Sponsored by:

ROTtec Front LEDs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROTtec Front LEDs Installed

Ray at ROTtec just received his initial shipment of front LEDs.

Along with a large number of Rennlisters I bought a set from him on the excellent group buy deal he put together.

Fortunately I live in Vancouver so I have the advantage of having Ray close at hand. I popped over to his shop this afternoon and Ray and his partner installed my LEDs as well as new headlight and sidemarker bulbs that match much better (temperature-wise) with the LEDs than the factory versions.

I must say I'm very impressed Ray and his partner and the quality of the products they sell.

These guys are first rate!

LEDs front and rear really give the car an excellent update.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Can't wait to get them. Is it worth it changing the color temps of the incandescent part of the bi-xenon headlights?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Can't wait to get them. Is it worth it changing the color temps of the incandescent part of the bi-xenon headlights?
I was thinking the same thing. I can't wait for them to ship.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Me too! LEDs and HIDs can't arrive soon enough!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm looking forward to getting mine as well.
Already have the Dectane module as well to allow them to run as true DRLs.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:22 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I would say this is a definite.

Ray went to a lot of effort trying to get good pictures to compare the orginal bulbs to the LEDs...

It's not easy to capture this in a photograph, but I must say that in person the OEM bulbs look quite yellow in comparison to the LEDs.

Ray's partner has a very nice GT3 that is the test mule for all of ROTtecs products. I was able to do a side-by-side comparison to the test GT3 with the new bulbs (pictured here) and my car - and my OEM lights looked very yellow in comparison to the LEDs, particularly with the new bulbs right beside my car.

In the end I decided to go with ROTtec LEDs, headlight bulbs, side marker bulbs and license plate bulbs.

Ray also offers color matching interior, engine compartment and trunk bulbs - but that's a bit over-the-top for me.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 AM
purrybonker
Pro

And I must say...

Walking into ROTtec's new show room is like walking into a candy store.

Carbon fiber bits and wheels everywhere, a guy could blow his brains out in this place...

good thing I only have enough budget for lights.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 AM
JonasJ
Instructor

looks fantastic
Old 12-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm slowing migrating to LED (and less incandescent) outside but am thinking that I want to keep the warmer color temps inside the car. Going with Ray's recommendation for the Bi-Xenon HID bulb swap out.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 AM
lopro
Banned

I also upgraded my order to the brighter HID to match my new ROTtec DRL's

Im anxous to get them aswell

should really help update the frontend of my gt3
sweeeet
Old 12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm swapping out to Ray's new HID bulbs as well for a closer match, however the side marker bulbs that Ray provides in his package are white and not orange.

Has anyone found a set of orange bulbs that will work in the side markers without throwing codes?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Tito_gsx
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice upgrade.

Any daytime pics?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
I'm looking forward to getting mine as well.
Already have the Dectane module as well to allow them to run as true DRLs.
It would be great if you could take detailed pics and do a write-up of the installation of the Dectane module. I know I saw another fellow has done one, but IIRC it could have been even more detailed/newbie rated. A very detailed with pics step-by-step would probably help a lot of guys as I think many will want to do the conversion. I'm not planning to, but I might eventually.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
I'm swapping out to Ray's new HID bulbs as well for a closer match, however the side marker bulbs that Ray provides in his package are white and not orange.

Has anyone found a set of orange bulbs that will work in the side markers without throwing codes?
Do orange side marker bulbs have a history of throwing codes? I just changed my side markers from the orange lens with clear bulbs to the clear lens with orange bulbs (they came with it), and no problems. Is there something about orange LEDs that have been problematic?

BTW, I notice that my side markers come on with the head lights, but they do not flash with the turn signals. I've seen some flash with the signals and others work like mine. Anybody know why some flash with signals and some don't?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
Do orange side marker bulbs have a history of throwing codes? I just changed my side markers from the orange lens with clear bulbs to the clear lens with orange bulbs (they came with it), and no problems. Is there something about orange LEDs that have been problematic?

BTW, I notice that my side markers come on with the head lights, but they do not flash with the turn signals. I've seen some flash with the signals and others work like mine. Anybody know why some flash with signals and some don't?
No, it's because turn signals should be orange (in ontario some cops really crack down on that anyway)Im not 100% sure here but I dont think the colour of the LED is why the codes, its because of the voltage. I think it's much easer to see them flashing from a distance when orange. Lots of people change the marker lenses to clear and put a orange bulb in it so it's still a flashing orange but does not stand out so much when its not lit.

Some led's that are aftermarket are known to pop error codes on the dash

What does this dectain module do? Is this only for certain cars that dont have DRL>?

Quick Reply: ROTtec Front LEDs Installed