An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 AM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Dear Rennlist,

My name is Ryan Perrella and I’m a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador at Beverly Hills Porsche, a longtime Rennlist member and THE go to guy for all new and pre-owned Porsche cars. Earlier this month Beverly Hills Porsche became a Rennlist site sponsor and I will be the main presence here in the online forums. I know that dealers are typically considered persona non grata but I want those of you reading to know that while I will be showing off a selection of our Porsche cars currently for sale, I would like you to think of me as your connection to the dealer side of Porsche. At Beverly Hills Porsche we have a number of unique resources and in the coming months I hope to show you more about me, our store and all the things that we have to offer.

In 2011 Beverly Hills Porsche became the number 1 volume Porsche Centre in the United States and we’re working hard to retain that title again for 2012. While the primary reason for our sponsorship is to sell cars, I’m looking forward to doing more than just that. If you get a chance to meet me at the dealership or an event or to speak to me over the phone I think you’ll quickly realize that I’m a bit different from people you might have encountered in the past when trying to buy a car. Porsche is many things to me, it’s not simply a car, a thing to sell, or the place where I work… for me Porsche is a way of life and I hope to share my passion for the brand with you.

Earlier this year I started experimenting with high definition videos to show off some of our more unique cars here at Beverly Hills Porsche on my youtube channel. Moving forward I’ll continue to show new cars as they arrive and give you personal introductions to all the new Porsche models as they become available. I’m also planning a series of videos showcasing some of the unique technologies that are built into these cars that we love and by doing so try to answer some of the more frequently asked questions that I receive about the cars and how they work. If you have a question about a car this is where I can help. If you want to see something, I’ll be here to show it to you.

I look forward to participating in the forums and contributing whenever I can to the community.

Sincerely,
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts
Default warning about Used Car Salesman

My personal experience is that Ryan is not a go to guy. Just the opposite.

Since Ryan posted on this forum, saying how great he is then I'll post my view from my personal experience. Yes Ryan I kept all the e-mails

Back in March I was looking at a 2009 911 at Beverly hills Porsche. I sent Ryan an email saying I was interested in the car and requested the DME numbers and some better pictures of the seat wear on Saturday, he said he did not have the DME and it was raining but would get them on Monday.

Then he sent me an e-mail later on Sat that its a great car, he just took it out for lunch, I guess there was no time during lunch to get pictures.

No DME or pictures on Monday or Tuesday.

So on Wed I sent a another request for the DME, and pictures.

So the response Wed asking about th DME or pics was : No I didn't , the car is at an auction that's supposed to run tomorrow."

Then comes the classic salesmen line "As I mentioned, we never retail cars with over revs so can we assume it's ok?"

I'm thinking : Assume its ok, a car you are sending to auction, you have got to be kidding me.

He tells me if we can make a deal he can pull it off auction. Deal, I can't even get decent pictures of the car.

Then the pictures he sends me are the ones he posted on the e-bay ad. They show seat wear, but I cant tell how bad it its.

Then the BS really starts fly, tells me how few people ask for the DME.
This is from his e-mail

"The DME reports aren't common knowledge and in order to get one it requires me to pull the car off the line, drive it 5 miles away to our service department and wait for the technician to run the report. Again, this is all done as part of CPO certification and there are parameters that much be met for Porsche to guarantee the car. Again, the only time I'm ever asked about DME reports ate on GT3's and cars that may have seen time on the racetrack"

Me, I looked at a dozen cars, every time I asked for a DME the salesmen got it to me with in a day. No one asked for a check, no one else asked for a commitment. They understood it as something a serious buyer asked for, especially on a manual transmission.

So needless to say I did not pursue the car, its hard to buy a car when the salesman will not get you the basic information on the car to make a decision on going forward. Maybe that's just the way they do things out in Beverly Hills.

