Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 04:30 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Buying a used car is inherently risky.

Looking at the car in person, getting a PPI and buying a CPO car are all risk mitigation strategies, but as we've seen not foolproof. None of them really assures the buyer that he's buying a pristine product.

I bought a 3 year old C4S with 10K miles on it for $60K less than a new C4S. I'm willing to accept some risk. (The car I bought had an exhaust tip that was crooked that took 2 minutes and one bolt to straighten out. How much time can I really believe my dealer put into prepping that car for sale...)

That said, the driving experience sells the car for me. The dealerships staffed with Fast Eddie style used car guys and PCNA who spent the better half of the 2000s building engines with IMS flaws are necessary evils.

I liken it to having a crazy girlfriend. While the overall experience of having it in my life is flawed, driving it is tons of fun.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
Buying a used car is inherently risky...I liken it to having a crazy girlfriend. While the overall experience of having it in my life is flawed, driving it is tons of fun.
OK, I think that this thread has run its course...
Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
OK, I think that this thread has run its course...
BWAAHAHAHAHA! Coming from the gentleman who's had his "GTS For Sale" thread going for quite some time as well!!!

Okay FB. . . , before you get all pissy, I apologize, it was just too easy a set up. Seriously, I do wish you good luck in selling the GTS. It's like all those people who say they love your Speed Yellow car - but would never own one. Go figure?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And BHP wins...
Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

On some level, BHP loses, too ... when I was shopping nationally for my new car a few weeks ago they had one that had the right color and equipment and the price was in range. After I read this thread, they lost a potential sale from me.

If you Google them, this comes up at the top of the second page of listing. Hopefully it will move higher. Caveat emptor.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Be...e-review-1721/
Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

If BHP won I also will not be making any future purchases with them. I have had similar experiences with other dealers in the past and they also lost my business. In one instance the dealer eventually lost its franchise (Mercedes) which was especially satisfying to see. I know this won't be the case with BHP due to the excessive wealth and likely lack of attention to detail by most of their patrons.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
On some level, BHP loses, too ... when I was shopping nationally for my new car a few weeks ago they had one that had the right color and equipment and the price was in range. After I read this thread, they lost a potential sale from me.

If you Google them, this comes up at the top of the second page of listing. Hopefully it will move higher. Caveat emptor.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Be...e-review-1721/
I think this would move up on the search listing if the OP changed the title of the thread to something that included Beverly Hills Porsche.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

To many of us BHP will always be a bunch of losers... not to be trusted and certainly not a dealer to do business with...
Old 08-24-2013, 07:27 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

I believe that PCA also doesn't understand that when one dealer practices business in this manner, all dealers pay.

For instance, I've been searching ~14 months for a 997.2 4S. When I first began the search I decided (incorrectly it turns out, but I digress) to only buy a CPO car from a dealer (located anywhere in the US).

I was very close on a number occasions to jumping on the right car (yup, I was a bit particular...aren't we all!) but I either passed or got beat to the deal.

Once I read Lozzy's post my antennae went up regarding purchasing a CPO vehicle at a dealer. I also began to better understand exactly what CPO would afford me if I had to use the warranty.

I re-evaluated my search strategy to include also focusing on private seller sales (again mostly only cars with CPO).

Because of Beverly Hills Porsche's (and PNA by complicity) seeming lack of good will or good business practices with Lozzy, they jeopardized me as a customer of one of their pre-owned vehicles.

That jeopardy has evolved into a loss for them because I lucked out and I have snagged an example of the car for which I was searching (pics will be posted where appropriate!) BUT it is from a private seller!

Because of Beverly Hills Porsche's poor business practice, as soon as I drive the 997 back to CA you can be sure that I'll be paying a visit to the local Porsche dealership to have a discussion with the service manager about CPO and how they will handle varying service scenarios if any issues should arise.

While I would not have facilitated the deal as Lozzy did, CPO asked him to take a leap of faith and he did. Yup, that is a risky strategy however what is a company's ability to extend good-will if they don't step up when a customer takes a leap of faith (and looses) in their brand??? Jeez, we're not talking about a piece of clothing here! (Although many other consumer brands...for instance, Patagonia, Osprey and Cannondale sure seem to step up when it is best for their consumers (which in the long run, is also better for their bottom line).

If this is how Porsche North America and their dealerships run their sales operations, they will (and are) suffering the consequences: I'm proof of it.

Lozzy, I suspect that I would too want to move forward just about now but if you are continuing the battle, you should better enlist your fellow P-car pilots: perhaps we should take up a collection for you to make things right because your experience has saved/will save some of us some future heartache and expense...I'm in if we can pull it together...

Perhaps someone at PNA is listening (or was that the CFO that just bolted???) and will fully understand that this is thread is not what the Porsche brand has stood for in the past and this behavior is harming a company that is (was???) better than it's current actions.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Wink

Originally Posted by david
If this is how Porsche North America and their dealerships run their sales operations, they will (and are) suffering the consequences: I'm proof of it.

