Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Dectane LED Lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
lic265
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been sitting on the sidelines after reading some of the issues here and on another forum with failure and poor customer service. Wonder if the other options - Rotec, or the new entry from DelRAYCustoms, has similar issues?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my ROTtec front/rears for a year and no issues
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lic265
I have been sitting on the sidelines after reading some of the issues here and on another forum with failure and poor customer service. Wonder if the other options - Rotec, or the new entry from DelRAYCustoms, has similar issues?
Rottec and Ray provide a good product and great customer service. The customer service issues re Dectane/Depo I believe have more to do with dealing with a vendor in Germany. I bought the Dectane/Depo from a domestic vendor, have had them on the car for almost a year and no problems at all.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 AM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gvcap10
Fish-SS on Ebay just got his shipment of Dectane lights in. I was on a wait list for them. They shipped out a couple days ago. Hopefully they will be the new ones manufactured?
I contacted him, he wanted me to bring cash and take the lights. I felt like I was buying speakers at a gas station and just didn't feel right. Others have bought from him and have been OK, to be fair to the guy, just not for me to conduct a transaction this way.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CORSASCHNELL
I contacted him, he wanted me to bring cash and take the lights. I felt like I was buying speakers at a gas station and just didn't feel right. Others have bought from him and have been OK, to be fair to the guy, just not for me to conduct a transaction this way.
If I could I would rather take delivery and inspect and not depend on the the carriers to deliver unscathed...plus you get to meet your vendor - all we know about "Frank" is his name and he's far away.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 AM
jotaking
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any updates on the Dectanes?

I have read the usual regarding condensation issues and "check light" indicators?

Some of you have had these in for a few years now?

Whats the consensus?

From what I have read on here; some people are installing the resistor and others aren't?

I think the resistor is required to fool the system that the incandescent lamps are okay..therefore if the resistor isn't installed the system will see a low Ohm reading and indicate a "check light" warning??

Be good to hear some long term feedback?

Also..I assume that if you install these your P warranty is void?

In which case, just swap them out for servicing
Old 07-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jotaking
Any updates on the Dectanes?

I have read the usual regarding condensation issues and "check light" indicators?

Some of you have had these in for a few years now?

Whats the consensus?

From what I have read on here; some people are installing the resistor and others aren't?

I think the resistor is required to fool the system that the incandescent lamps are okay..therefore if the resistor isn't installed the system will see a low Ohm reading and indicate a "check light" warning??

Be good to hear some long term feedback?

Also..I assume that if you install these your P warranty is void?

In which case, just swap them out for servicing
I was part of the 2nd group from Orange tuning back in the days so I've had them for a few years. No condensation and no problems. I had it installed initially w/o resistors, worked for about six months, then got a check fog light msg, installed the resistors and never had a problem since. I highly recommend them, they give the old 997 a modern look.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed mine so I can't comment on long term usage, but my recent experience with Orange Tuning was excellent.

Last edited by rickdogg82; 07-16-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:08 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've moved on to an '07 Carrera S, 6MT and I'm interested in a set - who sells them these days? Although the Rotec worked fine, they didn't have an OEM look to them. Would like the Dectane.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Dectane LED Lights installed