Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Head Unit Second Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 11:02 AM
BarnacleSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got the unit installed. Mine actually came with a MOST adapter but no rear view camera lol. I did grab a camera off amazon for cheap and will see how big of a pain it is to install before going through with it. The Most Adapter that was included with my package worked great with no issues. The unit itself looks awesome, the volume button is a little fidgety but everything works fine and carplay is pretty seamless. I havent figured out how to update the theme though and the theme it comes with is a little lame. I deleted all the apps in chinese cause i had no idea what they were for.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:59 PM
PLPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does it look with regards to the fitment in the bottom corners? That is the only reason I haven't actually ordered it yet. I keep hesitating thinking that will bother me once it's installed. Some pics haven't looked quite as off as others. Also, I'm thinking of buying the volume ***** from suncoast so they match existing ones and swapping them out. Do they look like the same size as oem ones?

Last edited by PLPorsche; 11-01-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:14 PM
BarnacleSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PLPorsche
How does it look with regards to the fitment in the bottom corners? That is the only reason I haven't actually ordered it yet. I keep hesitating thinking that will bother me once it's installed. Some pics haven't looked quite as off as others. Also, I'm thinking of buying the volume ***** from suncoast so they match existing ones and swapping them out. Do they look like the same size as oem ones?

Ill check on the *****. Thats a solid idea though to get them matching to OEM. Heres a photo. The fitment in the bottom corner doesnt bother me but its also not perfect.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:18 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

the oem ***** wont fit - they are 20-22 mm in size and use a diff shape connector
Old 11-07-2022, 02:09 AM
PLPorsche
Rennlist Member

After seeing videos and tutorials I've decided the backup camera wiring seems like more effort than it's worth. Do you think there is room for this wireless backup camera receiver to fit there behind the installed headunit? Looks like it's about 3 inches or so in length.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541CAM...r-CAM-WLP.html

Old 11-10-2022, 03:32 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

you can put that device behind the head unit cavity.

id also do the physical reverse camera wiring - its not that bad.

After seeing videos and tutorials I've decided the backup camera wiring seems like more effort than it's worth. Do you think there is room for this wireless backup camera receiver to fit there behind the installed headunit? Looks like it's about 3 inches or so in length.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541CAM...r-CAM-WLP.html

Old 11-10-2022, 04:39 PM
BarnacleSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
you can put that device behind the head unit cavity.

id also do the physical reverse camera wiring - its not that bad.
is there a special way to wire it so it turns on when in reverse?
Old 11-10-2022, 04:54 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BarnacleSteve
is there a special way to wire it so it turns on when in reverse?
all decks have a reverse trigger input wire.

you can feed the reverse trigger from
- the tail light (black + blue wire)
- kick panel wire loom (black + blue wire) - altho some .1s such as my 2005 doesnt seem to have it despite the schematics.
- for 997.2 (not .1) the reverse trigger successfully comes right out of the canBus adapter (digital -> analog signal) - as some .2 cars (definately the pdks) have an electronic reverse signal. The Canbus reverse signal output is hit and miss as doesnt seem to be read on the .1s

Last edited by myw; 11-10-2022 at 09:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rael (12-30-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 06:07 PM
BarnacleSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
all decks have a reverse trigger input wire.

you can feed the reverse trigger from
- the tail light (black + blue wire)
- kick panel wire loom (black + blue wire) - altho some .1s such as my 2005 doesnt seem to have it despite the schematics.
- for 997.2 (not .1) the reverse trigger successful comes right out of the canBus adapter - as some .2 cars (definately the pdks) have an electronic reverse signal. The Canbus reverse signal output is hit and miss (doesnt seem to be read on the .1s).
thank you!!!
Old 11-17-2022, 01:38 PM
hehe
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received my Jiutree unit and am preparing to install it.

OP said he connected his Enfig microphone to this unit.
But I don't see any microphone jack.
Could you elaborate?

Last edited by hehe; 11-18-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:51 PM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The microphone jack is located in the AV input and output harness,
hehe (11-19-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 07:48 AM
Larry Platas
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual

I have the same unit installed. Just getting back to finishing this weekend. Stupid question any manual out there in English that shows the functionality of the radio?

Let's start easy how do u get it to recognize your phone. Please excuse the basic question.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2022, 02:18 AM
Silverbullet911
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

For an iPhone, ensure your Bluetooth is activated on your phone, press the Bluetooth app on you head unit and the second icon is a magnify “search”, press and a list of Bluetooth pairing devices will appear. Choose your iPhone, this will commence the pairing process. Pairing code will be requested on your iPhone. Enter 0000, should pair.

For CarPlay, navigate to the CapPlay section in settings on the iPhone. iPhone will automatically search for TLink. Authorize TLink, this will CarPlay enable the head unit.

On another note, if your head unit randomly crashes and restarts, this is caused by way of the Theme app that has been factory installed. GPS on this app conflicts with other location apps. Turn off or remove app. Carwebguru or other theme apps are more flexible and customizable.

Side loaded TLink newer version 1.8.8 with wireless Android Auto. Works.

hehe (11-25-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 12:51 AM
Catt
3rd Gear

Hi Silver Bullet

I am installing my head unit it lights up, connects, easy to use, but I have no sound? it came with the most 3 abaptor and although no instructions what so ever, it seems to be easy to install but can’t get any sound from speakers.

The most unit came with three wires that I connected to battery, acc and ground as labeled, but still nothing thought the speakers? can't believe my only option was you ask yourself. Sorry.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:30 AM
hehe
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m not Silver Bullet, but installed it just last week, so maybe I can help.

The most unit converts analog audio to glasfiber signal.
So you are sure you took the protective cap of the MOST unit and plugged the orange glasfiber wire (that was plugged in your old headunit) and plugged it in the MOST unit?

and the red and white connectors are connected to the connectors that come from the new unit and are labeled R.OUT and L.OUT (not IN)

Last edited by hehe; 11-26-2022 at 03:48 AM.

Quick Reply: New Head Unit Second Time