Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROTtec Front LEDs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

But, in my case I don't think my side markers flash with the signal. I think they only come on steady with the headlights. I notice in one of Ray's Rottec posts with two 997s side-by-side, on one with the side marker would flash with the signal, on the other it did not???

The dectane module will allow the lights to be used as day time running. For us Canadians, it might allow us to make it so that the headlights do not come on as DRLs, just the LEDs. Some are also planning to configure it so that the fog lights (rather than the centre LED bar) come on as the DRLs, though personally I like the centre LED bar better.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:46 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may need to get the module then, I guess it will depend when I install the lights and see what its like.

Cant wait to get these lights, I would imagine they arrive sometime next week.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
It would be great if you could take detailed pics and do a write-up of the installation of the Dectane module. I know I saw another fellow has done one, but IIRC it could have been even more detailed/newbie rated. A very detailed with pics step-by-step would probably help a lot of guys as I think many will want to do the conversion. I'm not planning to, but I might eventually.
This is a very good link that I found. No pictures, but very clear instructions that i plan on following.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...dule-easy.html

I plan to turn off the DRL (headlight) functionality through my PCM and then use this module so that the white LED's of these new lights come on when I start my car...but then they operate normally if/when I turn on the lights.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

In the US, the side marker lights are not blinkers.
The are just orange when the car lights are on. I know some people have had issues with exterior LED light bulbs so i was curious if anyone had sourced one that worked in the side markers with no error codes on the dash.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
In the US, the side marker lights are not blinkers.
The are just orange when the car lights are on. I know some people have had issues with exterior LED light bulbs so i was curious if anyone had sourced one that worked in the side markers with no error codes on the dash.
Thanks for the clarification. Guess mine is normal. I would imagine that Ray has made sure that there are no codes with the LED side marker bulbs that he is including in his package. Seems to be his policy to test everything well before offering it.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Yes, the LEDs that Ray provides in his package he says are code free, however they are white LEDs and not orange.

I have my side markers in clear so I would want the LEDs in that spot to be orange.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Several European countries' codes require the side markers to blink with the turn signals. The US DOT codes do not. It's a matter of how they are programmed by the factory, or later, by a dealer. I would imagine a dealer with the right machine, could activate that feature if you really want it.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

For me personally I don't care that they don't blink, but I would prefer for those lights when lit up (at night) to be orange and not white.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
For me personally I don't care that they don't blink, but I would prefer for those lights when lit up (at night) to be orange and not white.
+1. I did see the LED white ones on a car that Rottec installed, it was VERY bright and you could see it from a distance, and to me, looked very much aftermarket, I personally woudn't do it at all.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
lopro
Banned

I guess it would be good for driving in someones blind spot - bright aftermarket white light beaming in another drivers blindspot. lol

no but seriously, +1 for an orange led option
Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by alexb76
+1. I did see the LED white ones on a car that Rottec installed, it was VERY bright and you could see it from a distance, and to me, looked very much aftermarket, I personally woudn't do it at all.
Originally Posted by lopro
I guess it would be good for driving in someones blind spot - bright aftermarket white light beaming in another drivers blindspot. lol

no but seriously, +1 for an orange led option
This is a bit of a funny subject, particularly for Canadian cars with DRL in always-on mode.

No one seems to like the factory orange side markers - we all immediately buy the clear ones and swap them out.

But the thing is - the clear markers with orange bulbs look almost identical to orange markers with clear bulbs when the headlights are turned on, so what's the point?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

It's all about 'the look.' (In day time lighting).
Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
lopro
Banned

It depends on the car. Like some of those orange lenses just stand out so bad

I mean on a orange car then im all for it, but if your colour scemes blue and yellow and you have a ugly orange lenses sticking out of place crammed in there then it just doesnt go

Depends on the car or look your going for, but yea your right, sometimes clear lenses with a orange bulb in daytime doesnt fix the issue

It all depends on the car
Old 12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
lopro
Banned

anyone recieve there LED DRL's yet?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Mine arrive on Friday (today). Hopefully, I'll be back in town to put them in the car and then shoot some shots.

Quick Reply: ROTtec Front LEDs Installed