Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 09:37 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet Rob, Looking forward to your impressions on it! Is the only thing you need the sleeves to make the GT2 suspension work on 6TT? I thought you need hats/adapters up top as well??

Sorry Jim, missed that it was your b day last week...happy belated birthday to you also!!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:43 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
And yes the plan is still to install GT2 coilovers into my dad's 6TT, might start making the upright sleeves readily available...
Cheers,
Rob
Let me know if you need the upright sleeves Rob. Ohlins look great btw... What spring rates are those?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:50 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

Takes a number of parts, but opens the horizons...
Upper mounts in front, sway bar mounts(Ohlins re-use them) front and rear(or go aftermarket link setup), front upright sleeves

Originally Posted by gophaster
Sweet Rob, Looking forward to your impressions on it! Is the only thing you need the sleeves to make the GT2 suspension work on 6TT? I thought you need hats/adapters up top as well??

Sorry Jim, missed that it was your b day last week...happy belated birthday to you also!!
I might take you up on that offer John, thanks! We are looking at machining our own, but having some pre-made could be the easy route...
Very happy with the Ohlins on initial impressions! Rates for the 6GT kit (POS MI10) are 70nm/140nm...400/800lb
Cheers,
Rob

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Let me know if you need the upright sleeves Rob. Ohlins look great btw... What spring rates are those?
Old 02-26-2016, 11:01 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
plan is still to install GT2 coilovers into my dad's 6TT, might start making the upright sleeves readily available...
Cheers,
Rob
Looking forward to this as well.

Originally Posted by gophaster
Thanks, no big deal as I didn't announce it . Once you get past (get it, past it)a certain age I dont really make a big deal out of it.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:41 PM
juanbenae
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a no front license plate fix it ticket today while on a mountain road drive. I happily signed the citation and took the VW on the moving violation promising to get that pesky plate mounted up front.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:50 PM
KC-CarGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

Changed my e-brake to match my shift ****.

The PO had installed a nice dark wood and silver shift ****, along with other silver trim pieces. The e-brake however was left stock. Why, I don't know why.

Easy DIY project using instructions found on Reenlist. My only recommendation, unplug your battery while doing the job. I left my doors open during the instal and killed my battery. When finished I put my key in to start the car - and nothing. YIKES! For a moment I thought I... broke something... disconnected something... something not replugged in correct. A quick phone call to KC-Attorney (he'd done the same project) revealed a possible dead battery. Yup that was it.

BEFORE

During

Complete!

Very happy with the final outcome. And it even works! (ha!)
Old 02-29-2016, 12:55 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts

^that is pretty odd choice to have the shifter in that color, but not the e-brake. Looks much better now for sure... the functional part is always a nice bonus

I peeled off window tint on the door glass that was put in by previous owner; it has seen better days for sure, but also probably 7-8 years on the car so considering that it was really good. Lot of fine scratches in the film. As a perfectionist, just wasn't good enough for me. Will be going to battle to remove the remainder of the glue residue this evening after work, then looking into getting the tint replaced.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

^ I need to look into that e brake, looks nice.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:51 PM
danspach
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KC-CarGuy

The PO had installed a nice dark wood and silver shift ****, along with other silver trim pieces. The e-brake however was left stock. Why, I don't know why.

So you have the graphite grey too? I'd love to see a shot of your whole interior. Trying to decide how best to tone mine down a bit. I have carbon trim but that's about it. The rest is GREEEEEEEY. Black floor mats was on my list along with a few other things.

-----

Back on-topic, I took my car for my first real drive. (non-test drive. non-milk run). Some QT with the TT as it were. Had two front tires installed (to match the rears), paired the key with my seat/mirror settings (so much better), loaded up the cd-changer (oddly satisfying...as part of making the car my own) and put gas in it for the first time.

My first real experience with the 4th to 3rd WOT and welll....now I get it.

It did confirm my disdain for the stock shifter, though. I need less "da-doink" and more "snick-snick". Ordered up the regular 997 shifter along with a new third brake light.

Name:  on%20the%20rack_zpsmrditdj6.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  215.9 KB

Name:  rear%20three%20qtr_zps7mmw1ols.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  starting%20mileage_zpspbpskaoe.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  finally%20on%20the%20road_zpsgqxfbelm.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  246.6 KB
Old 02-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danspach
So you have the graphite grey too? I'd love to see a shot of your whole interior. Trying to decide how best to tone mine down a bit. I have carbon trim but that's about it. The rest is GREEEEEEEY. Black floor mats was on my list along with a few other things.

-----

[/IMG][/URL]
I have the same gray too with black floor mats, but my center console is painted body color. If you want some pics, let me know.

-Jason
Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 PM
danspach
Instructor

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I have the same gray too with black floor mats, but my center console is painted body color. If you want some pics, let me know.

-Jason
Hey Jason, that would be great. Thanks. Looking for ideas of what it could look like.

If you want to email them to me, I'm at

danspach@optonline.net
Old 02-29-2016, 11:06 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by KC-CarGuy

Easy DIY project using instructions found on Reenlist. My only recommendation, unplug your battery while doing the job. I left my doors open during the instal and killed my battery. When finished I put my key in to start the car - and nothing. YIKES! For a moment I thought I... broke something... disconnected something... something not replugged in correct. A quick phone call to KC-Attorney (he'd done the same project) revealed a possible dead battery. Yup that was it.

Lookin' good Stan!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:13 PM
BillZ260
Instructor

New set of Rear Potenzas, with the all the rain we've been having. They lasted right at 10,000 miles of DD, and a brake fluid flush at the local dealer.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Lazyeye1261
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light housing L&R

Left and right brake light housing both in great shape. Best offer

Old 03-11-2016, 11:00 AM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm doing track day prep this afternoon for my first DE with this car (tomorrow!)

Also going to swap in new diverter valves in hopes of eliminating P0492- "insufficient flow secondary air system - bank 2" which popped up last week. Checked everything else in secondary air system this past weekend, and while it seems odd to me that failed diverter can cause this issue, apparently its common from reading several threads. We shall see. Apparently a DV swap can be a special kind of hell. I'm very mechanically inclined so Im hoping its not going to be too bad....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?