So when Ryan writes "I’m a bit different from people you might have encountered in the past when trying to buy a car"

Just remember that "different" in sometimes means worse
Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

I hope this thread gets more interesting.... "Real Salesman of Beverly Hills." I'm going to stay tuned... I feel like my wife all of the sudden.

Even though I've only met Ryan once... on a vacation to CA a couple of years ago, I can personally say he didn't leave an impression on me one way or another.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Why so bitter? He might not of had time to get you the DME scan, I don't think that deserves such a slam.

Man I thought I was uptight.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

The salesperson's job is to sell the car and that means doing what a buyer asks within reason. Everything eflight requested was more than reasonable. The fact this salesperson did nothing but flap his jaws and make excuses would be enough for me to pass on the car and send a letter to the GM about my efforts in trying to buy a car from their dealership and the failures on the part of the salesperson. I take the side of eflight on this one.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 AM
DallasDave
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh boy...
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I bought from Napleton Porsche, near Chicago (sight unseen).

I asked for the DME (C2S)and got it the next day. the following week, I transferred funds, they loaded it on an enclosed trailer and it was on its way to SF

wheelz' request doesn't seem to make him uptight IMO, he should have at least gotten some additional pics - but you may be right para82, Ryan might not have had time, he couldn've been shooting his youtube vid - I honestly don't have any idea.

or maybe I'm uptight too - wanting to see pics and DEM scans of a certain P-car I'm about to drop some coin on???
Old 08-11-2012, 11:51 AM
krysFly
Instructor

Originally Posted by cairo94507
The salesperson's job is to sell the car and that means doing what a buyer asks within reason. Everything eflight requested was more than reasonable. The fact this salesperson did nothing but flap his jaws and make excuses would be enough for me to pass on the car and send a letter to the GM about my efforts in trying to buy a car from their dealership and the failures on the part of the salesperson. I take the side of eflight on this one.
+1

also if he says people ask for DME report usually for the GT3s is not a reason to dismiss a potential customers request.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, you looked at a dozen cars, and contacted a dozen salesmen and 11 of them hopped to it and sent you everything you requested and 11 spent the time and effort to get 11 techs to rum the DME.

What did you buy ?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:18 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Betting that the dealer already pulled the DME before they purchased the car for their imventoru. Would be part of the jacket/deal and as easy as forwarding a copy.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:27 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you offer to pay for the DME?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

What I see here is the that salesperson simply failed to deliver what was promised. A DME scan is not something exotic, especially given the occurrence (albeit low) of IMS issues in the 997.1's that may not be covered under warrenty if the DME scan showed high revs. Personally, I'd rather have a DME scan than a YouTube video. The bolster wear is a well known problem and varies between cars.
Sales is actually not that difficult. Its actually quite simple yet so often screwed up. Excellent sales people deliver above and beyond what is expected, not less. Salespeople that deliver less than expected service create an environment where the buyer simply cares about price. All the YouTube videos in the world will not make up for this.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Zeus my friend.........I couldn't have said it better! It's not hard........but very rare! it has to do with whose needs are greater.....yours or the customer's..........easy choice for me!

Best,

Tom
Old 08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
So, you looked at a dozen cars, and contacted a dozen salesmen and 11 of them hopped to it and sent you everything you requested and 11 spent the time and effort to get 11 techs to rum the DME.

What did you buy ?
I never said I asked a dozen salesman for DME. I was very selective to only ask for DME I as seriously interested in.

Of the ones I did ask for, a few were too high over revs for me, others were sold before I could come to an agreement on price.

I assume you ask what I bought to show I was not a serious buyer, nope I got a 997.1

I just dont think Ryan ever took me as a serious buyer, I mean he could have snapped a few pictures of the car after he took it for lunch that same day. Or the next Monday or Tuesday even. Nope never did.

Maybe he just forgot about me over the weekend, who knows.

I'm just letting my fellow Rennlisters about an expericnce I had with a salesman that made a long post on how he is new different kind of salesman

caveat emptor
Old 08-11-2012, 01:50 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by sullivas; 08-13-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche