Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 10:10 PM
Bodacious
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks. I would rather trade her for a Spyder, but we’ll see what happens.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:51 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by cbracerx
I’m considering getting a GTS and selling my 997.1 GT3. So I will be following along to see what the market is like.
Just curious about your reason. I haven't seen many if any GT3 owners trading down to something that's by most are considered less. Maybe the same reason I own a GTS instead of a GT3. Mine is my daily driver and I think the GTS is a nice compromise being a step up from a base, S or 4S but below the GT3 which I don't think makes for a great daily driver. Doable of course but not sensible imo.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:43 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,487 Likes on 4,129 Posts

I’m considering getting a GTS and selling my 997.1 GT3. So I will be following along to see what the market is like.
Before you give up that motor and chassis, if it's a little too stiff, add the TPC DSC box and customize the suspension parameters. Personally, I think you'd be crazy to do that unless you need the rear seats or are trying to pocket $30k while the GT3 market is hot.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:13 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Just curious about your reason. I haven't seen many if any GT3 owners trading down to something that's by most are considered less. Maybe the same reason I own a GTS instead of a GT3. Mine is my daily driver and I think the GTS is a nice compromise being a step up from a base, S or 4S but below the GT3 which I don't think makes for a great daily driver. Doable of course but not sensible imo.
I made this move…wanted something more usable as a daily in the summer months. The seats in the car also dictate a fair bit to its overall character and all my GT3s had buckets. I’m not tracking much at all these days either. My kids also regularly are in the GTS. I’ve PPFed the backs of the front seats. Also the service costs on a GT3 I found to be much higher if you are really putting miles on the car.

I do miss a GT3 motor and sound though.

Last edited by STALKER99; 01-24-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:23 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

As another former .2 GT3 owner who went to a GTS, my unsolicited advice is to don't do it unless you absolutely have to. GT3s are very special and I didn't appreciate that until after mine was gone. I sold my GT3 because of the firm suspension, rough ride, noise level, stiff clutch, etc. But these are all part of the overall experience and totally worth it for what the car gives back in the total experience. I actually tried to buy my GT3 back but the new owner wisely declined. Now the prices are so high that I can't justify the price of entry. It's not as if a GTS is a bad alternative but no matter how much you modify, it will never be close to a GT3 driving experience. DM me if you want to discuss and I can share more. Of all the 911s I've owned (4 aircooled and 3 watercooled), the GT3 is the biggest regret and the one that I consider irreplaceable.

The following 3 users liked this post by Busta Rib:
Joe Cho (02-19-2022), Ohio Performance (01-24-2022), prost893 (02-02-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 12:31 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,487 Likes on 4,129 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
As another former .2 GT3 owner who went to a GTS, my unsolicited advice is to don't do it unless you absolutely have to. GT3s are very special and I didn't appreciate that until after mine was gone. I sold my GT3 because of the firm suspension, rough ride, noise level, stiff clutch, etc. But these are all part of the overall experience and totally worth it for what the car gives back in the total experience. I actually tried to buy my GT3 back but the new owner wisely declined. Now the prices are so high that I can't justify the price of entry. It's not as if a GTS is a bad alternative but no matter how much you modify, it will never be close to a GT3 driving experience. DM me if you want to discuss and I can share more. Of all the 911s I've owned (4 aircooled and 3 watercooled), the GT3 is the biggest regret and the one that I consider irreplaceable.
Listen to this man !
Old 01-24-2022, 12:48 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

of course we can all agree that cbracerx has own definition of what ownership experience is best. Maybe a calmer more civilized daily driver is needed / wanted.
All of those details listed above are good examples / reasons why.

BUT,... I do also agree that once you have that summation-greater-than-parts GT3 Mezger experience,... you "should" never really want to let it go.

So sell something else first (your house, your kids, your spouse,... SOMETHING) in order to ADD the GTS, and live with both for a while.

In addition, I also agree to add the TPC DSC and see if that smooths things out too. Michael L & Tom are right here in my backyard, and their knowledge on how to make the car do what YOU want it to do, is one of the best in the country.

Good luck with your decisions!
The following 2 users liked this post by bweSteve:
cbracerx (01-25-2022), prost893 (02-02-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 04:45 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
A lightly modified .2 C4S with 42K miles and MT recently sold on Pcar for $78k + fee (https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-carrera-4s-3/). With folding bucket seats alone, that car would be worth $85K. MT cars typically get a $5-10K premium so adjust accordingly for PDK cars.
Hey, Busta!
I finally checked out the link to the 2009 C4S above.

Couple points:
That car was a unicorn 6MT wide-body 4S with many, many mods- an OEM GT3 front bumper, IPD intake plenum, Sharkwerks X-pipe, front and rear cameras, Forgeline wheels and (from pictures, but not on the build sheet) an added OEM PSE.

