Sponsored by:

Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by limey940
Im a brit that grew up on curry...but having gone back a few times over the last couple of year i would have to say, that at there is some terrific food in the UK, our last trip was london and up the west coast of scotland, and isle of Sky. had some very memorable meals......nothing as good as here in Charleston, but thats a pretty high bar
So is that where you got your user name from?

Yes the food in England has improved. There are some top notch restaurants in London - incredible ones. Fantastic Indian food too. But on average, its just OK. Unless you are really into steak and kidney pies, cornish pasties, bangers and mash, bubble and squeak etc..
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 371 Likes on 223 Posts

This thread hasn't been about the 991S vs the 997GTS in a long while now. I hope one of the Mods won't shut us down because I'm having a blast!
I guess they're enjoying it too as long as we keep it civil...
So which car should I go for when there will be time to change my 996TT? The 997GTS,the 997.2GT3 or the 991S? Keep in my mind I'm not a Brit,nor Canadian,I don't live in South Florida and I don't care about doing donuts with my parking brake.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
So which car should I go for when there will be time to change my 996TT? The 997GTS,the 997.2GT3 or the 991S?

NOTA. I'm waiting for the 991 GT3. If it disappoints, I'll keep my 997.2 S for a long time, but I don't think it will....
Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One can most certainly find dilectable food in Britain. It's not British food however.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
NOTA. I'm waiting for the 991 GT3. If it disappoints, I'll keep my 997.2 S for a long time, but I don't think it will....
Hey Mike!

That is definitely the ideal set up!
You can't go wrong. I can bet you anything you won't be disappointed!
I just hope they'll offer a manual too...

Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when is the 991 GT3 coming out?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Not for a long time as they need to sell all the regular 991's first and according to very reliabe reports they are not selling at all as no one has seen them in S Florida....
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly
when is the 991 GT3 coming out?
I've read several rumors but the one that has been repeated in a couple of sources I've seen is that it will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March of 2013. Supposedly, Porsche will start taking orders shortly thereafter. Time will tell...

Originally Posted by neanicu
Hey Mike!

That is definitely the ideal set up!
You can't go wrong. I can bet you anything you won't be disappointed!
I just hope they'll offer a manual too...

I honestly don't know whether I would go MT or PDK, but like you, I hope they give me (and everyone else) the choice!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Not for a long time as they need to sell all the regular 991's first and according to very reliabe reports they are not selling at all as no one has seen them in S Florida....
According to my sources, Porsche is boycotting S Florida. They are planning a re-launch of the 997.1 for that market, complete with a rheostatic e-brake, no rear deck lettering and internal console delete. The "new" 911 will only come with non-race tires and will cut all power when anyone attempts a 360. This will be the last 911 ever so as to avoid any further discussion of when the last true 911 was. PDK will be discontinued. Ferrari has the California. Porsche will simply name it the Flo, to pay hommage to its burgeoning retro So Florida market. It will not be sold, under any circumstances, to libs, gays, **** stars, Californians, Muslims, or paying members of Rennlist.

Sorry the Macallan (12 year old) is kicking in..
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

I've read several rumors but the one that has been repeated in a couple of sources I've seen is that it will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March of 2013. Supposedly, Porsche will start taking orders shortly thereafter. Time will tell...

I honestly don't know whether I would go MT or PDK, but like you, I hope they give me (and everyone else) the choice!

If they offer both,just drive the PDK,the manual and hopefully you'll figure it out...but to be honest with you,I'm pretty sure it will be a very tough decision.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rodsky
According to my sources, Porsche is boycotting S Florida. They are planning a re-launch of the 997.1 for that market, complete with a rheostatic e-brake, no rear deck lettering and internal console delete. The "new" 911 will only come with non-race tires and will cut all power when anyone attempts a 360. This will be the last 911 ever so as to avoid any further discussion of when the last true 911 was. PDK will be discontinued. Ferrari has the California. Porsche will simply name it the Flo, to pay hommage to its burgeoning retro So Florida market. It will not be sold, under any circumstances, to libs, gays, **** stars, Californians, Muslims, or paying members of Rennlist.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:19 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 331 Posts

Don't forget Canadians, eh.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM
vern1
Drifting

Ok now that was good....the Flo...classic...perhaps SoFlo...but then we are only amused by flatulence (or at least you Yanks are) so cue PB to amuse us once again
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 AM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by moab
Don't forget Canadians, eh.
Who can forget us?? Impossible. But as PB says, nobody rocks the flannel like us Canadians eh!!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is that where you got your user name from?

Yes the food in England has improved. There are some top notch restaurants in London - incredible ones. Fantastic Indian food too. But on average, its just OK. Unless you are really into steak and kidney pies, cornish pasties, bangers and mash, bubble and squeak etc..
When i was spending my misspent youth in the UK pubs closed at 10.30 PM. The tradition was to go out to a curry place to continue drinking....at some point i developed a taste for good curry, no Indian roots in my back ground as far as i know. still love a good curry.
I still have to have fish and chips whenever i go back, though i actually cooked my own version here the other night at a fun dinner party and it got rave reviews
i agree tho, generally a lot of brit food is still overcooked vegetables and ration era staples that became traditional..
cheers

Quick Reply: Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS