Sponsored by:

Trading in my 997s for a Nissan GTR.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coochas
And Chris,....those DFI's should be hitting your side of the country soon enough. Are you ancy? Tell your dealer you want to go for a test drive Friday afternoon, then show up with your wife and a weekend suitcase!
That's a good idea... I did get an extended test drive with a V8 Vantage once. Considering how many Audis/Porsches I've bought from this place, they might hook me up.

I totally agree about the Z06 vs. 997TT being just like this thread. Funny thing is, I kind of like the Z06 now, too. I still think the Z06 interior is crap (my wife's A3 is better), but the CF parts, that engine, etc. Nice!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That's a good idea... I did get an extended test drive with a V8 Vantage once. Considering how many Audis/Porsches I've bought from this place, they might hook me up.

I totally agree about the Z06 vs. 997TT being just like this thread. Funny thing is, I kind of like the Z06 now, too. I still think the Z06 interior is crap (my wife's A3 is better), but the CF parts, that engine, etc. Nice!
Hey, Jar Head- if you're ever out in my neck of the woods, look me up. I'll let you take one for an extended ride!
Old 09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh, just for clarification. If this car appeals mainly to teenagers who may think it looks like a transformer or whatever toy of choice they liken it to, and think the car looks "badass" is "****ing hot" is "hot ****" or whatever superlative they may want to attach to express how much they desire to buy one, well then it is an EPIC FAIL by Nissan.

How many teenagers do you know that can afford an $80,000.00 car?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ben, I think we get the message.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Given the magazine covers and demand for the car I'm having trouble believing any of the EPIC FAIL BS. Nissan has utilized existing capacity to build this car along with the G37 and is only planning on making 12K/yr. Given the premium price they're getting and knowing they are in business to make $$$ this is likely a huge WIN in a time when many automakers are losing billions.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ahhhhhhh failure?

Did you just say the GTR was a failure? Forget if I like GTR or note (OK I do) but almost any car that's commanding a 10-20-25K over sticker isn't a failure. No matter the make or looks.....this car has it's place and its pulling its boot from Porsches *** in the performance debt.

Just love what it does for the industry, it will push others to do things better...........

Originally Posted by OCBen
Oh, just for clarification. If this car appeals mainly to teenagers who may think it looks like a transformer or whatever toy of choice they liken it to, and think the car looks "badass" is "****ing hot" is "hot ****" or whatever superlative they may want to attach to express how much they desire to buy one, well then it is an EPIC FAIL by Nissan.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
OCBen
Banned

Performance is overrated.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Ben, I don't think I've ever seen you so animated over a car. Boy you really hate this car, eh?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Between its 0-60 time and Nurgurgring lap how can you say that the performance is "overrated"?

You might argue that it's not involving or lacks soul (not my experience and I've driven one extensively on road and track) but I can't see how the performance is anything other than astonishing.

I do believe, however, its popularity will wane much as was the case with the Acura NSX, Nissan 350Z etc..etc...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Ben, you are both anti size and anti performance-is that because you have neither going for you?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:07 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Ben, I don't think I've ever seen you so animated over a car. Boy you really hate this car, eh?
Nahhh, just having a little fun.

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
Between its 0-60 time and Nurgurgring lap how can you say that the performance is "overrated"?
I wasn't talking about this car's performance. If I had been I would have posted, "Its performance is overrated."

I was responding to the previous poster:
Originally Posted by mickfluff
...pulling its boot from Porsches *** in the performance debt.
I then made the broad general statement that "performance is overrated."

Meaning that for a street car, performance is overrated as an attribute, as you will never be able to legally drive anywhere near the limits of the car's performance on public roads. So as an attribute, performance is overrated.

There is a reason why Porsche is having a tough time keeping up with demand for its "underpowered" sportscars when there are others selling cars with more horsepower and better "performance" numbers out there. The reason is simple. Performance is overrated.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Nahhh, just having a little fun.

I wasn't talking about this car's performance. If I had been I would have posted, "Its performance is overrated."

I was responding to the previous poster:
I then made the broad general statement that "performance is overrated."

Meaning that for a street car, performance is overrated as an attribute, as you will never be able to legally drive anywhere near the limits of the car's performance on public roads. So as an attribute, performance is overrated.

There is a reason why Porsche is having a tough time keeping up with demand for its "underpowered" sportscars when there are others selling cars with more horsepower and better "performance" numbers out there. The reason is simple. Performance is overrated.
touche. My bad.

Last edited by LastMezger; 09-13-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: said something stupid
Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MLindgren
Ben, you are both anti size and anti performance-is that because you have neither going for you?

A girl broke up with Ben once. Said he was too "big" ...........if you knowwhatimsayin.....
Old 09-15-2008, 01:38 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

No, I don't think any teenager can afford the GT-R but I like to think/act like one sometimes.

Ben, I can tell you really dislike (hate) this car
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

As simplistic as some of the arguments are, as simplistic is the view from the outside world: whether Porsche or Corvette or GT-R or M3... whatever... we are ALL just guys with small penises.

P.S.: Dave, photoshops do not count.

Quick Reply: Trading in my 997s for a Nissan GTR.