Sponsored by:

Mezger turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 10:29 AM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,507 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by sburke91
One of the litany of owners sure went a little nutty with the GT2 badging--it's everywhere.

Personally, I think they should have badged it "GT2-2". (GT-2, 2 pedals).
They didn't even offer the 997 GT2 (or 996 for that matter) with a Tiptronic did they? Later 991's had a PDK but a Tip was never used that I know of. Kind of blows the whole GT2 façade.

Perhaps a Gofundme for Jared to buy the car and do a three pedal conversion? It would keep us entertained, that's for sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by PV997:
fftfk (04-21-2023), jaredomin (04-19-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 10:53 AM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,507 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Honestly for what that car went through that is about as good of an outcome as I could imagine! Although the paint match on the rear bumper leaves a bit to be desired.

I do worry for a new owner who doesn’t look at the details and history though. Imagine buying that thing for a premium and then finding this thread 😂
Yikes, once you see it you can't unsee it, it's awful.

Looks like a helpful commenter named Castroen added a link to this thread over at Cars and Bids, plus Pete is pushing back on the "work done in Colorado" claim (that would have been the previous owner to Jared). Seller states he meant the engine work (welded coolant pipes I guess he means). Some wiseacre said the Rennlist thread should be listed under known flaws.

Not sure what to think about all this. If the seller made things right then this thread is really an unfair millstone (although we have no evidence he did other than cosmetically). OTOH, the seller glossed over the history as if Jared's ownership never happened and implied the conversion was done by the previous owner (Colorado). The listing has a bad smell about it.

Edit: The seller's take on all this:

all of the major and professional modifications and upgrades were done by a company called dart auto in Colorado. This other gentleman on the rennlist thread bought it front previous owner in CO who did everything correctly and spent a lot of $ on it, the guy from renn thread did not do anything other than an oil change I don’t think, I actually originally bought it from this guy on renn. The rear wheel drive conversion was also don professionally. I think once this guy realized how much work it was going to take He decided to sell it, so I then bought it from him and did a few things to it and then sold it and then I bought it back and finished it up as I should have done first time, cars very reliable and is very fast. Been very well care for, def One of my favs, thanks

Yeah, that's not my recollection of what happened in 35 pages on this car.

Last edited by PV997; 04-18-2023 at 11:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CAVU (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 09:55 PM
cdk4219
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 231 Posts

Yes there are some omissions with reciprocating saws and sketchy jacks.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:54 PM
jaredomin
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PV997
Yikes, Edit: The seller's take on all this:

all of the major and professional modifications. The rear wheel drive conversion was also don professionally. and is very fast. Been very well care for, def One of my favs, thanks

About fuggin time some one recognized me as a professional. Fug.
The following 2 users liked this post by jaredomin:
fftfk (04-21-2023), newtowny (04-21-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 02:58 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 98 Posts

Not sure what to think about all this. If the seller made things right then this thread is really an unfair millstone (although we have no evidence he did other than cosmetically). OTOH, the seller glossed over the history as if Jared's ownership never happened and implied the conversion was done by the previous owner (Colorado). The listing has a bad smell about it.
A friend of mine uses the term "lipstick on a pig". I think the listing for this one is squarely in that arena. Hopefully any potential buyers read this thread so they know what they're getting into. It'd be a fun car at the right price, but the seller's commentary is ripe for someone overpaying.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:29 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Hahaha. This was a good long thread read.
funny how the truth gets changed and muddied….
wonder what the car will sell for tomorrow….
poor mess. Too bad.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:40 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 277 Posts

I hope the buyer is someone who enjoys challenging Porsche projects AND has read this thread.

Otherwise, we may very well be welcoming a new member in a few weeks with lots of questions, over on the Turbo forum... unless

Jared buys it back and continues this "interesting" thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by CAVU:
1997997 (04-21-2023), Rig.Stunts (04-21-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 09:59 PM
jaredomin
Pro

for 27k i might just buy it
Old 04-20-2023, 10:27 PM
Cattywampus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone happen to know the selling dealer on C&B?
Carguy5s (12-03-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 10:33 PM
AMGM5S8
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No but from what I gather reading his other vehicle sales he seems to be a car dealer but acts as a collector of over 60 Porsches

his comments don’t add up as some vehicles are in other states.
Adams (04-22-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 10:42 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

The seller is starting to trip over his own story.

A few days ago:

"Three years ago, I have gotten the car inspected and gone through it not once, but twice, with two shops in my area"

Today:

"
Well, I have my own shops here so I don’t have invoices. I just do everything at my own cost and my own expense and time , but I had to redo the roof completely. I had to completely redo the rear wheel drive conversion. I had to redo some of the suspension, my guys also did a little bit of work on the transmission and cleaned up the motor a little bit."

"No, I didn’t take pictures or make any documents on stuff I fixed, this was just something I had my guys at the shop Do, I honestly did not intend on selling the car but I need to start selling some of my collection or I’m going to become a car hoarder! lol"
Adams (04-22-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 12:03 AM
jaredomin
Pro

They didn't even offer the 997 GT2 (or 996 for that matter) with a Tiptronic did they? Later 991's had a PDK but a Tip was never used that I know of. Kind of blows the whole GT2 façade.

Perhaps a Gofundme for Jared to buy the car and do a three pedal conversion? It would keep us entertained, that's for sure.

this car just makes sense for someone with one leg looking for the turbo gt experience.

Last edited by jaredomin; 04-21-2023 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:16 AM
jaredomin
Pro

You know, its really disappointing how many sissies there are floating there opinions around about this car.
You want to belittle my work? at the very least provide some logical reasoning for it. The chainsaw to the exhaust? ok fine. Did the car get a single knick or cut to the body? No. Just the exhaust was touched. Other than that, wrapping the roof like **** instead of painting it and maybe letting it sit outside. Please tell me what is so awful that transpired with this car. How about you go drive the dam thing before you flap your lips.
All you people are doing with your comments is showing how little you know about anything involving cars. All the current seller has to say about the car is that its fast as **** .
I hope someone buys it a can finally lay this all to rest. And the seller is full of dog **** ive done 97% of the work done to that car as it sits.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:30 AM
jaredomin
Pro

all the people saying “poor car “ are the same guys that don't know braking is the best part of a 911.

ugh.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:06 AM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaredomin
You know, its really disappointing how many sissies there are floating there opinions around about this car.
You want to belittle my work? at the very least provide some logical reasoning for it. The chainsaw to the exhaust? ok fine. Did the car get a single knick or cut to the body? No. Just the exhaust was touched. Other than that, wrapping the roof like **** instead of painting it and maybe letting it sit outside. Please tell me what is so awful that transpired with this car. How about you go drive the dam thing before you flap your lips.
All you people are doing with your comments is showing how little you know about anything involving cars. All the current seller has to say about the car is that its fast as **** .
I hope someone buys it a can finally lay this all to rest. And the seller is full of dog **** ive done 97% of the work done to that car as it sits.
My comments are all directed at the current seller's attempt to minimize/obscure all the work you did on the car. Having not seen the car in person, I can't comment on the quality, but it's clear he's trying to paper over the work you did, claiming it was done elsewhere. This lack of truthfulness seems to be, sadly, all too common in the sale of performance cars, which typically leaves the buyer in a bad spot.

Quick Reply: Mezger turbo!