Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:37 PM
RickintheOC
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, I believe people will generally take the time to post their negative experiences with someone or a business, but if it is positive, they don't take the time. In any case, I don't know Ryan and saw his OP when he introduced himself here. I almost immediately emailed him and told him I read his post on this forum and asked if he could help me.

I am in the market for a CPO 2009 w/PDK and already have loan approval. My challenge is that I have a vehicle with negative equity which I would like to roll into the loan. I told Ryan about my parameters, and he has been nothing but honest saying the negative equity would make a deal improbable at this time, because it would put me over my loan limits, but not impossible. He also said he is willing to work with me. His email was more detailed than I am explaining here, but I have enjoyed my interaction with Ryan and he does his best to help a customer or a future customer like me. I have talked to several P-Dealer here in S. Cal (We have 10), and Ryan has been the most helpful. If I get my C2 now, or within the next few months, it will be most likely done with Ryan, because I like his sincerity.

Last edited by RickintheOC; 08-13-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
credit and respect to Ryan for his comprehensive and forthright answer.
+1. Welcome Ryan! Looking forward to your contributions.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Thanks for the reply....I just wanted to take my last 25+ car deals out on you. The car buying process is like going to the Dentist....I hate it. It should be fun but it isn't. I'm sure there are a few diamonds in the rough.

[QUOTE=BevHillsPorsche;9762492]Quite the contrary, if you get the chance to meet me and pick my brain I think within 30 seconds I'll mention GT3 this and GT3 that. For me, that's the be all end all and what a Porsche should be. The fact of the matter is that the world is changing, there are new markets opening up and whether or not I agree with the direction of the 991 Porsche has decided that based on market research it is the best direction for the 911.

Personally the 991 is faster, quicker and easier to drive than most any 997 but as I tell one potential customer of mine, I just think there's something missing with the car. Yeah PDDC is cool and PDK is so quick and responsive, the new power steering is nice because it filters out some potentially unwanted feedback, but I want to actually drive the car, I want the car to talk to me not a computer and I don't really get excited by the car driving me. I for one can't wait for the 991 GT3 to get here and if some of you still have doubts that Porsche will somehow screw it up I suggest you just wait until it gets here.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Hey Ryan,

I'm very happy to see a dealer on the forums! Due to the wonder of the internet, complaints are inevitable. I hope you'll be able to satisfy our curiosity and new models, options and the like.

Best,
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Well said. Good listener, empathy, fairness, great customer service, proper management of expectations and going above and beyond your competition. Easy formula for success. Most people want it....most people don't get it.
Thanks my friend!

Tom
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BevHillsPorsche
Thanks for the response, I wanted to address some of your questions

1) ABSOLUTELY! I actually get crap from my managers because in their opinion the photos that I take aren't necessary and that I spend to much time documenting the car and their condition. This is simply difference of opinion between myself and management but I believe that the more pictures that I can provide the better and that it helps to separate myself from the competition. If I shoot a car I generally take between 40 and 70 pictures depending on the car and if you want to see something else I will show it if I can. I'm set up for this with a Flickr page and youtube channel so this is not at all what i consider an unreasonable request. If I can't take a picture I'll let you know and in the case of the original response I received on this thread I just didn't have the car and was unable to take any additional photos. It must be said however that although I didn't have the very specific photo he asked for, I did have about 40 pictures of the car and because the photos sent to ebay are compressed and you loose the detail of the original, I did provide one of the original images (2 or 3 actually) trying to show in better detail the things he was trying to see.

2) DME reports are not a problem whatsoever and we don't even need to agree on price before hand for that. In the situation that was mentioned the car was not here and was on its way to auction. I would have had to pull the car from auction and truck it back here and that is why I tried to finalize a number on the car pending inspection. Because we never got there I couldn't have the car sent back and it ultimately sold a few days later at auction.