Not my def of "lightly modified".

It also has some very cool OEM options like full-leather, Sport Chrono, PDLS, 18-way *** heated seats and $2K of aluminum interior trim- steering wheel, foot rest and rear console.

Add in full PPF coverage with flalwess paint beneath, Bose, Universal Audio Interface, Bluetooth phone and full maintenance documentation...and almost 30K fewer miles than sandwedge's car- hard to use that sale price against anything else.

sandwedge's is, of course, a GTS, PDK, RWD, 69K miles with folding buckets...not any apples to apples comps there.

All that said, we both came up with the same valuation for his modded 997 GTS, independently.
What are the odds of that?

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 01-24-2022 at 04:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
prost893 (02-02-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 05:17 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

It's fun to play these valuation games. I would be curious to see what Sandwedge would actually get for his car if he sold. I do believe, all things being equal, GTS > 4GTS. To me, a 4GTS is effectively a 4S with the engine package. Gross oversimplification, but as a GTS buyer who considered both, that was the way I shopped and why the 4GTS was not as compelling to justify the premium over a like 4S. Interestingly, the engine package was a $16K option back in the day, and was included for "free" in a GTS/4GTS! You effectively got that package at a big discount in the equivalent GTS model. Based on that alone, my logic is totally flawed. So like everything else I put out there, take it for what it's worth, which is not much, if anything.

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Hey, Busta!
I finally checked out the link to the 2009 C4S above.

Couple points:
That car was a unicorn 6MT wide-body 4S with many, many mods- an OEM GT3 front bumper, IPD intake plenum, Sharkwerks X-pipe, front and rear cameras, Forgeline wheels and (from pictures, but not on the build sheet) an added OEM PSE.

Not my def of "lightly modified".

It also has some very cool OEM options like full-leather, Sport Chrono, PDLS, 18-way *** heated seats and $2K of aluminum interior trim- steering wheel, foot rest and rear console.

Add in full PPF coverage with flalwess paint beneath, Bose, Universal Audio Interface, Bluetooth phone and full maintenance documentation...and almost 30K fewer miles than sandwedge's car- hard to use that sale price against anything else.

sandwedge's is, of course, a GTS, PDK, RWD, 69K miles with folding buckets...not any apples to apples comps there.

All that said, we both came up with the same valuation for his modded 997 GTS, independently.
What are the odds of that?
The following 2 users liked this post by Busta Rib:
Liste-Renn (01-24-2022), ThomasCarreraGTS (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 05:23 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,345 Likes on 612 Posts

I agree, whomever buys sandwedge's GTS will get a great car with killer wheels and seats.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:48 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I made this move…wanted something more usable as a daily in the summer months. The seats in the car also dictate a fair bit to its overall character and all my GT3s had buckets. I’m not tracking much at all these days either. My kids also regularly are in the GTS. I’ve PPFed the backs of the front seats. Also the service costs on a GT3 I found to be much higher if you are really putting miles on the car.

I do miss a GT3 motor and sound though.
Makes a lot of sense. Thx.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:52 AM
maekwl
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 64 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1286736

2011 white pdk w/ 26k miles for 82,500$
Old 01-25-2022, 04:51 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

@sandwedge are you selling?!? You and I are the long time GTS holders here. also semi masochistic with our sport buckets.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:18 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks to all who replied to my "joining in" post. Didn't expect that To elaborate a bit, I don't have a problem with how the GT3 rides/sounds/etc. Love it all. The reason I'm considering a move to a GTS is to get both a track car and a nice street 911 for what the GT3 would sell for. So in effect cashing out on the high GT3 sales prices, although that trend may have already peaked. I haven't driven a GTS, but have driven plenty of 997 base and S models. Full disclosure I have a very small pcar mod/maint/restoration business and have been in PCA as an instructor for "a while now." Was in the 2nd PCA race ever, etc. So I like my track time. But it has been very spotty the past 15 years.

Since I'm considering getting to the track as a driver more often and having a near/dedicated track car (951 for example) would be ideal for that, and still wanting a nice 997.2 (my fav) the GTS seemed to fit the bill. They are experiencing their own run up in prices so maybe it's not an ideal time to buy. But life is movin' along, so climb aboard!

Last edited by cbracerx; 01-25-2022 at 05:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (01-27-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:46 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

I sure would hate to see him do that, but it’s his choice to make. If his car was any color besides black, I’d try to snap it up!

Originally Posted by nwGTS
@sandwedge are you selling?!? You and I are the long time GTS holders here. also semi masochistic with our sport buckets.

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web