Lozzy, I suspect that I would too want to move forward just about now but if you are continuing the battle, you should better enlist your fellow P-car pilots: perhaps we should take up a collection for you to make things right because your experience has saved/will save some of us some future heartache and expense...I'm in if we can pull it together...

Perhaps someone at PNA is listening (or was that the CFO that just bolted???) and will fully understand that this is thread is not what the Porsche brand has stood for in the past and this behavior is harming a company that is (was???) better than it's current actions.
I received the last insult today I will "turn the other cheek" on from the Atlanta Porsche dealer that sold me my second lemon Porsche (my first Porsche disaster was briefly mentioned earlier in this thread). I won' go in to details on Lozzy's thread, but like David above I'm done with PCNA and their dealers. If they don't appreciate their customers, I'll support another brand or seek out private sellers with no eye to any warranty support.

After the dealers latest pile of poop at my feet today, I went to see some Italians and oh were they FINE!!!!!!! Then still wanting something to get rough and tumble with on the track, I went to Lotus and tried their wares, I haven't had a smile on my face that BIG in a looonnnnngggggg time. .

That is the end point of all this right, a smile? These toys are supposed to make us smile. Porsche seems to require some type of masochistic fetish of its owners lately and I'm just not into that crap. Treat me well or you can keep your damn cars Porsche. I still think the Porsche community is incredible and I'll be bringing my new track toy to play at PCA events. I wanted that to be a Porsche but that ain't gonna happen.

WRITE IN CAMPAIGN FOR LOZZY

If Lozzy is willing, I will draft a letter to BHP and to PCNA to be from Lozzy's fellow Porsche enthusiasts/ supporters requesting his car to be repurchased by BHP at the price he paid. It will also state the undersigned will not purchase a car from BHP until the situation is made right. It will be downloadable so that anyone who wants to support him can print it, sign it and send copies to BHP and PCNA (and maybe a select media outlet).

I think some type of action at the dealership itself by Lozzy and his supporters is the key to getting him straightened out, but short of that a write in campaign may help get him heard. They know people are more serious if they take the time to actually mail something. If I get a decent number of +1 responses and an ok from Lozzy, I'll move forward.

Originally Posted by Cuda911
PV=nRT:
You will LOVE this discussion of how PV=nRT relates to a cold air intake for your 911 !!

[a slight digression of the thread topic, from one science geek to another]

(And, no, that ain't me in the video! )

Cold Air Intake - Explained - YouTube
Thanks for posting the link, it is always fun to see people getting everyday use out of p chem! There is so much in a car that works because of that simple formula. I bet a lot more kids would find science exciting if they knew how it can be applied to their favorite stuff like the kid in the video.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by PV=nRT
I received the last insult today I will "turn the other cheek" on from the Atlanta Porsche dealer that sold me my second lemon Porsche (my first Porsche disaster was briefly mentioned earlier in this thread). I won' go in to details on Lozzy's thread, but like David above I'm done with PCNA and their dealers. If they don't appreciate their customers, I'll support another brand or seek out private sellers with no eye to any warranty support.

After the dealers latest pile of poop at my feet today, I went to see some Italians and oh were they FINE!!!!!!! Then still wanting something to get rough and tumble with on the track, I went to Lotus and tried their wares, I haven't had a smile on my face that BIG in a looonnnnngggggg time. .

That is the end point of all this right, a smile? These toys are supposed to make us smile. Porsche seems to require some type of masochistic fetish of its owners lately and I'm just not into that crap. Treat me well or you can keep your damn cars Porsche. I still think the Porsche community is incredible and I'll be bringing my new track toy to play at PCA events. I wanted that to be a Porsche but that ain't gonna happen.

WRITE IN CAMPAIGN FOR LOZZY

If Lozzy is willing, I will draft a letter to BHP and to PCNA to be from Lozzy's fellow Porsche enthusiasts/ supporters requesting his car to be repurchased by BHP at the price he paid. It will also state the undersigned will not purchase a car from BHP until the situation is made right. It will be downloadable so that anyone who wants to support him can print it, sign it and send copies to BHP and PCNA (and maybe a select media outlet).

I think some type of action at the dealership itself by Lozzy and his supporters is the key to getting him straightened out, but short of that a write in campaign may help get him heard. They know people are more serious if they take the time to actually mail something. If I get a decent number of +1 responses and an ok from Lozzy, I'll move forward.

Thanks for posting the link, it is always fun to see people getting everyday use out of p chem! There is so much in a car that works because of that simple formula. I bet a lot more kids would find science exciting if they knew how it can be applied to their favorite stuff like the kid in the video.
Count me in.

I am wondering why some of our Rennlisters who are local to Beverly Hills Porsche, and those who might actually use the facility, stop by and talk to the management and say that we would like them to step up and do the right thing.

Last edited by mjsporsche; 08-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

+1... I'll bring the pitch folks.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:34 AM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 - I'm in. If PCNA won't help Lozzy, I will.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

+1 - I'm in too!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here!

Quick Reply: My poor car