3) PPI's are welcomed and it's actually California law that we must make all cars available for inspection on the customers request. It must be noted that the inspection would be on the customers dime and generally I suggest that we look for a facility within 20 miles. I have taken cars to Porsche stores in Pasadena and Woodland hills for 3rd party inspection so that is not at all unusual.
Ryan, thanks for the prompt response. Look forward to working with you in the near future. I'll be in BH during the Labor Day wknd. Will let you know if my uncle there is ready to consider a Porsche to replace the Merc. They've been meaning to replace it for a year now but never seem to have to time. BTW, he loves the 911 but in his present condition the Panamera v6 or S would be more appropriate for them. How's the trunk space on the Panamera? he requires use of a wheel chair. My aunt is the designated driver in their family.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by RickintheOC
IMHO, I believe people will generally take the time to post their negative experiences with someone or a business, but if it is positive, they don't take the time. In any case, I don't know Ryan and saw his OP when he introduced himself here. I almost immediately emailed him and told him I read his post on this forum and asked if he could help me.

I am in the market for a CPO 2009 w/PDK and already have loan approval. My challenge is that I have a vehicle with negative equity which I would like to roll into the loan. I told Ryan about my parameters, and he has been nothing but honest saying the negative equity would make a deal improbable at this time, because it would put me over my loan limits, but not impossible. He also said he is willing to work with me. His email was more detailed than I am explaining here, but I have enjoyed my interaction with Ryan and he does his best to help a customer or a future customer like me. I have talked to several P-Dealer here in S. Cal (We have 10), and Ryan has been the most helpful. If I get my C2 now, or within the next few months, it will be most likely done with Ryan, because I like his sincerity.
I talked to him a little of a year ago too when I was shopping. He had an -09 C4S that had much of what I wanted except for the price. I told him what else I was looking at and asked if he could adjust his price somewhat. He worked with his manager for a week or two and kept in touch with timely updates. I think that's all one can ask. In the end, I couldn't justify paying what they had to get for that car but it wasn't for lack of trying on Ryan's part. I'll call him again for my next car. Nice guy and easy to deal with.

Btw....all we did was talk price. I don't see the use of getting into DME scans and other technicalities until there's a sense that both sides will come together on the price. Me, I'm working it that way going on the assumption that Porsche dealerships aren't parking trashed cars on their showroom floors. And if it turns out they do, the deal is off since any agreement on any price is contingent on inspection one way or the other.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a much worse experience at the Auto Gallery that Bev Hills, so I would take it easy on Ryan...tough racket selling cars, BTW I dont like Rusnak either. Lesser of all evils I guess
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, you guys are all in sales, some just don't know it.

Im sure we've all made mistakes, so what? That's no reason to publicly bash someone or an industry.

Ryan, welcome, when is that new gt3 coming out?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:19 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Can I ask why you prefer the 5 lug to center lock?
here is an another good thread on that topic, and, note, it is about CUP car CL which is 500% more reliable than street CL.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ability-3.html

to me those who drive on a track with street CL system are potential suiciders.
but, to each his own.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed
I had a much worse experience at the Auto Gallery that Bev Hills, so I would take it easy on Ryan...tough racket selling cars, BTW I dont like Rusnak either. Lesser of all evils I guess

Clearly you've never been to Ashley Schaeffer BMW.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
BevHillsPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Hey Ryan,

I'm very happy to see a dealer on the forums! Due to the wonder of the internet, complaints are inevitable. I hope you'll be able to satisfy our curiosity and new models, options and the like.

Best,
I'm looking forward to it, if you have a question about a car I'll answer it to the best of my abilities. With the exception of the Cayman which should be announced in November the Panamera is the oldest car in the fleet. I'm looking forward to all the new models on the horizon in the next year, there should be a lot of interesting stuff in the showrooms moving forward.

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Ryan, thanks for the prompt response. Look forward to working with you in the near future. I'll be in BH during the Labor Day wknd. Will let you know if my uncle there is ready to consider a Porsche to replace the Merc. They've been meaning to replace it for a year now but never seem to have to time. BTW, he loves the 911 but in his present condition the Panamera v6 or S would be more appropriate for them. How's the trunk space on the Panamera? he requires use of a wheel chair. My aunt is the designated driver in their family.
We'd have to try out a wheel chair in the back but generally I think the Panamera has a ton of space especially when you fold the seatbacks down flat and make use of the giant boot opening that is the rear hatchback. I think it's a very practical car and a great everyday Porsche. It is a large car though and for those that are used to zipping around in 911's it will feel like twice the car.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I talked to him a little of a year ago too when I was shopping. He had an -09 C4S that had much of what I wanted except for the price. I told him what else I was looking at and asked if he could adjust his price somewhat. He worked with his manager for a week or two and kept in touch with timely updates. I think that's all one can ask. In the end, I couldn't justify paying what they had to get for that car but it wasn't for lack of trying on Ryan's part. I'll call him again for my next car. Nice guy and easy to deal with.

