Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Suggestion on datalogger?
AiM
18.75%
G2X
39.58%
DL1 + optional output screen
14.58%
AX22
4.17%
Driftbox/PerformanceBox
18.75%
DL90
0%
Pi
2.08%
G-Tech
2.08%
MaxQData
4.17%
Digidash
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Dataloggers for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

hehehe......

I really need to think more clearly sometimes. I thought it was odd that you asked for the url of a site you have probably visited

Anyway, IIRC the thread is the one you are referring to. I thought it was about a 996 Turbo. Was it any help? I am going to add the RPM function later this year so hit me up in PM if you get an answer over at the Traqmate forums.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

Looking at that thread, someone with a GT3 asked if it was applicable. According to Nick, it is. However, later in the thread, Nick is asking about spiking he is seeing, and it appears that the wire he's using isn't a good one. I've PMd him to see if he's found resolution yet.

Where are you going to mount the SU?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Let me know what you find out.

As for the SU, I mounted it in the rear center console. However, that required a little creative work on the console to make room for it. The SU will fit but having to plug the DIN on one side and the GPS and POWER on the other created a situation where it wouldn't fit. A dremel tool and a couple hours later I have a rear center console that has had some "comsetic" blows taken to it but NOTHING anybody can see. Now it fits, is secure, and really works well in that spot. I did it this way b/c I really wanted to have this install done in a way where NOTHING was seen except the DU. No SU, no wires of any kind anywhere.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:06 AM
cchan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the Traqmate use the same RPM signal as the G2X (5volt)?
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=g2x
I use a signal from the OBD2 port on my G2X, no messing around with ECU wires. It's an analog ignition pulse signal, not a data request via OBD2 communications protocols, so I don't believe there is any lag (unless the ECU is somehow reprocessing the ignition pulse for some reason).
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
D-oh! I'm his twin brother

So, can this be run on a Mac as well? I really don't want to go buy a windows pc but I really like the idea of the Traqmate system and what it can do. Argh!!!!
if you have a mac with an intel processor, you can run boot camp and boot to windoze. you can also run parallels software.

if you have a mac with a power PC processor then you can use virtualPC. it will probably run slowly though.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by karlooz
if you have a mac with an intel processor, you can run boot camp and boot to windoze. you can also run parallels software.

if you have a mac with a power PC processor then you can use virtualPC. it will probably run slowly though.
Yeah I know that. Problem I have is my mac's (both of them here at home) are powerpc chipsets. Virtual PC and Parallels both blow hard. Very slow and not fun to work with.

Boot camp is NOT out yet. There is a public beta version available to mess with until the full version comes out in October with the release of the new OSX (Leopard).

I will probably just upgrade my current mac to a intel based mac and run boot camp beta then upgrade in October to Leopard.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah I know that. Problem I have is my mac's (both of them here at home) are powerpc chipsets. Virtual PC and Parallels both blow hard. Very slow and not fun to work with.

Boot camp is NOT out yet. There is a public beta version available to mess with until the full version comes out in October with the release of the new OSX (Leopard).

I will probably just upgrade my current mac to a intel based mac and run boot camp beta then upgrade in October to Leopard.

ah... you are hosed then

several people in my group have been using bootcamp fand it's been rock solid. some apps are even more stable than when using windoze on a PC platform.

you can always pick up a cheapo windoze laptop to bring to the track. i'm thinking of picking one up so i won't trash my macbook pro.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I do have an old laptop that I am using to run my Traqmate software. It works just fine but I hate the 12" screen. I bought that laptop when I was an undergrad over 10 years ago! But hey. It works. Like I said, I am probably heading to the Apple store this weekend to pick up a new intel based Mac and run bootcamp. While the laptop will do just fine at the track, I need more than 12" to work with
Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I need more than 12" to work with
Good thing you did not post this in OT. Such a straight line.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Good thing you did not post this in OT. Such a straight line.
Chris, you ain't kidding! OT would have a field day with my facetious comments
Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

I do have an old laptop that I am using to run my Traqmate software. It works just fine but I hate the 12" screen. I bought that laptop when I was an undergrad over 10 years ago! But hey. It works. Like I said, I am probably heading to the Apple store this weekend to pick up a new intel based Mac and run bootcamp. While the laptop will do just fine at the track, I need more than 12" to work with
i'm glad we have such loyal customers/users
Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by karlooz
i'm glad we have such loyal customers/users
I'd like to beat Bill Gates over the head once for every time I got the blue screen of death on a windows computer. The funny thing is that my first 7 or 8 computers were Apple's (from the very beginning) and then somewhere along the way I ended up with a PC. Let's just say that since I switched back to Apple about 4 years ago I have been so happy. Not a single crash, and the only program I ever had a problem with was......drum roll please......Entourage....A FLIPPIN MICROSOFT PROGRAM!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Not a single crash, and the only program I ever had a problem with was......drum roll please......Entourage....A FLIPPIN MICROSOFT PROGRAM!!!!
I would like to hurt in very painful ways whoever is responsible for the abomination that is Entourage. Apparently they are working on a new one but still without proper Exchange integration.
Because if there is finally a product that can properly integrate with Exchange running on a Mac there would be thousands of sysadmins joyfully burning their winderz licenses and tossing Dells out of windows.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by amaist
and tossing Dells out of windows.
what did I do to deserve that?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

damn, traqmate needs a computer to read. forget it. i resort to stopwatch.
i HATE computers.
good for surfing RL, that's about it.

Quick Reply: Dataloggers for GT3