Sponsored by:

Absolutely Gorgeous 997 GTS on B.A.T

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 02:09 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by fayraree
Congratulations, she’s absolutely gorgeous! Just picked mine up in October, 2012 4 GTS Cabrio 6 spd with 23k miles. Parked for the NJ winter, can’t wait to being her out in the spring!

Some pics, as well as a goodie that came in the mail today!

Heard this center muffler delete does wonders for making the exhaust sound even more intoxicating with sport exhaust on or off!
Beautiful car and a rare one too. I don't have the hard numbers here but I think manual 4 GTS cabs were produced in lower numbers than any other 997 GTS. Those red centerlocks look tasty too. Wonder how they would look on my black GTS. And great choice on the Sharkwerks pipes. Yes, it does wonders for the exhaust note. I obviously haven't heard them all but combined with the PSE I think it's one of the best exhaust combinations available for the 997. I leave mine in quiet mode as I sneak in and out of my neighborhood but other than that the button with the exhaust pipes is always lit.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Beautiful car and a rare one too. I don't have the hard numbers here but I think manual 4 GTS cabs were produced in lower numbers than any other 997 GTS.
Don't know how many were manual vs PDK, or 4s vs 2s but there were fewer GTS cabs than coupes.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Petza914
Don't know how many were manual vs PDK, or 4s vs 2s but there were fewer GTS cabs than coupes.

Great stats. Thanks for posting (saved). Looks like there were 1,813 GTS cabs built and only about half as many 4 GTS cabs at 957. As for manual vs. PDK, all we can do is guess based on the anecdotal 80% PDK vs. 20% manual ratio that's posted both here and elsewhere. If that's somewhere close to the actual numbers then only about 191 4 GTS cabs were built.

Was also surprised to see that C4S' and C2S's were built in almost identical numbers. Would have thought C2S's would have outnumbered C4S's by a good margin. Lastly, what the hell is a "China Style Edition"? Never heard of it.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:59 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
Great to see pics of other 997 GTSs. It’s an ultra-small community here of an ultra-small population of cars and owners. Love to hear about other cars and their stories!
Agreed, love reading abt others too! I was actually looking for C4S cab 6MT X51 for the longest time but I decided to pick this bad boy up when it came up in the market.
Beautiful car and a rare one too. I don't have the hard numbers here but I think manual 4 GTS cabs were produced in lower numbers than any other 997 GTS. Those red centerlocks look tasty too. Wonder how they would look on my black GTS. And great choice on the Sharkwerks pipes. Yes, it does wonders for the exhaust note. I obviously haven't heard them all but combined with the PSE I think it's one of the best exhaust combinations available for the 997. I leave mine in quiet mode as I sneak in and out of my neighborhood but other than that the button with the exhaust pipes is always lit.
Thank you! Came with the red center locks and I think I’ll see how black center locks make me feel, although you won’t notice the center lock as well. Although it’s totally normal to have more coupes than cabs in any model I think demand plays a big factor and based on my research, GTS coupes seem to be the most desirable. Not gonna lie, though, when I saw those global numbers it helped me further rationalize my decision to my wife lol. She’s a keeper!
Great stats. Thanks for posting (saved). Looks like there were 1,813 GTS cabs built and only about half as many 4 GTS cabs at 957. As for manual vs. PDK, all we can do is guess based on the anecdotal 80% PDK vs. 20% manual ratio that's posted both here and elsewhere. If that's somewhere close to the actual numbers then only about 191 4 GTS cabs were built.

Was also surprised to see that C4S' and C2S's were built in almost identical numbers. Would have thought C2S's would have outnumbered C4S's by a good margin. Lastly, what the hell is a "China Style Edition"? Never heard of it.
wow 1 of 191 globally and then you factor in 2011 vs 2012 and I can’t believe I own it!!! Will be a balance of enjoyment to the limit and maintenance for the next owner in term of resale value! Meteor Grey optioned with carbon fiber sills and body-color painted seat backs add to the rarity.

I looked up China style on Wikipedia and it was a special version released for the Chinese market to celebrate an anniversary of doing business in China, one of Porsche’s biggest markets. There are special emblems in the car and colors I think, that’s all.

Last edited by fayraree; 01-10-2021 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:35 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fayraree
wow 1 of 191 globally and then you factor in 2011 vs 2012 and I can’t believe I own it!!! Will be a balance of enjoyment to the limit and maintenance for the next owner in term of resale value! Meteor Grey optioned with carbon fiber sills and body-color painted seat backs add to the rarity.

I looked up China style on Wikipedia and it was a special version released for the Chinese market to celebrate an anniversary of doing business in China, one of Porsche’s biggest markets. There are special emblems in the car and colors I think, that’s all.
Well, believe it and cherish. As for the 191 number, as I said it's based on the commonly referred to 80% PDK vs 20% manuals respectively. I don't know that there's a way to find the exact ratio for this but based on what's for sale on the market I wouldn't doubt that it's close. Or look at it this way, even if you went way out of the widely accepted estimate of the 80/20 ratio and went to 50/50, you still own one of only some 450 cars produced.

