rears for stock wheels seems to be the formula.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:58 AM
BradS71
Advanced

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I think spacers need to go along with dropping the car. The drop tucks the wheels further into the well and spacers pull it all together nice and tight. 7mm up front and 15mm for the rears for stock wheels seems to be the formula.
Well, yeah, definitely an aesthetic improvement. I did the 7/15 spacers myself, like most on this thread. My point was no other parts are technically required when you put on lowering springs, which is what I thought was being asked.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by gopirates
I'm getting closer to making a decision of going down this path. I can't recall where I read it, though I believe I will need to purchase something else in addition the springs. Will someone confirm? I'd also like to get a ballpark of how much to budget for the whole project with using the Techarts. I know the springs themselves run around $695.
Depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle, there are a few parts i would suggest changing, like the shock mounts. Also many of the nuts and bolts are meant to be replaced any time the assembly is removed. I replaced/upgraded the shocks at the same time also, because when you factor the labor, alignment etc it can be worthwhile to combine these projects into one. :

I put a complete parts list on the first post here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...r-install.html
Old 09-28-2016, 09:42 AM
FelixW
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love these wheels as well, these came from an '09 widebody car, no spacers at the moment but need in the front.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default just found this, what size tires

are you running, and does that effectively make your rear ET 45...?
Thanks! The 18's were tough for me to swallow too. At first, I thought all I needed was to buy 19's...then I came on here and got educated. I'm SO glad I did this and didn't just throw all my $$$ into a set of 19's that wouldn't have solved the bigger issue of the car's stance. I think I'm actually OK with these wheels now...or is that for now?...

The wheels are 8x18, ET57 and 10.5x18, ET60, then the spacers are 7 front and 15 rear. Looking at it, I could've easily gone 10-12 on the front. They are REALLY tucked in there in the base config. My mechanic told me keeping the car "square" is a good idea too...so I don't know, maybe I'll put a little bigger ones on front to see how it feels.

Happy for now though. ...gotta focus on saving up for the Fisters!
Old 01-04-2017, 08:41 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Originally Posted by kkswow12
are you running, and does that effectively make your rear ET 45...?
Hey, sorry, just saw this. My tires are 235/40ZR18 in front and 265/40ZR18 in rear. And yes, with the spacers my rear offset is 45mm.

Quick Reply: Lowered 997.2 base Carrera with Techart Lowering Springs