Sponsored by:

Lowered 997.2 base Carrera with Techart Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:04 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
FWIW....I'm on my third 997 now, all three lowered with H&R which is another .25" lower than Techart/Eibach. Feels much more planted to to the road but I swear I can't tell the difference in ride quality compared to stock.
Your car looks great. I read some of your posts when I was researching what springs to buy. Are the H&Rs installed in the pic in your avatar?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:27 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by awrryan
Your car looks great. I read some of your posts when I was researching what springs to buy. Are the H&Rs installed in the pic in your avatar?
Actually, that picture was taken by the previous owner who had Eibach springs installed. The additional .25" H&R drop is subtle but noticeable to my eyes. It completely closes the wheel gap with no rubbing at all and again....no adverse affect on the ride. Subjective topic so there's no right or wrong here except any downward move away from the elevated stock stance is an improvement imo.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:04 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 205 Likes on 95 Posts

Actually, that picture was taken by the previous owner who had Eibach springs installed. The additional .25" H&R drop is subtle but noticeable to my eyes. It completely closes the wheel gap with no rubbing at all and again....no adverse affect on the ride. Subjective topic so there's no right or wrong here except any downward move away from the elevated stock stance is an improvement imo.
Do you have any pics of your car with the H&R's? It would be great to see the difference with the OP's Tech Arts.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 PM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lowered with H&Rs.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:45 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GBG
Lowered with H&Rs.
Do you scrape much? I know the roads here in South Florida are great compared to other areas, but I still scrape the small rubber piece ahead of the front wheels going in and out of driveways and certain curbs. Your car looks great. Glad you're enjoying it as a daily driver.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:48 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GBG
Lowered with H&Rs.
Car looks great! Thanks for posting.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 PM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Awrryan and Atsr. I never bottom out but soften scrape front when going in and out of driveways. But the aggressive look and improved cornering that comes with the lowered stance is worth the occasional scrape...
Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSR
Do you have any pics of your car with the H&R's? It would be great to see the difference with the OP's Tech Arts.
Here. It's really not a good side by side comparison with the OP's car since that's a base car without PASM and sits taller than mine and other S cars to begin with.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:52 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Here. It's really not a good side by side comparison with the OP's car since that's a base car without PASM and sits taller than mine and other S cars to begin with.
Damn. That thing looks amazing!
Old 08-05-2015, 11:56 AM
BradS71
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP- I think your car looks beautiful. I have been looking for pictures to make sure that the Techarts are the way I want to go, and looking at your car just screams "do it!". One question.. Your wheels are 19"?

ATSR- Congrats on your car. I just got mine on the 13th (2009 C2 meteor grey). It's funny, my little upgrade list is basically exactly the same as yours! ;-)
Old 08-05-2015, 07:09 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BradS71
OP- I think your car looks beautiful. I have been looking for pictures to make sure that the Techarts are the way I want to go, and looking at your car just screams "do it!". One question.. Your wheels are 19"?

ATSR- Congrats on your car. I just got mine on the 13th (2009 C2 meteor grey). It's funny, my little upgrade list is basically exactly the same as yours! ;-)
Thanks! I love the way it looks and feel. Yes. My wheels are OEM 19" Carrera Sport Wheels. They are half an inch wider up front and in the rear, but the offsets are the same as the other OEM 19" wheel options which mean they stick out half an inch more. Between those wheels and the OEM 5mm spacers, it's perfect for me. The 5mm spacers push the wheels out just slightly more and, while most may agree it's a minor difference, I notice the difference. The wheels look way less "tucked-in" which is common after lowering from what I'm told. I see your car is meteor gray. Post a pic!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:44 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Cool. I figured they were 19. LOVE your wheels, and the look with the spacers. I've been considering springing for a set of 19" Sport Designs. I really like the look of those. But then I heard people say to not put 19's on a C2 without PASM because it will ride too rough. So, I thought lowering springs might be better way to go to get rid of the dreaded fender gap.

But today I was at local Porsche dealer and had a chance to chat with chief mechanic for a bit, and he advised the opposite. He said go with the 19's and avoid lowering springs.He said they all set the C2 too low and he seemed adamant about it. Of course, the springs certainly don't appear to be a problem on your car (or several others on here), so I think he is being overly conservative.

Anyway..decisions, decisions. The good part is that with these wonderful cars, all the answers are pretty good...

Here's my new baby...

Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Cool. I figured they were 19. LOVE your wheels, and the look with the spacers. I've been considering springing for a set of 19" Sport Designs. I really like the look of those. But then I heard people say to not put 19's on a C2 without PASM because it will ride too rough. So, I thought lowering springs might be better way to go to get rid of the dreaded fender gap.

But today I was at local Porsche dealer and had a chance to chat with chief mechanic for a bit, and he advised the opposite. He said go with the 19's and avoid lowering springs.He said they all set the C2 too low and he seemed adamant about it. Of course, the springs certainly don't appear to be a problem on your car (or several others on here), so I think he is being overly conservative.

Anyway..decisions, decisions. The good part is that with these wonderful cars, all the answers are pretty good...

Here's my new baby...

Great looking car. Love the color. If you add 19" wheels, it will make the suspension look even more lifted. I do think my car is low, but not as low as H&R springs if clearance is an issue for you and I haven't found the impact from bumps on the road any harder on the shocks with the oem springs. I think that says something. I'm really happy with it and I LOVE the look. Your car would look amazing (not that it doesn't now)
Old 08-06-2015, 10:41 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Thanks and congrats on your car too!

I hope you are as happy as I am with your 911. I can't wait to get the TechArts and the Fister mufflers but sadly I'm going to have to wait until my finances recover from buying my car
Old 08-08-2015, 02:02 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Thanks guys. And yes, I am over the moon with the car. I can't understand why anyone would aspire to drive anything else!

I hear you on having to wait a little bit. My wife also helped "remind" me that I just bought the car so maybe not the best time to go drop another $4k!

Quick Reply: Lowered 997.2 base Carrera with Techart Lowering Springs