Old 10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Does GIAC Stage 1 have a "race gas option" available?
Dock the usual file for a stage 1 or 2 is the "hammer" these days with the flash but there is also a 100 octane race gas file available too...
Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Dock the usual file for a stage 1 or 2 is the "hammer" these days with the flash but there is also a 100 octane race gas file available too...
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:02 AM
ebaker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jean
I am not a GIAC fan for high hp engines, but the stage 2 ZC will give both cars a run for their money. That must be the most balanced package they are selling, it performs greatly.
Jean, I thought GIAC stage 2 used stock K16 turbos, not ZC (zero clearance)?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Larry, the programming is Imagine Auto Stage 4 with the race program, the turbochargers are Stage 2 Zero Clearance, Jean was going to get a soound byte of the Super Sprint exhaust
Old 10-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Fantastic sound indeed Kevin Nicer still than the 9FF exhaust.

We had (IA) stage 2 GIAC with Kevin's ZC, magic header work and Super Sprint exhaust do an acceleration run against a 996TT with the expensive 9FF exhaust and a few other mods, the 9FF is louder and throatier but the SuperSprint is my choice (as well as everyone who was there). It is a matter of taste but that's what consensus seem to be. I have a video of the run, the stage 2 really pulls very strong, it beat a Skyline GTR with about 500BHP as well..Run with 91 octane.

Kevin, I just re-read your post, I guess the stage 4 programming you mention above, you are not referring to Amawi's car?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

IA Stage 4 with 100 octane Race program
My Stage 2 Z/C
Super Sprint ala TechArt
Old 10-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Ahem..sshhh...no wonder it left everyone (well almost )hanging even with 91 octane!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Bill in Atlanta
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. The thread that won't die !!

A couple of thoughts here. First of all, I have met Dock and he is a good guy. Earlier this year, when I was first considering mods, he took time out on a Saturday to meet and show me his car/mods, and even let me drive it. IMO, a very nice thing to do. With that said, I think the reason he is catching so much sh*t on this thread is that he HAS stated that GIAC is superior ("Best Chip ? GIAC") without the usual "IMO" or his experience with Upsolute, PSI, REVO,Techart, etc. This was followed by many questions to the folks (me, Woodster) who chose PSI. I think many people took this the wrong way, in my mind, the questions were due to his technical background and not a challenge.

Like most people here have stated, I don't think there is a meaningful difference in any of the software packages...it's great we have all of these choices and can obtain quick, reliable horsepower. My original intent of the "get together" was to compare packages...not software, but the fact that the 3 of us have slightly different levels of upgrades: Stage 1 ECU only (me), Stage 1+Exhaust (RXDOC), Stage 2+Airbox+Exhaust (Dock). According to our respective tuners, my car "should" be +/- 480 hp, RXDOC at ~500, and Dock at ~520 hp as he has posted earlier. In this example, Dock should easily outrun my car (which of course would only lead me further down the path of more mods..... ). That offer to meet and compare these varying "levels" of upgrades still stands.

Lastly, don't forget that RXDOC and I compared other things as well: PSS9 vs. H&R, stock exhaust vs. Techart/Supersprint, brakes, tires, etc....

Bill
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
I think the reason he is catching so much sh*t on this thread is that he HAS stated that GIAC is superior ("Best Chip ? GIAC") without the usual "IMO" or his experience with Upsolute, PSI, REVO,Techart, etc.
The reason I said GIAC is the best package was not because I thought it was faster than other products given the same level of tuning (I've never said GIAC *was* "faster"), it was because of GIAC's track record in terms of reliability, level of support, upgrade packages offered, and bang for the buck. I have also said that if money was not a factor, then Ruf is the best tuner. Also, when I post a reply that is obviously an "opinion" post, I don't include "IMO".
Old 10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Red Comet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevin
IA Stage 4 with 100 octane Race program
My Stage 2 Z/C
Super Sprint ala TechArt
Does IA have a Stage 4 program created specifically for your Stage 2 Z/C turbos? Does it use stock, aftermarket, ported headers..? I am intrigued.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 AM
johnyg
Instructor

Thumbs up

Bill and RXDOC,
I was thrilled to learn that the get together occured. I figured that these cars would run similarly just wondered if any one could "pull". I do think that since bills cars runs lower boost and has no exhaust change that his ability to keep up is respectable. What is interesting in my experience is knowing also what gear, rpm etc is best for an impromptu race. My experience has been the lower the gear and the higher the rpm up to 3500 or 4000 is the best for a strong initial hit. My car pulls good from 3k on but if you expect it to be close then you can't daly. My car is also a tip so I don't have the luxury of 6 gears to split the power over. I have met Bill and RXDOC in person and they are good folks. I have never met Dock and regret it if he feels we are harrassing him. This is certainly not my intention. I was just curious how his set up with EP2 and GIAC 2 compared. My goal is to learn whoo likes what and why. I bet an upsolute car would be right in the hunt as well. There is a guy here with a chipped turbo cab 6spd that I have not met or run with yet but I will do so and share the experience also. I will catch up with you guys later.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Bill in Atlanta
Advanced

Johnny,

Missed you at Road Atlanta this weekend. One casualty (Ferrari 360 Challenge car from F of Central Florida).

Bill
Old 11-01-2005, 09:55 AM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Johnny,

Missed you at Road Atlanta this weekend. One casualty (Ferrari 360 Challenge car from F of Central Florida).

Bill
Bill,

What happened?? The driver ok??
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Johnny,

Bill

Was it the Red and Yellow one?

Anyway, let a guy with a just a regular ole flat 6 motor weigh in on this subject.

I have run with johnnyg on the expressway....yes it was dumb, especialy running over the bridge into SC at a buck thirty......But it was early, and not much on the road, and johnnyg had to see what his knew PSI would do.

And what it would do is.....HAUL ***! Very fast car, much better than it was before PSI. I got to drive it recently, car has PSS9's and handles extremely well, lot of fun for sure

As to RXDOC,....well maybe the most fun I've had at a DE was running with him. His car too is VERY FAST...Only through my superior driving skills, better brakes and turning ability was I able to keep up ....Just kidding of course.

RXDOC would take off out of turn seven faster than a democrat from responsibility......He was GONE.

These damn turbos can be tuned to go as fast as anyone wants to go it seems.

Last edited by Rolo; 11-01-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Bill in Atlanta
Advanced

TestnDoc and Rolo,

Don't know what happened to the 360 Challenge...got there late (11am) on Sunday and it was already going on the trailer.....saw grass and clay on the front end and tires (never a good sign) and then walked around and saw the damage on the drivers side. Boy, what a bad drive home....10+hours with a crashed car.

Bill

Quick Reply: INSTALLED PSI 480 ECU !!