Sponsored by:

INSTALLED PSI 480 ECU !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 AM
collin996tt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
I might have missed it, but was this modded car get together some kind of "throw down the gauntlet", all or nothing, reschedule work and personal obligations kind of day?
as a matter of fact it was that kind of day and you blew it!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:25 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by collin996tt
really? was i suppose to feel it?

j/k

GIAC rocks at 5500 rpm!
Wish I'd known that the entire time you had it you hated it Wish you'd have told us man.. we'd have flashed you back to stock!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Dock,
Since you are a pilot ?? You should be well aware of your schedule ahead of time!!!
This was for fun and a little bit of ribbing and since the Rennlisters have overwhelmingly
used GIAC programming the last couple of years we want to see how the
PSI 480 (measly little 480 car with no exhaust), stacks up against the GIAC stage 2.
Same conditions, same everything, side by side.
MK
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by collin996tt
robyn, when r u going to track ur car?
Not sure...would be fun to go soon.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodster
Since you are a pilot ?? You should be well aware of your schedule ahead of time!!!
Yes I'm a pilot, and no I'm not always well aware of my schedule ahead of time. Are you inferring that I wasn't working?

I don't remember seeing posts by GIAC powered Turbo owners claiming that their cars are faster than Turbos with other tuner software installed. Have you seen that represented here on this Forum?

Since you've already made your decision about which software to go with, why are you so interested in GIAC?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Dock,
I am sorry for being sarcastic, were are only trying to learn something and have a little fun.
(ask anybody around my area and they know I am a Porsche FANATIC to the sickness levels,
and I this summer at a car show the first thing I did was go up and taunt all the viper guys
sitting in a group!!). Just very curious how the lowly, underrated, underappreciated PSI
software really stacks up against GIAC, thats all. I would like you to meet up with those guys
and drive each others cars and see what you think, (and maybe a little side by side high speed
"hijinks")
Good luck,
Marty K.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just very curious how the lowly, underrated, underappreciated PSI software really stacks up against GIAC, thats all.

Why is it that you consider your software lowly, underrated, and under appreciated?

And why do you care how your software stacks up versus other software? Will you dump your PSI and buy a different upgrade if GIAC (or another tuner's software) is marginally faster? Are you not happy with PSI??
Old 10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I am willing to bet there is no appreciable difference.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oak
I am willing to bet there is no appreciable difference.
I agree.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Totally satisfied with the PSI products thus far, much better bang for buck than all
my previous mods on my 993TT!!
sidenote: I would love to see how GIAC/EVOMS gets 510 H.P. out of k-16's ??!!! (these little turbos
normally get a little "wheezy" above 500 H.P)
and I would love to see exactly how GIAC 510 H.P. compares against PSI 480
and if someone knows of a GIAC car in my area have them call me and I will shut up!
Marty
Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
KPG
Pro

Marty, here are some hard facts about EVO! I went with the EVO stage1 because I have a dealer within 10 miles of my house, and I wanted to spend as little time with my vehicle down as possible... convenience factor was high in the purchasing decision. I took a bone stock 01TT to the dragstrip with stock exhaust and just the stage1 kit and turned a 12.0012@117.74 in the 1/4. The GIAC came with .0013 of getting in the 11's. If you read the current issue of Automobile they compare the GT, hardtop SRT10 Viper, and new Z06. My car beat the SRT10 by .4, the GT by.2 and tied the Z06. I will post the timeslips for all the cynics out there. I do not like getting in these ridiculous debates because it is your car, your money...your decision! I think we all know enough about cars, weight and ET's to realize a full weight TT approx 3450# and me 230# needs a solid 500hp to turn a flat 12.00 and to trap consistently in the 117mph range. To say the GIAC does not work as advertised is incorrect. To bash PSI is also not correct. Cheers, Kevin. I am going out to dinner... I will accept my lumps later tonight!
Attached Images    
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Woodster
Drifting

This is very impressive!!
now, this is perfect weather for dragging turbos...
Milan Dragway in Centerline, MI October 19, 2005 low temp == 37 degrees
high temp = 59 degrees (average 48 degrees)
GIAC does have good Race gas programs as part of their package,
please tell us what octane (race gas) you were running?
Very impressive in any event,
congrats, it sounds like you made a wise choice!
Marty
Old 10-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

GIAC does have good Race gas programs as part of their package, please tell us what octane (race gas) you were running?
Does GIAC Stage 1 have a "race gas option" available?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Craig.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marty,

Your passive-aggressive disparagement of GIAC, and insatiable desire to prove that PSI is superior to GIAC, is counter-productive and boring. You selected PSI and you are happy with it. Dock selected GIAC and he is happy with it. That’s all that matters. Dock is aware of your open invitation to race. I’m sure he will contact you if he is interested and has the time. Why do you continue to openly harass and challenge Dock? Why do you feel compelled to undermine any positive comments concerning GIAC (e.g., suggesting that positive performance results are the product of race gas, rather than quality programming)? Take note that the GIAC users are not denigrating PSI, regardless of which product they perceive as superior. Rather, the GIAC customers are exhibiting positive mutual respect . . . you should try it!

Give it a rest and enjoy your car, just as Dock is enjoying his car.

Craig
Old 10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
KPG
Pro

Marty, you responded in my other thread about this outing to the track and all the details were posted. MI weather, cool, clear mid 50's. You could not ask for better turbo weather. Stock Continentals with stock pressure. Sunoco 94 and it does not have the "race" program although I am considering it. I can post my invoice from Auto Europe in Birmingham, MI specifying the EVO stage 1, flashloader and 4 hrs labor for 3150$ if you would like. I have been to the track more times than I can count, and clearly this was the ideal conditions to post such a time. Back to the issue at hand, we all chose these cars for some particular reason, and that reason is wide and varied. If you buy PSI and are happy with the price and performance, I am honestly happy for you because it is your car, money and decision to make...not mine or anyone else on this board. A healthy debate is a good thing, because CONSTRUCTIVE input from others is great, especially since I can not afford to try GIAC, PSI and Upsolute in a search for the best performing program. I wish I lived closer to you because I would like to drive your car and you drive mine. If your car spanked mine from one side of the street to the other it wouldn't bother me in the least. I would not gloat if the tables were turned. I learned a long time ago, no matter how fast your car is there is always someone faster...and usually he is at the traffic light next to you! Kevin

Quick Reply: INSTALLED PSI 480 ECU !!