Default Headunit

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:03 AM
hehe
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverbullet911
The microphone jack is located in the AV input and output harness,
Removed the Jiutree unit again today to see if I missed something, but I can definitely confirm that my AV input and output plugs do not have a microphone jack alongside them.

There are 6 connectors (AV in/out, Sound L in/out, Sound R in/out), there is a Sim card holder and a green wire that doesn't have a connector.
I don't mind much, I don't make phone calls in the car that often and I absolutely love my new Jiutree unit.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:57 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Catt
Hi Silver Bullet

I am installing my head unit it lights up, connects, easy to use, but I have no sound? it came with the most 3 abaptor and although no instructions what so ever, it seems to be easy to install but can’t get any sound from speakers.

The most unit came with three wires that I connected to battery, acc and ground as labeled, but still nothing thought the speakers? can't believe my only option was you ask yourself. Sorry.
Absolutely no apologies required. Had to customize my wiring as a JL amplifier that replaced the the Bose, therefore the MOST converter was not required, but have installed other Android head units it my Cayenne and GLK, the installations are all very similar.

The MOST converter wiring or splicing to the new harness is pretty straightforward. Utilized a multi-metre to confirm connections. Unplug the output end of the converter where the 2 fibre optic cables are inserted. Power up the head unit and observe the output connection in the converter, there will be a red blinking light that is the fibre signal. The blinking light occurs, should not be a problem with the wiring or converter.

Ensure that the correct converter was sent, the case should be blue and labeled for Porsche use. Possible the black converter may have been sent in error, have read that this had occurred by another.

One very simple solution would be the DSP app. Enter into the the app and there will be a speaker fade and sound stage balancing features. Ensure that the directional orange movable dot is centred. If the sound is directed to a far end quadrant, no sound may occur. Had this happen.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:08 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Originally Posted by hehe
I’m not Silver Bullet, but installed it just last week, so maybe I can help.

The most unit converts analog audio to glasfiber signal.
So you are sure you took the protective cap of the MOST unit and plugged the orange glasfiber wire (that was plugged in your old headunit) and plugged it in the MOST unit?

and the red and white connectors are connected to the connectors that come from the new unit and are labeled R.OUT and L.OUT (not IN)
Excellent comment, no instructions and the installation can turn into a nightmare. YouTube has many tutorials. 4X4 shop videos are very detailed, they do not have one for this specific head unit, but have Porsche installations. The process is similar for any Android head unit.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:34 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Removed the Jiutree unit again today to see if I missed something, but I can definitely confirm that my AV input and output plugs do not have a microphone jack alongside them.

There are 6 connectors (AV in/out, Sound L in/out, Sound R in/out), there is a Sim card holder and a green wire that doesn't have a connector.
I don't mind much, I don't make phone calls in the car that often and I absolutely love my new Jiutree unit.
Interesting. Appears that a different harness was provided. Would contact Seller to ship a different harness. If there is any push back, there should not be, purchase the correct harness separately through a different seller for your TS10 unit, they should be rather inexpensive.

Furthermore, typically the head unit will have built in microphones. 2 holes in the bottom corners of the fascia may be for the microphone. Have you tested the if the unit has a built in microphone? Not able to test for you as the Enfig microphone is connected to mine.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:53 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Interesting. Appears that a different harness was provided. Would contact Seller to ship a different harness. If there is any push back, there should not be, purchase the correct harness separately through a different seller for your TS10 unit, they should be rather inexpensive.

Furthermore, typically the head unit will have built in microphones. 2 holes in the bottom corners of the fascia may be for the microphone. Have you tested the if the unit has a built in microphone? Not able to test for you as the Enfig microphone is connected to mine.
Correction, the built in microphone test was performed without the external microphone connected during the initial installation. Built in microphone exists and functions.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:10 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Correction, the built in microphone test was performed without the external microphone connected during the initial installation. Built in microphone exists and functions.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:34 PM
Catt
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent comment, no instructions and the installation can turn into a nightmare. YouTube has many tutorials. 4X4 shop videos are very detailed, they do not have one for this specific head unit, but have Porsche installations. The process is similar for any Android head unit.
It was the red and white out put wires, feel silly but dam happy now!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much.
Love this thread you guys rock.
The following users liked this post:
downtroddengoat (04-09-2023)
Old 11-26-2022, 05:57 PM
hehe
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, there is a build in microphone.
Haven’t heard it myself, but my wife told me there was a lot of noise when I called her.
I will check if they can send me a different plug as I have the Enfig microphone in my car already.

Edit:
just ordered this (click)
The '4G WIFI Version RCA cable' is what I got, the '10 RCA + Microphone wire' is what I need.

Last edited by hehe; 11-26-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:10 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

yes, there is a build in microphone.
Haven’t heard it myself, but my wife told me there was a lot of noise when I called her.
I will check if they can send me a different plug as I have the Enfig microphone in my car already.

Edit:
just ordered this (click)
The '4G WIFI Version RCA cable' is what I got, the '10 RCA + Microphone wire' is what I need.
Good that the correct harness was found to purchase and inexpensive.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

This alternative appears interesting. Past
contemplation of when this type of unit would be commercialized.

C$ 1,200.59 30% Off | 8+128GB For Porsche Cayman S Boxster 987 911 997 2006-2012 Tesla Style Carplay Car Stereo Radio Multimedia Player GPS Navigation
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtwAmwI
Old 12-11-2022, 02:58 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

The aesthetics overall look very bad - it sticks out like crazy + looks horribly out of place.

This alternative appears interesting. Past
contemplation of when this type of unit would be commercialized.

C$ 1,200.59 30% Off | 8+128GB For Porsche Cayman S Boxster 987 911 997 2006-2012 Tesla Style Carplay Car Stereo Radio Multimedia Player GPS Navigation
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtwAmwI
Old 12-11-2022, 11:59 PM
username.taken
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that huge screen in 2nd version is fugly!
Old 12-27-2022, 08:02 PM
cruzrandy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Harness

I received my unit today. It seems to be missing a harness that connects to the rear. Is this needed when replacing a PCM 2.1 w/ Bose?
Old 12-27-2022, 11:35 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Not required for my installation. May be for a 360 camera.

Quick Reply: New Head Unit Second Time