Sponsored by:

Trading in my 997s for a Nissan GTR.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
... we are ALL just guys with small penises.
Speak for yourself.

Now, if you mean to say compared to Shamu and his ilk, then you've got a valid point.

Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Speak for yourself.

Now, if you mean to say compared to Shamu and his ilk, then you've got a valid point.
So that's where tartar sauce comes from.....damn SPERM whales.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:32 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oooooooh, yuckapoo.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P.S.: Dave, photoshops do not count.[/SIZE]
That was photoshop???????????????????
Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9974G
That was photoshop?
Not the whale... just Dave's eel: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...47&postcount=5
Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The performance numbers of the gtr are no doubt impressive. But that alone doesn't make a car superior in my book. Handling, weight, balance, and other factors play as large a role if not bigger in overall driving experience. The 911 has been an icon of automotive engineering for 5 decades. It's going to take more than 0-60 or 1/4 mile times to make me bow on my knees to Godzilla.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I was referring to Dave! You're telling me there's something fishy with that pic?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by surfer
The performance numbers of the gtr are no doubt impressive. But that alone doesn't make a car superior in my book. Handling, weight, balance, and other factors play as large a role if not bigger in overall driving experience. The 911 has been an icon of automotive engineering for 5 decades. It's going to take more than 0-60 or 1/4 mile times to make me bow on my knees to Godzilla.
+997-The scary part is that when you look beyond straight line and consider the twisties the gtr still rates near if not at the top. Even though the car is pig heavy if you look at the scale they seem to have overcome it with balance and electronic intervention to minimize the fat feel. You could easily argue that the gtr is the new icon of automotive engineering given what it is able to do.

Make no mistake I wouldn't trade my C2S any day but would like to have the addition of a gtr.

For the record I don't think it looks any less attractive than an R8.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

To try and bring this a little back on topic...

I watched this at the weekend and sure enough it's on You Tube.

Nissan GTR Vs Porsche 911 Turbo around a track. Cast your votes now.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWcv7Zp0H78
Old 09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MLindgren
+997-The scary part is that when you look beyond straight line and consider the twisties the gtr still rates near if not at the top. Even though the car is pig heavy if you look at the scale they seem to have overcome it with balance and electronic intervention to minimize the fat feel. You could easily argue that the gtr is the new icon of automotive engineering given what it is able to do.

Make no mistake I wouldn't trade my C2S any day but would like to have the addition of a gtr.

For the record I don't think it looks any less attractive than an R8.
Seriously? To be honest I haven't seen the GTR in person but I think the R8 is pure sex. I would consider an R8 in a few years once they are no longer marketed above sticker, or the new R10 if and when it comes out. Last week in Sydney I saw an R8 with it's daytime LED angeleyes and it looked absolutely menacing.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Wolfgang is correct.
The balloons were added to that picture.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by surfer
Seriously? To be honest I haven't seen the GTR in person but I think the R8 is pure sex. I would consider an R8 in a few years once they are no longer marketed above sticker, or the new R10 if and when it comes out. Last week in Sydney I saw an R8 with it's daytime LED angeleyes and it looked absolutely menacing.
I do like the LED's but the profile view doesn't do it for me. Being an Audi owner I think their quality is sub-par and maintenance/repair costs are higher than my Porsche. Probably leaves a ****ty taste in my mouth which doesn't help.

I also happen to like the SC wart on top of the instrument panel and much prefer my amber side marker lights to clear ones.

To each their own....
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

...just watched that you tube video Interestingly, the more I see that car (GTR), the more and more I think it's truly fugly. As many others have said, it def has solid performance numbers, but watching it on the track...I got no wood...no wood at all. now, that turbo?...much wood much wood I'll trade the 0.5 seconds anyday of the week. now, as for the R8, I think that car looks truly mack daddy...if and when the overage stops, I would 100% consider that for my next ride.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MLindgren
I do like the LED's but the profile view doesn't do it for me. Being an Audi owner I think their quality is sub-par and maintenance/repair costs are higher than my Porsche. Probably leaves a ****ty taste in my mouth which doesn't help.

I also happen to like the SC wart on top of the instrument panel and much prefer my amber side marker lights to clear ones.

To each their own....
Yeah, you definitely have more knowledge than myself since I've never owned an Audi. I testdrove the S5 on a couple occasions but aside from the fantastic interior the handling and performance was meh. I definitely had a sense of the weight of the vehicle and AWD is pretty much useless where I live. For now the c2s is more than enough vehicle for my daily driver and reliable to boot. But every 4 years or so I get the new car itch so hopefully the 998 or whatever they call it will be out to wet my appetite. OTW, R8 here I come.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

audi r8: dont like it that much...nor do many mags.

gtr: i was lucky enough to see one make its way around VIR at full blast...amazing car, never once did it wag it's ***. i do have to say though, the 997 turbo running with it had a better exhaust note up high. why nissan brought it to america, they felt it would sell as well as the STi and the Evo, which if not a limited production, it would. to hate the nissan because of looks isn't the worst idea. but the car is built upon a legacy older than that of the 911. the Corvette does not compare, and don't say its a better buy: the cheapest z06 is 72g, then a level up at 75g and the top starts at 78g...not really cheaper. if you want bang for you buck go with the GTR

911: always been here, not going anywhere anytime soon, porsche will likely engineer a newer 911 that will be better than the gtr, but you must also relize, the Porsche 911 is still considered the ulitmate sports car, and the best GT car. in it's paces around VIR it kept up with the GTR and at some points was quicker and some others slower. it's really what you want to do with the car. you will always see more 911's at a track than a GTR...trust me. the 911 is a legend as much as the GTR. gtr will appeal to the younger crowd, the 911 to the more refined crowd...basically if you have the 126g for the 997t then u'll get it, but if you only have 80g, you'll end up with a gtr

Quick Reply: Trading in my 997s for a Nissan GTR.