Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:56 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't recall if the OP asked for opinions or not. But I'll throw mine in, knowing I'm going to get a lot of heat for it.

Take the $5K. It's a gift. I've subscribed to this thread since page 2 yet I missed the whole part about the wrap and never saw the pics of any roof damage, but if the paint bothers you, then get it repainted. Life is short, either fix the car to your satisfaction or sell it and move on.

$30K diminished value? I doubt that. Once it's been repainted, the next owner will never know. Take plenty of pictures so that they can see that the repaint was due to cosmetic damage, not an accident.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:28 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993

$30K diminished value? I doubt that. Once it's been repainted, the next owner will never know.
Best of luck to you.
eh? Of course the next buyer will know. Everyone reaches for a paint meter and it will tell the story instantly and then down goes the price.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the OP ever get an estimate of how much it would cost to make the car right?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Before you accept the $5,000, I strongly encourage you to countered with a higher amount. Cost of repaint, new top, refinish wheels. Maybe that would cost about $20,000. Maybe it is $15,000? And then find an amount that is somewhere in between.

There is movement in the process which I believe is positive. Now you need to negotiate.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

There's so much we don't know here. Maybe PCNA is putting pressure on BHP to make this go away (and I doubt they are offering $5K because they feel bad). Thing is, as soon as you accept a dime you lose 99 percent of your standing (and the problem goes away).

This entire thread is like watching someone elses' bad dream (and that is just an observation and not meant to be pejorative).
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't recall if the OP asked for opinions or not. But I'll throw mine in, knowing I'm going to get a lot of heat for it.

Take the $5K. It's a gift. I've subscribed to this thread since page 2 yet I missed the whole part about the wrap and never saw the pics of any roof damage, but if the paint bothers you, then get it repainted. Life is short, either fix the car to your satisfaction or sell it and move on.

$30K diminished value? I doubt that. Once it's been repainted, the next owner will never know. Take plenty of pictures so that they can see that the repaint was due to cosmetic damage, not an accident.

Best of luck to you.
+1

We can all get on here and huff and puff about how someone else should "fight the good fight", but its not us who would actually have to do it. Perhaps Lozzy could get a slightly higher settlement with a counter offer, but life is short and some fights are just not worth the effort. This has been a painful lesson for Lozzy, as it would be for any of us in his shoes. My advice is to accept the money, move on, and enjoy your car. Putting a lot of miles on it isn't going to further finish its value.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 AM
beden1
Pro

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
+1

We can all get on here and huff and puff about how someone else should "fight the good fight", but its not us who would actually have to do it. Perhaps Lozzy could get a slightly higher settlement with a counter offer, but life is short and some fights are just not worth the effort. This has been a painful lesson for Lozzy, as it would be for any of us in his shoes. My advice is to accept the money, move on, and enjoy your car. Putting a lot of miles on it isn't going to further finish its value.
But, if the repairs cost $20,000, for example, an offer of $5,000 is an inadequate show of good faith on the dealer's part, IMO.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Best of luck to you.
I think I used the term diminished value, I just meant cost to remediate. Factory respray, wheels refinished and professional roof repair - $30k.

I suspect PCNA is applying pressure, plus I filed with various consumer protection agencies, plus I have another lawyer waiting in the wings. I'm not trying to make money here, I just want what I paid for and what I was told - a near perfect, low miles GTS.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That's the spirit Lozzy!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Thanks Mark.

Oh, the wrapped car will be ready this afternoon but I"m not collecting until next week. The Bay Bridge is closed this weekend and traffic around SF is going to be miserable. Will post pics soon.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't realize you were wrapping it yet? Should look good. Are you painting things that wont wrap properly?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

The guys that are doing it are pretty talented. Here's something they did earlier..
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For example: Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

I wouldn't post if I were Ryan, either. He has no authority to speak for the dealership, no authority to make Lozzy whole and the only thing that would happen is a big Ryan-bashing-session.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Default Porsche Cars North America and Beverly Hills Porsche Please Read This:

Porsche Cars North America and Beverly Hills Porsche Please Read This:

We are the community that's making you both rich, our members are lifelong multiple Porsche owners and ultimately our campaign to help Lozzy will prevail.

Your goal was to unload and sell a less than perfect, "flawed", CPO Porsche GTS to an unsuspecting out of town buyer with lies and deceit , well you succeeded and now it's time for you to pay. Lozzy doesn't deserve this treatment, so do the right thing and make it right for him with proper compensation to repair his Porsche, or continue to lose creditability and customer base which will ultimately affect your bottom line; your future success is in your hands, "Spend money to make money".

We here at Rennlist stand united for the cause.

Quick Reply: My poor car