My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
And sorry for my infrequent visits, it just gets me a bit down, I try to forget it. I'm not a wealthy guy in the grand scheme of things, saved up a long time for the Ferrari and now my dreams of exotic car ownership are down the toilet. I paid over $100k for the Porsche and it's worth about $50k. Thanks for the positive thoughts and kind words.
You know, the whole deal sucks and I feel for you. However, you do now have a 997 GTS, which is an awesome machine. It's not as perfect as you wanted it to be, but it's a depreciating asset anyhow. So enjoy it. Drive the snot out of it. If you feel it's only worth $50k then put some miles on that thing commensurate with the price. Get a paint job or put on a wrap in some outrageous color. Don't let the interaction with BHP ruin what could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 AM
bzliteyear
Racer

this article says it all...send it to BHP owner.
Patrick
03 C4S
http://visual.ly/customer-saved-penny-earned
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stefang
You know, the whole deal sucks and I feel for you. However, you do now have a 997 GTS, which is an awesome machine. It's not as perfect as you wanted it to be, but it's a depreciating asset anyhow. So enjoy it. Drive the snot out of it right through their front door! .
I agree 100%. I did have a change it slightly though.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I said it earlier in the thread: those in business to retain customers know that customers are happier when they report a problem and you solve it in a first-class manner, than if they never had a problem to begin with.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:19 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraX
I agree 100%. I did have a change it slightly though.
That'll leave a mark.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Absolutely echo the sentiments re: The Rennlist Community. You guys and gals have been amazing

Interesting BHP called this morning and offered $5k. It's not much but they know they've won so they probably didn't even need to do that. It will pay for the wrap (satin gray) and the wheels (satin black). Won't fix the roof or the long term paint issues but that's life. I'm tempted to accept just to be done with it and get on with the driving.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If anything its an admission of at least some guilt.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

They've never denied the damage. Just the accountability.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
bzliteyear
Racer

i think you're finally winning - they know they owe you, and it's just a matter of how much.

importantly, it doesn't make sense to take the first # they give you.
if nothing else, you should provide a counter - and i suggest a peculiarly odd #, (ie. $9,715) and tell them you will not budge.

p.s. you've heard the old joke about winston churchill - this applies to BHP as they're ready to pay, and it's just a matter of how much.
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3000...r-five-million

Patrick
03 C4S
Old 08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I would still drive it though the front door Honestly, not sure what I would do. A bird in the hand yada yada but $5k doesn't come close to making it right. I do understand that you are tired of dealing with it though. Its real easy to sit here and say I would keep fighting..........If you can get past it then just take the $5k. I couldn't ever look at the car in a good way and I would just have to sell it and get something different. Maybe a 458
Old 08-29-2013, 03:38 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bzliteyear

p.s. you've heard the old joke about winston churchill - this applies to BHP as they're ready to pay, and it's just a matter of how much.
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3000...r-five-million

Patrick
03 C4S
+1. Also here is the joke to save a click:
Winston Churchill

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?" Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”
Old 08-29-2013, 03:57 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Absolutely echo the sentiments re: The Rennlist Community. You guys and gals have been amazing

Interesting BHP called this morning and offered $5k. It's not much but they know they've won so they probably didn't even need to do that. It will pay for the wrap (satin gray) and the wheels (satin black). Won't fix the roof or the long term paint issues but that's life. I'm tempted to accept just to be done with it and get on with the driving.
Take the car to a couple other P-car dealers in the area and get them to offer you a trade-in amount.

Average them and subtract that number from what you paid. That's what my counter would be.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Lozzy! $5K is better than no $K. However, BHP and PCNA are still on my **** list for the pain and suffering they caused you, along with all the fraudulent sale gimmicks and lies!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:33 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

BHP is certainly monitoring this thread, might not want to openly discuss what you're thinking and what you might accept.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

I think this thread is probably the reason they made the offer

They admitted it doesn't cover the damage or diminished value. The actual loss is closer to $30k.

Quick Reply: My poor car