Btw....all we did was talk price. I don't see the use of getting into DME scans and other technicalities until there's a sense that both sides will come together on the price. Me, I'm working it that way going on the assumption that Porsche dealerships aren't parking trashed cars on their showroom floors. And if it turns out they do, the deal is off since any agreement on any price is contingent on inspection one way or the other.
I remember our conversation, did you end up getting the Meteor Grey Launch Car with the Sport Bucket seats? I think I told you that those seats are a huge put off to a lot of people but they would be first on my list to have. I think that Meteor Grey PDK Sport Chrono C4S Launch car is a really nicely optioned car and I'd love to have one.

Originally Posted by CodeRed
Come by and say hello, I'm not into BS and if there are very specific things that you need and or want I will give them to you and if I can't I'll tell you. I'm not going to promise you something that I cannot deliver. Everyone's situation is unique and if I can give you what you want I'd be stupid not to.

Originally Posted by niche
Funny, you guys are all in sales, some just don't know it.

Im sure we've all made mistakes, so what? That's no reason to publicly bash someone or an industry.

Ryan, welcome, when is that new gt3 coming out?
I don't know about the GT3. I think the 4WD cars should be announced before the end of the year and in showrooms in early 2013. I have heard mixed things on the Turbo and I'm not sure if that car's 6 months away or 18 months away.

I'm also not sure if the GT3 will be announced before or after the Turbo. I used to think the Turbo would come first but we just got a few 2013 Turbo's in and the last GT3 in the entire country was sold probably 6 months ago so I'd think that that car would come out first but I really don't know just yet.

Originally Posted by CAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQOdZQksOE
That's a great video, I should put some of the models that regularly walk past our store to work in my video's. That would sure help spread the word.

Is that dealership a regular part of Eastbound and Down? I never got the chance to watch that show. I bet it's hilarious. I love seeing car dealer comedy, the business can be so cheesy!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
credit and respect to Ryan for his comprehensive and forthright answer.
wow, you took the time to read the entire response?
I stopped after ~ 10 lines.

cheers

Craig
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

You guys probably think this is funny but there was a Dealership called Luxury Motors off Ogden Avenue near Chicago that had a very similar gig. They hired a pair of Smoking Hot Polish girls, that couldn't speak English, to wash the cars in the parking lot every day. We are talking Smoking Hot with long blonde hair and tight short shorts (Sorry Vern1 not for your eyes). It was really the bikini car wash. I bought an M3 from the guys and they had these babes washing my ride before I picked it up.

Good memories.

How about you guys from Chicago that can vouch for me on this one.

Originally Posted by CAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQOdZQksOE
Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm not into BS and if there are very specific things that you need and or want I will give them to you and if I can't I'll tell you. I'm not going to promise you something that I cannot deliver.
That by itself is a pile of BS

Its not that he cant deliver he just wont

When Ryan stops posting complete BS like this statement, I'll stop point out the BS
I received on this thread I just didn't have the car and was unable to take any additional photos. It must be said however that although I didn't have the very specific photo he asked for, I did have about 40 pictures of the car and because the photos sent to ebay are compressed and you loose the detail of the original, I did provide one of the original images (2 or 3 actually) trying to show in better detail the things he was trying to see.
Fact 1. My first request was for specific pictures on Sat morning, he said he could not get the pictures due to rain, but took the car out too lunch, I know because he sent me an e-mail about it. So he did in fact have the car. I dont know why he continues to say he did not have access to it.

Fact 2. He did not send me even the pictures he did have until I had to ask for pictures again many days later. Not sure why he did not just send the photos he did have the Sat I asked for some.

Fact 3. He never told me the car was slated for auction, what he told me was that the car was already at auction and that if we could agree on a price he would get it pulled from auction. I'm not sure if there is any higher pressure sales tactic than that.

Fact 4. On Sat he said he would get he DME on Monday, that never happened. Never got any DME.

Ryan, just accept that you provided poor service in this case, maybe its the only poor service you ever gave, just stop trying to make it sound like great service and I'll stop pointing out what lousy service it was.

Quick Reply: An introduction to Beverly Hills Porsche