Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Not saying you shouldn't discuss and expose the details of the dispute, keep on keepin'on.

Just don't discuss what it is you might consider as retribution. You're showing your hand prematurely.

Good luck.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

My concern is that BHP is following this thread, and I'm not sure that is helpful to the OP, especially when he admits to being worn down and wanting to get it over with and move on. And I don't think they care whether or not the rest of us might avoid any business dealings with them in future.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
They admitted it doesn't cover the damage or diminished value. The actual loss is closer to $30k.
I am curious about the correspondence or conversation in which this admission came up. Who admitted what and in what context?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Conversation. They agreed when I said the wrap is temporary and it still needs the roof fixing and a respray.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rolex11
BHP is certainly monitoring this thread, might not want to openly discuss what you're thinking and what you might accept.
Let BHP monitor this:

I am on my 3rd Porsche and will be in the market at some point for 991. Despite living in Nevada, I had my last two 911's delivered from dealers in CA.
I would rather pay more $$ to another dealer than to support this outfit. I'm sure they will survive without me, but I cannot support BHP after this fiasco.

5k is not enough.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:57 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

The days of BHP settling with any last ounce of customer courtesy and dignity are LONG PAST. Sorry, but they get no brownie points for falling on the sword now with a token gesture as nothing more than hush money to make the problem go away. The only reason they are doing a token anything is they are seeing the law of unintended consequences bite them. Its nothing more than self-serving. They are doing it for themselves far more than to make you happy. Their window to handle this situation properly came and went about 6 weeks ago, in private, with you, in a personal and professional and sincere and profound manner. Things are now out of control because they let it get out of control.

If Im in your shoes, and Im not, I tell them they can take that $5,000 and sit and spin. Id be even MORE insulted right now. The time to swallow their pride and buy you off was long ago.

Now its about them taking personal responsibility for their conduct and making a personal apology to you as much as it is compensating you for your damages. Without them admitting to a complete failure of their dealership to handle this transaction thoroughly, to honor the integrity of the Porsche CPO platform standards, and to reach out to you in a timely manner once the problem did arise and say "what can we do to fix this situation and make you a BHP customer or life?", they cannot sweep this under the rug with a couple bills and pretend like this never happened.

The financial damages to you is one thing. The unprofessional, mis-represented, poor business etiquette, and lack of common courtesy is far greater. Until they own this entire mess to you and admit a complete breakdown in the high standards befitting a Porsche dealership, there's nothing to settle right now.

BHP doesnt owe ANY OF US an explanation or an apology with the exception of Lozzy. But he sure as hell deserves one, and not just a token one, but a sincere one from the dealer principal face to face.

Any financial settlement must come AFTER this first step. Until you hear the words "we screwed up", there is no such thing as settling.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:16 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

I think this thread is probably the reason they made the offer

They admitted it doesn't cover the damage or diminished value.
The actual loss is closer to $30k.
In other words, they now admit they screwed you and lied to you but still aren't willing to make you whole. Given the way this sad story has played itself out it seems like you're dealing with a special breed of idiots here unfortunately.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 202 Posts

Can you sell it and sue for the difference?

Can't your local dealer help you out in anyway with a PCNA CPO executive?

Hell $5k won't even pay for the wrap will it?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 AM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

UDPride....tell us how you really feel.....
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lotta passion here. Amazing bunch of guys. $5k covers the wrap, that's about it. Underneath the paint is still bad and the roof is still damaged.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:51 AM
thepenguin99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No telling how much they made on the lemon they sold you but they made what, 10k on your trade? An offering of 5k seems insane.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:16 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Lotta passion here. Amazing bunch of guys. $5k covers the wrap, that's about it. Underneath the paint is still bad and the roof is still damaged.
Wonder why the paltry $5K offer at this late juncture with so much damage already done. Maybe someone finally recognized that the relentless pounding of the dealership here and elsewhere is causing more than a fast healing bruise on BHP and to some extent on the brand.

And given the timing and the amount offered, it's probably more proof that - still - nobody with real authority and/or intellectual capacity is aware of the PR meltdown that's unfolding.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I don't think they care whether or not the rest of us might avoid any business dealings with them in future.
This is the 6th most popular thread of all time in the rennlist 997 forum with almost 58,000 views, and climbing.

Beverly Hills Porsche?? Never, ever.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:56 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

This thread makes me ill. It's just unfathomable.

Lozzy997, best of luck with it.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Originally Posted by BevHillsPorsche
Dear Rennlist,

My name is Ryan Perrella and I’m a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador at Beverly Hills Porsche, a longtime Rennlist member and THE go to guy for all new and pre-owned Porsche cars. Earlier this month Beverly Hills Porsche became a Rennlist site sponsor and I will be the main presence here in the online forums. I know that dealers are typically considered persona non grata but I want those of you reading to know that while I will be showing off a selection of our Porsche cars currently for sale, I would like you to think of me as your connection to the dealer side of Porsche. At Beverly Hills Porsche we have a number of unique resources and in the coming months I hope to show you more about me, our store and all the things that we have to offer.

In 2011 Beverly Hills Porsche became the number 1 volume Porsche Centre in the United States and we’re working hard to retain that title again for 2012. While the primary reason for our sponsorship is to sell cars, I’m looking forward to doing more than just that. If you get a chance to meet me at the dealership or an event or to speak to me over the phone I think you’ll quickly realize that I’m a bit different from people you might have encountered in the past when trying to buy a car. Porsche is many things to me, it’s not simply a car, a thing to sell, or the place where I work… for me Porsche is a way of life and I hope to share my passion for the brand with you.

Earlier this year I started experimenting with high definition videos to show off some of our more unique cars here at Beverly Hills Porsche on my youtube channel. Moving forward I’ll continue to show new cars as they arrive and give you personal introductions to all the new Porsche models as they become available. I’m also planning a series of videos showcasing some of the unique technologies that are built into these cars that we love and by doing so try to answer some of the more frequently asked questions that I receive about the cars and how they work. If you have a question about a car this is where I can help. If you want to see something, I’ll be here to show it to you.

I look forward to participating in the forums and contributing whenever I can to the community.

Sincerely,
Currently online yet hasn't posted since October of last year, hmmm.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...s-porsche.html

Quick Reply: My poor car