Sponsored by:

Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Americans have a difficult time accepting humour unless it involves flatulence or a cream pie.
While kinda true, I have to ask. Are you a lib or gay. According to your protege Spoke - libs hate America. You seem to bash the good ole USA quite a bit

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
lol, racing tires huh?

Do you even know where the key goes on your vehicle or do you need to call the dealership?
Quad - you forget that he has one of them Porschuh's with a real hand brake and no hill assist. He enjoys the tactile sensation of said item while doing 360's either in the Dr's parking lot or while out cruising to count the number of 991's that have not sold in South Florida. THATS why he goes through his racing MPSC's in 8000 miles..

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yeah, sad I admit, but we're amused by flatulence.....
Agreed no matter which hole its coming out of.

Listen, before Palm or Spoke head off on a xenophobic tirade to throw personal insults at me or call me a **** star (although I kinda like that one), if its not obvious, my tongue is firmly in my cheek.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
While kinda true, I have to ask. Are you a lib or gay. According to your protege Spoke - libs hate America. You seem to bash the good ole USA quite a bit
Many Americans seem to consider the upper-class mannerisms of British males as gay, so I'm not surprised at your question. Being much more enlightened as a culture, we Brits see the ape-like mannerisms of American manly-men as what they are: predictive of their stupidity, not their sexuality.
And whilst the rest of the civilised world (that is to say, western Europe minus France, and the UK minus Northern Ireland) does tend to lean more in line with US democrats/liberals, I suggest that is only because they haven't lived and worked here. After a few decades, if any Euro/UK expats living in the US aren't swayed to the side of conservatism, it's because they've either left the country or are blithering idiots.

if its not obvious, my tongue is firmly in my cheek.
Equally obvious that it isn't your facial cheek.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Many Americans seem to consider the upper-class mannerisms of British males as gay, so I'm not surprised at your question. Being much more enlightened as a culture, we Brits see the ape-like mannerisms of American manly-men as what they are: predictive of their stupidity, not their sexuality.
And whilst the rest of the civilised world (that is to say, western Europe minus France, and the UK minus Northern Ireland) does tend to lean more in line with US democrats/liberals, I suggest that is only because they haven't lived and worked here. After a few decades, if any Euro/UK expats living in the US aren't swayed to the side of conservatism, it's because they've either left the country or are blithering idiots.

Equally obvious that it isn't your facial cheek.
I never knew you were a Brit. That explains a lot. Are you like this in real life or just on the internet?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

[QUOTE=Palmbeacher;9709321]Many Americans seem to consider the upper-class mannerisms of British males as gay, so I'm not surprised at your question. Being much more enlightened as a culture, we Brits see the ape-like mannerisms of American manly-men as what they are: predictive of their stupidity, not their sexuality.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I never knew you were a Brit. That explains a lot. Are you like this in real life or just on the internet?
he can not help it. Unfortunately some of the stereotypes about brits can be seen in his responses. The brits are living off past imperial glories, giving them a false sense of superiority.

Hopefully other stereotypes are not true, i.e. horrific teeth, shower once a month.
I guess we'll never know.

Just joking, I love the brits, their food is awesome!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly
he can not help it. Unfortunately some of the stereotypes about brits can be seen in his responses. The brits are living off past imperial glories, giving them a false sense of superiority.

Hopefully other stereotypes are not true, i.e. horrific teeth, shower once a month.

You are kidding - right? Their food is ok at best

I do like the Brits but they are for the most part living out glories from many years back.

The Brit stereotypes definitely do come through in his posts. I'm sure he over does it here for effect and to get a reaction.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

I've been to England 3 times and have thoroughly enjoyed the country and the people. I have a buddy who was a Royal Marine; a very bright and entertaining guy. Nationality aside, some folks are simply bad-mannered. I wouldn't paint all Brits with the same Palm-brush....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 07-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Brits are cool.......but mainly wet 9 months a year
Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Brits are cool.......but mainly wet 9 months a year
The brits are living off past imperial glories, giving them a false sense of superiority.
Quite a bit of stone-throwing from the sub-arctic glass "hoose" isn't it?

Canada is rather like the spoilt child who, never having had to actually fend for itself, it takes for granted the support and protection of its amicably-divorced parents, mistaking for entitlement what is in fact beneficence grounded in the guilt of having birthed a hapless and slow-witted offspring.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

"Hoose"?
Seriously?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Quite a bit of stone-throwing from the sub-arctic glass "hoose" isn't it?

Canada is rather like the spoilt child who, never having had to actually fend for itself, it takes for granted the support and protection of its amicably-divorced parents, mistaking for entitlement what is in fact beneficence grounded in the guilt of having birthed a hapless and slow-witted offspring.
Born in the UK and having lived there for thirty years you can't argue about the rain ol chap !
So C'mon Palm, stop watching Jackanory, put on your Blue Peter Badge, and spend $ 20.00 to join the club. It just seems so fitting if you ask me !
Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Originally Posted by rodsky
You are kidding - right? Their food is ok at best

I do like the Brits but they are for the most part living out glories from many years back.

The Brit stereotypes definitely do come through in his posts. I'm sure he over does it here for effect and to get a reaction.

I was kidding...actually its bloody awful, maybe except most popular British food eaten today...curry.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Can't beat a good curry !
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

I was kidding...actually its bloody awful, maybe except most popular British food eaten today...curry.
Im a brit that grew up on curry...but having gone back a few times over the last couple of year i would have to say, that at there is some terrific food in the UK, our last trip was london and up the west coast of scotland, and isle of Sky. had some very memorable meals......nothing as good as here in Charleston, but thats a pretty high bar
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

I suspect you mean that your British with India roots? Indian food is absolutely our favorite. We can actually get it here in Nashville if you can believe it. Restaurant is close to the hospital...go figure.

Originally Posted by limey940
Im a brit that grew up on curry...but having gone back a few times over the last couple of year i would have to say, that at there is some terrific food in the UK, our last trip was london and up the west coast of scotland, and isle of Sky. had some very memorable meals......nothing as good as here in Charleston, but thats a pretty high bar

Quick Reply: Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS