Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolutely Gorgeous 997 GTS on B.A.T

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020 | 09:52 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
Yes, I paid all the money for it, but to me it's worth it (provided it's what it presents to be in the photos and listing).

I was looking around at Carrera T's and 991.2 GTS cars for the past several months and this is in that same price bracket. And while those are amazing cars, this is a vastly more unique, appealing, and collectible car to me.

Why not buy a GT3 / GT3RS? For most Porsche-centric people, that is more rational. But I have small kids who love cars and this is a car they can also ride in and enjoy.

I wouldn't call it all the money. I would call it f*cking bad-***, unique, stunning, never to be found again, unicorn, who cares. It's not just a great color The condition and little details when it was ordered may well make it the finest example of a car that history is looking back on as an icon. If I didn't have mine I'd spring for it.
Old 12-14-2020 | 10:00 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

From one TB to another a big Congrats....no color like it!

Tom
Old 12-14-2020 | 10:22 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Amazing Auction price!!

Congrats to the buyer and seller for sure!!
Old 12-15-2020 | 02:48 AM
Aclmin
Instructor

I saw the car late last week, it’s completely as described (cosmetically at least).

Welcome to PTS anonymous.
Old 12-15-2020 | 10:36 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Congrats and welcome to the GTS club.
Old 12-17-2020 | 02:33 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator

Originally Posted by Petza914
My wife told me if another Porsche showed up I'd be looking for a new wife. I made the mistake of thinking out loud "that would free up 2 garage spots". She didn't find that nearly as funny as I did
Guess it depends on the wife. We recently added Porsche #7 to the stable and this one was her idea.

Originally Posted by Gene_GaTech
In this thread: grown men start talking about porsches and digress to purses.
My wife prefers those purses made out of old seatbelts:
https://shopharveys.com/collections/the-classics

.....and on that note

Old 12-17-2020 | 10:01 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Petza914
It's not what I personally would have bought for $130k, but that's the great thing about 997s - there's a model that appeals to almost everyone and they can be configured with so many options, they can all be fsilry unique.

Enjoy it.
Is it really super necessary to say something like this after dude purchased the car? We all can be a bit narcassistic at times. There are other options out there for mid $100s, but they are all 2 seat non Porsche options IMO if want better driving experience and GT3 is not one of them.

This GTS manual is the last of a naturally aspirated, raw and and enjoyable breed with more than enough performance for the street AND a back seat for kids!

Mint, unique and classy. Some like cheap old stuff with a lot of mods. Some like the best of the best or mint examples of something produced in a dang near perfect state that needs no mods.

Congrats to the purchaser. What an absolutely awesome find and just in time for the kids, young and old, to enjoy for Christmas.

The following users liked this post:
blakecam (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 11:01 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Well, unless you get a GT3 with backseats. I don’t think it’s so bad his comment. He did tell him what a nice car it was and to enjoy it after all. Heck, a lot of people here say they’d never get a Cab (which I have and love), but I don’t get bent outta shape because of it.

GT3 with backseats:
http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2...w-weird-right/

Originally Posted by Doug H
Is it really super necessary to say something like this after dude purchased the car? We all can be a bit narcassistic at times. There are other options out there for mid $100s, but they are all 2 seat non Porsche options IMO if want better driving experience and GT3 is not one of them.

This GTS manual is the last of a naturally aspirated, raw and and enjoyable breed with more than enough performance for the street AND a back seat for kids!

Mint, unique and classy. Some like cheap old stuff with a lot of mods. Some like the best of the best or mint examples of something produced in a dang near perfect state that needs no mods.

Congrats to the purchaser. What an absolutely awesome find and just in time for the kids, young and old, to enjoy for Christmas.
Doug H (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 01:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
Well, unless you get a GT3 with backseats. I don’t think it’s so bad his comment. He did tell him what a nice car it was and to enjoy it after all. Heck, a lot of people here say they’d never get a Cab (which I have and love), but I don’t get bent outta shape because of it.

GT3 with backseats:
http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2...w-weird-right/
Cool GT3. That ad was from 2012. $110k for a 2 year-old GT3 with an MSRP of $150,000 in 2012 is pretty crazy. I have read conflicting information about whether this this safe due to a reinforcement issue. I like the looks, seating position, feel and sound 430/458, Gallardo or V10 R8 versus GT3. Given GTS versus GT3? Turbo or GTS every time. Much more useable cars with more than sufficient performance for public streets.

I hear you on the cabs.
Carreralicious (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 01:24 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

I would be very happy with any of those cars you mentioned, including the GT3 whether with the back seats or not. In the meantime, I’m just enjoyin my cab.

Originally Posted by Doug H
Cool GT3. That ad was from 2012. $110k for a 2 year-old GT3 with an MSRP of $150,000 in 2012 is pretty crazy. I have read conflicting information about whether this this safe due to a reinforcement issue. I like the looks, seating position, feel and sound 430/458, Gallardo or V10 R8 versus GT3. Given GTS versus GT3? Turbo or GTS every time. Much more useable cars with more than sufficient performance for public streets.

I hear you on the cabs.
Old 12-17-2020 | 09:46 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Intermediate

I appreciate everyone's perspective and commentary, the deal is complete but transport logistics may take some time. Will join my Speed Yellow 993 and some vintage Corvettes. I have never had a 997 previously, we are looking forward to it.
The following 2 users liked this post by SupremeDeluxe:
andino (12-17-2020), blakecam (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 11:31 PM
99SevenFan
Rennlist Member

Congrats OP. I completely get why you got this car and the GT3 added the rear seats above. Such a great way to have fun with your kids...they can only fit in those back seats for so long.
Old 12-18-2020 | 08:04 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

I agree...the backseats are a cool feature of the 911. My son loves riding in the backseat with us, but only with the top down, as he’s getting bigger now, and also likes to put his arms in the air at speed to make it seem like he’s in a roller coaster. I always see folks in cars driving around us smile when they see that.
Old 01-05-2021 | 12:34 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

I appreciate everyone's perspective and commentary, the deal is complete but transport logistics may take some time. Will join my Speed Yellow 993 and some vintage Corvettes. I have never had a 997 previously, we are looking forward to it.

keep us posted and share a few pics of the delivery! Something I was thinking about and you may want to consider. This car probably still has the original tires, which are now probably 8-9 years old. If you drive gingerly, then they are probably ok, but if you plan to do any canyons or tracks, then please swap them out for fresh rubber. Think of a pencil eraser that has been sitting in a drawer unused for 8 years plus. that rubber is going to be hard and offer a lot less grip. Hate to say it but old tires that look new are still old and hard. They offer a lot less grip then their appearance might show. Just something to keep in mind!
Old 01-05-2021 | 01:49 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

I've been through a number of sports cars of different brands over the years including an early 1970 911T. If the GTS you bought won't rank at the top of your favorites or at least near the top there's something wrong with it. I bet you'll love it.
2011 911 GTS (01-06-2021)

Quick Reply: Absolutely Gorgeous 997 GTS on B.A.T