Thanks for the China Edition info btw. Kind of thought it was something like that. Like the black edition. No meaningful improvements but just some paint here and there plus a plaque and there's a new edition.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:18 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 542 Posts

Wow

https://mart.pca.org/ads/50537
The following users liked this post:
soundbehindyou (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 11:15 AM
997.2GTS
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

This looks suspiciously like the GTS that sold for $109K on BAT. EDIT - that was $126K, oops: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-13/

"I will consider offers above $160K until 9/15/2021 @ 10P"

better hurry!

Last edited by 997.2GTS; 09-13-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.2GTS
This looks suspiciously like the GTS that sold for $109K on BAT. EDIT - that was $126K, oops: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-13/

better hurry!
Lol, ridicul****ingless!
Old 09-13-2021, 01:19 PM
Billup
Burning Brakes

Received 593 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, ridicul****ingless!
"didn't buy with investment intentions"
"then drive for a couple summers."

Old 09-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,100 Likes on 411 Posts

The seller states if it doesn't sell by then, they will put it into storage and revisit next year. It's nice to be in a position where zero f*&ks are given. They know they have a rare car and all it takes is one buyer to want something unique. The collector world is completely foreign to me. If it sells, it will go to another collector who is also in a position of zero f*&ks. At that point, that car will likely never be driven much again. What a shame.

better hurry!
Old 09-13-2021, 02:52 PM
texass4
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
The seller states if it doesn't sell by then, they will put it into storage and revisit next year. It's nice to be in a position where zero f*&ks are given. They know they have a rare car and all it takes is one buyer to want something unique. The collector world is completely foreign to me. If it sells, it will go to another collector who is also in a position of zero f*&ks. At that point, that car will likely never be driven much again. What a shame.
Only time will tell, and I’m not necessarily “calling it” here, but this move has all of the hallmarks of the point where a rabid seller’s market comes to an end.

Bought recently for all the money at the sharpest point of the collector car marketplace outlet, then offered up for sale again months later for even more in sort of a sealed bid style.

I don’t know, but I can’t escape the tingling feeling that the elastic is getting stretched to the absolute max for this segment of the car world. …like we’ve seen this movie before.
997.2GTS (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 03:36 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

The GTS asking prices have passed what the value of the GTS model is for the utility gained over the C2S as a wide body RWD isn't worth $50k more than the same car 2" narrower and also comes with some features certain buyers would actually rather not have, like alcantara and centerlock wheels. A non GTS X51 car is rare so it does have that nice factory power gain going for it but I'd rather have 2 997s than one GTS.

My prediction is that the guy selling this car missed it and will get about what he paid for it. Maybe 4 months ago he would have made $10-$15k and putting it away for the winter once the bubble kind of pops won't being him more money, but rather less.
soundbehindyou (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:58 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 783 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
The GTS asking prices have passed what the value of the GTS model is for the utility gained over the C2S as a wide body RWD isn't worth $50k more than the same car 2" narrower and also comes with some features certain buyers would actually rather not have, like alcantara and centerlock wheels. A non GTS X51 car is rare so it does have that nice factory power gain going for it but I'd rather have 2 997s than one GTS.

My prediction is that the guy selling this car missed it and will get about what he paid for it. Maybe 4 months ago he would have made $10-$15k and putting it away for the winter once the bubble kind of pops won't being him more money, but rather less.
this is exactly why I moved on in 2/2018 when I decided to get a C2S over all other models. I initially ruled out daily driving a GT3. That is a whole other discussion based on subjective criteria. I decided on a GTS. Even in 2018, I feel like they were overpriced. I felt like a highly optioned C2S was the sweet spot in the 997 line up for a daily. All subjective but...now prices are bananas.

Last edited by jamesinger; 09-13-2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

better hurry!
Send him an offer for $120k at 10:01PM.

" I will select an offer and work with that potential buyer to complete their diligence and execute the transaction in a reasonable/efficient time frame. If I don’t get any offers that I deem acceptable, I will just put it in storage and revisit next year. PRINCIPALS ONLY."

It's probably the douchiest ad I've ever seen written. Oh my God I don't know how he will find the time to scroll through all these offers.

Revoke his PCA membership. Dude...get over it. You bought the car, and the blue color in person is kind of weird in person from what was stated. Who cares.

Sorry to hear about your *****.
The following 2 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
GlenGT3 (09-14-2021), maekwl (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 09:17 PM
texass4
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Send him an offer for $120k at 10:01PM.

" I will select an offer and work with that potential buyer to complete their diligence and execute the transaction in a reasonable/efficient time frame. If I don’t get any offers that I deem acceptable, I will just put it in storage and revisit next year. PRINCIPALS ONLY."

It's probably the douchiest ad I've ever seen written. Oh my God I don't know how he will find the time to scroll through all these offers.

Revoke his PCA membership. Dude...get over it. You bought the car, and the blue color in person is kind of weird in person from what was stated. Who cares.

Sorry to hear about your *****.
Whoa. But also, yeah…

Quick Reply: Absolutely Gorgeous 997 GTS on B.A.T