What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Likewise up north.

Looking forward to my Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alberta BC, run in a few weeks.
@2fcknfst Oh? When is this happening?
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,040 Likes on 3,071 Posts

Probably not until August; waiting on a job to materialize first - have to justify the drive...
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Probably not until August; waiting on a job to materialize first - have to justify the drive...
I was fixin on taking my TT to the upper penninsula of michigan sometime this August.

i may have to troll you in Montana instead

Those k24s might be hard to keep up with!
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vtec_
I was fixin on taking my TT to the upper penninsula of michigan sometime this August.

i may have to troll you in Montana instead

Those k24s might be hard to keep up with!
I'm planning on taking this, the turbo will not be on the road this season, with the exception of the Porsche show coming up.

You are very welcome to try and troll it...

Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,812 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Been dialing in the Polar Turbo with a few changes... Refreshed the KW suspension, moved to 18" Apex wheels, played with the sway bar and suspension settings, and a few other tweaks. Just put on a set of X51 tips today I was able to source. Still up, install the GT3 carbon buckets I've been hoarding for a while!

The Arctic Turbo? while not cosmetically as pristine as Polar, it is just magic in how it drives, so I'm not screwing with it much.

And just because...

Throwing up a picture from last weekends four day mountain rally. Brought the 720S, not a Turbo, and it was awesome! One of the very few cars I enjoy driving as much as a well sorted, properly dialed 996 Turbo.

Last edited by pfbz; Yesterday at 11:29 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by pfbz:
Capt. Obvious (Today), jpflip (Today), TheDeckMan (Today), vtec_ (Today)
Old Today, 03:00 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

I was driving in 110 deg heat at 10 mph and noticed the temp climbing a little above normal. i checked and my right fan was dead. In the last week i replace the right fan and booth front axels. about a year ago i had notice one outer CV boot had a slight crack. When i pulled them out all 4 were cracked and spewing grease. So I feel good that it is in better shape bur it is one of those projects where the car doesn't drive any better afterwards, so kind of disappointing. At least i am not carrying around the bucket full of grasshoppers that were stuffed into the front of my car. i drove through a grass hopper plague near Beal AFB couple of weeks ago. Enough of them that the road turned red and got slippery.
Old Today, 06:33 PM
QwikKotaTX
Burning Brakes

Received 163 Likes on 114 Posts

I am in need of a slave cylinder accumulator. Is there a worry of these going bad sitting on the shelf or is their failure mode only from line pressure?
Old Today, 06:38 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

For some reason, your post is very dim.
Old Today, 07:02 PM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
I was driving in 110 deg heat at 10 mph and noticed the temp climbing a little above normal. i checked and my right fan was dead. In the last week i replace the right fan and booth front axels. about a year ago i had notice one outer CV boot had a slight crack. When i pulled them out all 4 were cracked and spewing grease. So I feel good that it is in better shape bur it is one of those projects where the car doesn't drive any better afterwards, so kind of disappointing. At least i am not carrying around the bucket full of grasshoppers that were stuffed into the front of my car. i drove through a grass hopper plague near Beal AFB couple of weeks ago. Enough of them that the road turned red and got slippery.
When its above 90 degrees here, I notice that my car runs a bit hotter than normal..the gauge goes slightly above halfway if I have the AC on and im in traffic, sometimes without it. Once I get going it will drop. I needto do some datalogging but im guessing this is normal? Both of my fans work so I could potentially have air in the coolant system?

Old Today, 08:24 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Have you had your font facia off and inspected the radiators and condensers? Mine were seriously full of stuff, like a 5 gal bucket filled almost half way. This is the second time i have cleaned it out.
Old Today, 08:25 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Mine are pretty clean, what are you driving through?
Old Today, 09:41 PM
vtec_
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Have you had your font facia off and inspected the radiators and condensers? Mine were seriously full of stuff, like a 5 gal bucket filled almost half way. This is the second time i have cleaned it out.
Yes, its all clean. I removed a ton of debris too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?