Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Did you and he agree on a deal and a price and then you wanted the Dme and photos? If not, it seems like you're sorta grinding an ax. I'd say you have to be fairly serious and far along to request a Dme. Final step along with ppi after deal is done.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm missing facts I apologize.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by BevHillsPorsche
That's a great video, I should put some of the models that regularly walk past our store to work in my video's. That would sure help spread the word.

Is that dealership a regular part of Eastbound and Down? I never got the chance to watch that show. I bet it's hilarious. I love seeing car dealer comedy, the business can be so cheesy!
It is. Unfortunately due to unscrupulous business practices and accounting Ashley Schaeffer was stripped of his BMW franchise in Season 2, only to rise from the ashes by opening a KIA franchise.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Did you and he agree on a deal and a price and then you wanted the Dme and photos? If not, it seems like you're sorta grinding an ax. I'd say you have to be fairly serious and far along to request a Dme. Final step along with ppi after deal is done.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm missing facts I apologize.
Actually I believe that it depends upon the relationship that you have with the Dealer. I bought 3 Porsches from one Dealer, and when I saw a demo I liked, I asked for an over-rev report. The salesman found an unoccupied Porsche tech and about five minutes later I had the printout. I doubt that a stranger asking for the same report would have gotten the same service.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

My ax is only that Ryan continues to try to re-write history in his favor to make it look like he did everything he could to help the customer in this situation, when in fact he did nothing for days until I reminded him about it and then all he did was send me some old pictures he had taken. I will continue to point out this misrepresentation every time he fabricates the facts.

It was a simple request for an additional picture or 2 on a key issue on condition of the car, why you guys would expect any customer to agree on the price of the car before such pictures is beyond me.

I asked for a DME, he said he would get it. At that time he did not require an agreed upon price. I've had a number of dealers send me the DME before we talked about price. If he required an agreed upon price before getting the DME then he should have made that clear.

I think it would be pretty silly to get far along a potential purchase to get a simple DME overrev readout that could easily kill the deal. Its easy to get and not something you can fix after the fact.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eflight
That by itself is a pile of BS

Its not that he cant deliver he just wont

When Ryan stops posting complete BS like this statement, I'll stop point out the BS

Fact 1. My first request was for specific pictures on Sat morning, he said he could not get the pictures due to rain, but took the car out too lunch, I know because he sent me an e-mail about it. So he did in fact have the car. I dont know why he continues to say he did not have access to it.

Fact 2. He did not send me even the pictures he did have until I had to ask for pictures again many days later. Not sure why he did not just send the photos he did have the Sat I asked for some.

Fact 3. He never told me the car was slated for auction, what he told me was that the car was already at auction and that if we could agree on a price he would get it pulled from auction. I'm not sure if there is any higher pressure sales tactic than that.

Fact 4. On Sat he said he would get he DME on Monday, that never happened. Never got any DME.

Ryan, just accept that you provided poor service in this case, maybe its the only poor service you ever gave, just stop trying to make it sound like great service and I'll stop pointing out what lousy service it was.
My ax is only that Ryan continues to try to re-write history in his favor to make it look like he did everything he could to help the customer in this situation, when in fact he did nothing for days until I reminded him about it and then all he did was send me some old pictures he had taken. I will continue to point out this misrepresentation every time he fabricates the facts.

It was a simple request for an additional picture or 2 on a key issue on condition of the car, why you guys would expect any customer to agree on the price of the car before such pictures is beyond me.

I asked for a DME, he said he would get it. At that time he did not require an agreed upon price. I've had a number of dealers send me the DME before we talked about price. If he required an agreed upon price before getting the DME then he should have made that clear.

I think it would be pretty silly to get far along a potential purchase to get a simple DME overrev readout that could easily kill the deal. Its easy to get and not something you can fix after the fact.
Here's the facts:

My service department is open M-F and it's 4-5 miles away.

You might have asked me for a DME report on Friday but by the time I could get the car to our service department the following Monday it was loaded on a truck and sent to auction. I had no idea it was going there, it was a surprise to me. I don't work on Sundays and I assume that if I did I would have noticed the car going onto a car carrier.

As far as photos go I did send you additional images of the areas in question and when I told you that the car was not here for me to shoot it I think you just assumed I was lazy and blew you off.

Not sure what else needs to be covered here, as I said I apologize that you had a bad experience. I don't know what else you want from me. I try to help people the best that I can and those that work with me tend to go to the top of the priority list. I tried to give you what you wanted but as I mentioned we didn't have the car.

If you have anything else you'd like to say about this situation please contact me offline.

Originally Posted by CAA
It is. Unfortunately due to unscrupulous business practices and accounting Ashley Schaeffer was stripped of his BMW franchise in Season 2, only to rise from the ashes by opening a KIA franchise.
I'll have to check this show out, seeing Will Farrell in a Blonde wig hocking BMW's is hysterical!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why make excuses for poor customer service and get into mud slinging? You should have apologized and left it at that. Now you continue to hang out dirty laundry for the world to see online.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

efilght – I’ve read the entire post and nobody will disagree that you have some valid points. Ryan said he gets 100 emails a day and I’m sure 95% of them are not ready, willing, and able buyers. You were RWA but for whatever reason your opportunity fell through the cracks and my advice would be to let it go.

Spokane 5150 – I’m pretty neutral on this forum and your comment on vern1 seemed to be uncalled for.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

I only speak for myself here of course. "Agreeing" on a price doesn't mean the price is cast in stone. If you don't get a feel for where you stand with the dealer on price you can be $5K or $10K apart with no hope of closing the gap. At that point, what's the use in taking pictures to determine the wear of a seat? A better way (imo) is to come together on price first and then adjust lower if the car turns out to be less than promised during inspections. Less wasted time for everyone involved.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 AM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Please moderaters make new rules prohibiting politics in the 997 forum, it is starting to become an unpleasant experience. This is a Porsche forum if you guys want to go mouth off about politics i'm sure there are political forums elsewhere.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I only speak for myself here of course. "Agreeing" on a price doesn't mean the price is cast in stone. If you don't get a feel for where you stand with the dealer on price you can be $5K or $10K apart with no hope of closing the gap. At that point, what's the use in taking pictures to determine the wear of a seat? A better way (imo) is to come together on price first and then adjust lower if the car turns out to be less than promised during inspections. Less wasted time for everyone involved.
This is generally what I hope to accomplish in the course of dialogue back and forth on a particular car. As you mentioned, if the best case scenario is still $10,000 apart or even $5,000 there's really no sense in moving forward, it's just simply not a match.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Most of these guys think you have $20k Margin on these cars. You may want to set them straight. My family has been in the car wholesale business for 20+ years. If there was 20-30% margin on cars I would quit my job and go to work for my brother. Just say'n.

Originally Posted by BevHillsPorsche
This is generally what I hope to accomplish in the course of dialogue back and forth on a particular car. As you mentioned, if the best case scenario is still $10,000 apart or even $5,000 there's really no sense in moving forward, it's just simply not a match.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:27 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

All the off-topic posts have been deleted.

Please let's keep things civil, and leave politics out of the technical forums.

I will close this thread now. One way or another it served its purpose.

Thanks

John

Quick Reply: An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche