INSTALLED PSI 480 ECU !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Bill in Atlanta
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Dock,

If you would like to see how a PSI stage 1 chip compares to your "Stage 2+ Evo Airbox +EP2 Loud", please let me know. I would be glad to compare and let you drive my car.

I find it funny that every time someone posts a positive response on PSI, there are a hundred questions regarding the product. I, along with several others have the PSI Stage 1 chip and am very happy with the results.

Bill
Old 10-18-2005, 11:18 AM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Bill in Atlanta]Dock,

If you would like to see how a PSI stage 1 chip compares to your "Stage 2+ Evo Airbox +EP2 Loud", please let me know. I would be glad to compare and let you drive my car.

I find it funny that every time someone posts a positive response on PSI, there are a hundred questions regarding the product. I, along with several others have the PSI Stage 1 chip and am very happy with the results.

Bill[/

Neil Orton is a great guy, he stands behind his work and his product. I highly recommend him.

Bill:
We should really get together and see how our cars run against each other. I have the TechArt intake/chip/ AND Sports Exhaust on my car. The previous owner paid $8000 for this setup. The Techart people say 525-550HP. I have never Dyno'd the car, I have never drag raced any comprable TT. But I know for a fact that with over 7 weekends (14 days) of DE at RoadAtlanta, NO car in any of my run groups could drag me on the back straight! And I have run with GT3's, ZO6's, Vipers, etc.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Come on! Let us see some head to head videotaped runs, Techart , Imagineauto, EVOMS, PSI..It is somewhat unbelieveable that we have not seen any, and many of you guys are one phone call away from each other Not tuner cars!!

RXDOC,

Techart quoted 550HP with stock K16 turbos??
Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Bill in Atlanta
Advanced

RxDoc,

Would love to give it a go...like you I would like to know how close one suppliers "525" hp is to someone else's "485". I'm around this weekend, let me know ( or I'll see you at the gym!).
Bill
Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Dock,

Bill
Sound good. I'll get in touch and see how our schedules work out.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
I think thats because it doesn't receive the buzz that Upsolute (low cost) and GIAC (most flexible) do. I mean I had to ask someone on a forum what it costs because I couldn't find it on vendor websites. Thats just not smart business.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Bill:
Maybe Saturday morning! We can do coffee, a "short" run, and then hit the gym. Who else is available? ALL Porsches welcome!
Bill, please pm me your cell phone again (I misplaced it).

Jean:
I am not into drag racing, I have never raced on public roads. I know my car can easily pull away from stock TT on the track. I have done 40-140MPH at RoadAtlanta, topping off at 145 before enetering 10A-10B. I don't think I like any standing 0-60 runs. But come on down (from Saudi Arabia) and we will have some tea!
The TechArt Brochure that came with the invoice stated these HP numbers. I have never done a dyno run. My car peaks at 1.3BAR and can maintain 1.1Bar. It has never thrown any "lights" and I have over 27K miles on the car.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Woodster
Drifting

I also would love to run against other 996TT's, but thus far do not know of any in MPLS/ST. Paul
area. Maybe some of our fun runs with the Wisconsin/Iowa/Illinois groups will bring them out
of the "Wood work". Maybe the good doctor (Stephen @ I/A) could point me towards a stage
1 or 2 Giac car????
cheers,
Marty
BTW, the Techart car should be pretty strong since it also has a Techart intake??
Old 10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

RXDOC

We can race over the internet with videos I have a few.

Seriously, I do not mean a drag race at all, just 2 or 3 rolling starts at different speeds at some close-by track. Techart have very very good products, I am only a bit sceptic about that hp figure with stock turbos.

Hope you get something on film!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by RXDOC
But I know for a fact that with over 7 weekends (14 days) of DE at RoadAtlanta, NO car in any of my run groups could drag me on the back straight! And I have run with GT3's, ZO6's, Vipers, etc.
But were the ZO6's and/or Viper's stock?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Woodster
Drifting

What year and model Vipers?
old slow RT/10 with soft top (usally no top) ?
GTS Coupes?
Newer SRT-10 convertibles with 500 HP ??
there is quite a difference!
If you are able to pull newer SRT-10 on a straight, your car goes very well!
MK
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
But were the ZO6's and/or Viper's stock?
Dock:
I couldn't tell if they were stock or not! Most of the Vettes and Vipers do the headers/exhaust and chip for modest power gains. Other than supercharging, the ZO6 and Viper can't realise any huge power gains with mods. I would say they come in at mid-400HP range to high 400HP for Vipers.
The one big advantage of our TT's is the braking power. You can brake SO much later than the average domestic car, it gives you a huge advantage on a road course. Even with stock rotors and race pads, you can brake hard and late all day long on the track.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
BigCarrot
Instructor

Originally Posted by RXDOC
Dock:
I couldn't tell if they were stock or not! Most of the Vettes and Vipers do the headers/exhaust and chip for modest power gains. Other than supercharging, the ZO6 and Viper can't realise any huge power gains with mods. I would say they come in at mid-400HP range to high 400HP for Vipers.
The one big advantage of our TT's is the braking power. You can brake SO much later than the average domestic car, it gives you a huge advantage on a road course. Even with stock rotors and race pads, you can brake hard and late all day long on the track.
That's not correct at all! Many Vipers gain 30-50 REAR WHEEL hp from headers alone! Heads/cam/exhaust can yield over 200hp! Tuning doesn't do a whole lot since the cars are naturally aspirated, but 30rwhp is not uncommon. There are several stroked Vipers running around that put down 700rwhp, naturally aspirated! Throw a blower or turbos into the mix, and forget about it! The numbers are astronomical!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:57 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Sorry, my bad! I am just not up to speed with the gold chain and Old Spice guys.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Woodster
Drifting

I learned the hard way that these Vipers are very fast!!
If they are modded, WATCH OUT!
IF they are stock and well driven (the newer 500 hp/500 torque), then
choose your run carefully, they do go well!
I have been on the track (Brainerd), and the street with them, and been with
both stock and Tommy Archer Modified GTS Coupe, head work, cams, headers,
moton suspension, racing brakes, cage etc. Need to know what you are running against.
Of course a few guys dont have to worry like, JEAN, TB993tt, Sharkey, Alex D, etc.

Quick Reply: INSTALLED PSI 480 ECU !!