Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

I am currently looking to buy a performance sedan and Lexus IsF is on top of my list.

I would love to pursue a CPO Panamera/TT but I just can't deal with friggen PCNA ****.

I have personally dealt with PCNA as well and their attitude towards their dealers is simply unacceptable.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:51 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I am currently looking to buy a performance sedan and Lexus IsF is on top of my list.

I would love to pursue a CPO Panamera/TT but I just can't deal with friggen PCNA ****.

I have personally dealt with PCNA as well and their attitude towards their dealers is simply unacceptable.
Never understood why but they really go out of their way to treat their customers like garbage. Like the rennlist member who's been loyal to the brand for ages who received a nasty letter from PCNA's lawyers. His offense? Displaying - not selling - Porsche memorabilia like old owner's manuals and such on his personal website.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM
boondocksaint
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 to the OP from a new user. I know how forums tend to Chicken Little when something goes amiss, but I've done some digging outside of this thread – and read every post – and I'm shocked. For a prestige dealer to do this is fraudulent. There is no better word.

I don't own a P-car yet, but hope to at some point. I am shopping, and my search is nationwide. Now, it's nationwide sans a little strip of land near Hollywood. I wouldn't pay them a penny for a cup of water at this point and I hope no one else does either. It's happening to you, and any one of us could be next.

buying a car, especially a CPO car, shouldn't be a crap shoot. That's what the CPO is supposed to take care of. We SHOULD start a thread like a petition.

"I hereby refuse to buy, recommend or otherwise consider buying any car from Porsche Beverly Hills until this man is made whole and a formal, public apology is issued for his mistreatment."

I'd sign it in a heartbeat.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM
07C4S
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Thanks for the support everyone. I must say I was a little bothered by the glowing review and it seems there is a bit of an agenda going on somewhere. I know Fagin has tried to portray me as the villain on a couple of occasions saying my trade-in was junk (I'm now friends with the buyer of my old car who absolutely loves it so that claim falls pretty flat) and I'm too "discriminating".

However it shows that this thread and others like it are attracting some attention and perhaps it did lead to them treating PP better than they might have normally.

Doesn't change my situation and the comments here which definitely encourage me to keep pursuing a fair outcome.
If the bold portion is documented, written, or witnessed add a libel and/or slander lawsuit to the mix. This might be enough hassle for them to settle and end the mess.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Phone conversations. When I pointed out the flaws in the Porsche Fagin replied "well your car is in a lot worse condition than you told us" (I'd missed some peeling paint on an out of sight spot on the door jambs - common with F430's and about an hour to fix).

As an aside, two of the non-cosmetic, potentially expensive mechanical issues, that I POINTED OUT TO HIM, turned out to be a lot more minor than expected. They flipped the car for a $10k profit in about 5 days.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
McCrazy
Instructor

I have read through every word in this thread and I deeply sympathize with Lozzy for all the hassle and stress he is going through. Stay strong with it though brother. Don't tuck your tail and run while the dealership screws you over. The paint on the back bumper and the stain make it obvious they did a horrible job covering damage that they knew about and then lied to you about it's existence.

I know it will eat up a lot of time and stress but I think you are in the right and will be compensated at some point and things made right. If you give up you lose everything you knew you were entitled to from the beginning,.

A couple weeks ago I bought a CPO car from Nashville Porsche and while the car wasn't perfect, it was in exceptional shape and I am extremely happy with it and the treatment by the dealer post sale. I did not do a PPI but I will plan to have one done before my CPO warranty runs out.

Good luck and keep up the good fight.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:37 AM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Lozzy - again I want to encourage you. Please do not let BHP play you for a chump. Do not this thing go.
If you sold the car they sent to you, today, at a 'fair' price, you're out what, $10k?
You're sitting on a de-facto loss. They've got $10k of your money.
If your lawyer hassles them like a bad infection, and keeps 1/3rd....well you're getting 2/3rds of something.
Even if it's $1. You get 66 cents more than you've got today.
I'd offer the lawyer a bonus, double his 1/3rd, if he can show that he caused them the absolute maximum hassle. File every complaint possible with every Better Business Bureau, every quasi-city agency, every consumer bureau, TV station, newspaper whatever.
Depose their people during the busiest showroom hours.
Heck, what does it cost to have somebody handing out flyers on the weekend? $15/hr. WTH. Get creative.
They've got your money. If you force them to spend ALL of it (and hopefully a lot more) fending you off....well you're no worse off, right?

To PorschgeoisPig, who had a 'good experience' with BHP and with Glenn Fagin:
If your deal went as you claim, good for you.
Plain and simple - you dodged a bullet my friend.
BHP Russian roulette and you got lucky. Just me - that's a model I'd not choose to repeat.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:30 PM
McCrazy
Instructor

I think the only difference between Lozzy's experience and Porschgeois Pig's was the condition of the vehicle they purchased. They both thought they were getting a Porsche in good shape. In Lozzy's situation they lied and knew they would get away with it until after the contracts were signed as Lozzy was shopping from a distance. This netted him a car in poor condition that the dealer surely knew about.

In P Pig's case they had an actual nice car that they didn't have to lie about and were able to sell agreeable to their terms. I would also bet the amount of flack they are currently receiving about screwing over Lozzy also encouraged them to not screw someone over in the exact same fashion almost back to back.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

I overpaid for the car based on Fagin's claim of perfect condition and the low (7k) miles. I think I'm out $20-30k with the paint, roof, wheels etc.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
I overpaid for the car based on Fagin's claim of perfect condition and the low (7k) miles. I think I'm out $20-30k with the paint, roof, wheels etc.
BHP will likely continue their antics of ignore, deny, denigrate until it cost them much more than $20-30k in bad PR, legal fees/recompense (make sure to include payment for pain and suffering), business impact, etc. GL and keep up the good fight.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Trying this out...

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/La...on/story/83829
Old 08-04-2013, 04:03 PM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the only difference between Lozzy's experience and Porschgeois Pig's was the condition of the vehicle they purchased. They both thought they were getting a Porsche in good shape. In Lozzy's situation they lied and knew they would get away with it until after the contracts were signed as Lozzy was shopping from a distance. This netted him a car in poor condition that the dealer surely knew about.
In P Pig's case they had an actual nice car that they didn't have to lie about and were able to sell agreeable to their terms. I would also bet the amount of flack they are currently receiving about screwing over Lozzy also encouraged them to not screw someone over in the exact same fashion almost back to back.
Earlier this year I bought a 2010 CS2 from BHP sight unseen and it turned out to be exactly what they described. They're going to have nice cars come in on trades, so many times there is no need to lie to a customer. The point is that when they have the bad one they are going to be more than willing to dump it on the unsuspecting customer. My experience was not trouble free, in that they did not ship it as promised and it took an extra 2 weeks to get it. The delivery company then tried unsuccessfully to collect a second fee from me (for which I probably can't blame BHP).
Old 08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Beverly Hill Porsche. Every story seems to have a horrible twist to it. Stay away from this place.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Those pictures really help show the condition of the car. Those scratches are fairly deep and can't be corrected due to thin paint. The car has definitely been buffed extensively since the factory orange peel is gone
Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I have seen those pictures, I must say that you have evry right to pursue legal action if it isn't made right. I hope it all gets resolved in the manner that it should.

Quick Reply: My poor car