996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 12:45 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 141 Posts

Hey, super random, but I got one of these marketing brochures with a bunch of items that I purchased. I would like to give to a proper owner. First to PM me can have it for free.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by markar
Here is my millennium I been enjoying for 18 yrs not stock any more .
Wow, impressive that you've owned it for long, it looks great. How many miles you up to now? Can you please tell the story of the RUF front bumper and side skirts, how long have you had them, where did you get them, and can you post more pics? (Ever since visiting RUF in 2018 I regret not asking about those two items right then and there.) Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:39 AM
markar
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratchet1025
More details on your intake please? Wow!
Its water to air intake for turbo come all togather with turbo kit from TPC racing you can see in their website.

Last edited by markar; 05-19-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:04 AM
markar
Instructor

I got the front bumper and side skirt from RAC performance but they no longer RUF dealer. I have 47000 miles on my car.front bumper was $1500 hundred side skirt $600.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:57 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Back in February I took mine on a 1500 mile road trip. I published an article on it for Everyday Driver this morning. Thought you guys would enjoy it.
https://www.everydaydriver.com/post/...g-a-sports-car
Old 05-30-2020, 11:09 AM
Rickylandaverry
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Its water to air intake for turbo come all togather with turbo kit from TPC racing you can see in their website.
wow! How many miles on that turbo? You have a beautiful car!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:09 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chance Hales
Back in February I took mine on a 1500 mile road trip. I published an article on it for Everyday Driver this morning. Thought you guys would enjoy it.
https://www.everydaydriver.com/post/...g-a-sports-car
Nice write-up, Chance! I've longed to take my car on a similar road trip but it would take several hours outside of SA to get anywhere fun or interesting. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather who played such a pivotal role in your life but glad to hear he enjoyed a last thrill in your ME. As always your pics are top-notch.

Have you considered posting your article in this thread or just making a new thread?

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...hlight=article
Old 06-04-2020, 12:44 AM
markar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rickylandaverry
wow! How many miles on that turbo? You have a beautiful car!
20000 trouble free miles.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:43 PM
Northwestnative
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have any trouble matching the paint? What was the painting cost? I have front bumper issues and I am thinking that rather than a repaint I could modify. But, maybe originality will be valuable.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:23 PM
markar
Instructor

I ordered orginal paint from dealer long time ago no problem matching the paint but i think paint is no longer avabile .
Old 06-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Originally Posted by Northwestnative
Did you have any trouble matching the paint? What was the painting cost? I have front bumper issues and I am thinking that rather than a repaint I could modify. But, maybe originality will be valuable.
I ordered orginal paint from dealer long time ago no problem matching the paint but i think paint is no longer avabile .
Hey, I recently asked the local Porsche dealer here in SA to point me in the direction of the nearest "Porsche-Certified" body shop, which was Associated Collision Center. Here is their response when I asked specifically about obtaining Violet Chromaflair paint from Porsche:

"Vehicle manufacturers typically do not sell paint. The paint manufacturer will generate a formula for the paint code and the paint is actually mixed according to that formula. At that point a test panel is done to verify that the color matches the vehicle. In some cases there may be 5-6 color variances to the same paint code. Most larger collision centers like myself have a mixing system in place and mix all the colors on a as needed basis. I had my paint team look up the paint code you provided and both formulas require two (2) special toners, which I have in stock. Just to verify, please provide me the VIN number to your vehicle. This should allow me to look up the as-built information for your exact vehicle in the Porsche system. So to answer your question, we should be able to paint for bumper without any issues."

Hopefully that helps. As of now I'm still on the fence whether or not to respray. Other things have taken priority these days, and I feel like I'd be talked into respraying the entire front of the car.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

I had paint work done on mine recently. The paint code is available but the formula is impossible to make anymore because one of the toners in it has been discontinued. So mine is close but isn't a perfect match. You can only really tell if you really look. Insurance covered mine but because mine has the aerokit it was WAY more money for the bumper than the standard bumper. Replacing the bumper on mine ended up being around $8k, More than half of that was for the bumper itself which was ordered through the dealer and came from Germany. In a perfect world, I'd have my car resprayed entirely if it made sense to do it.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:51 AM
markar
Instructor

Here is the paint i order from dealer 9 yrs ago hoping its not expire

Old 06-21-2020, 02:52 AM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Here's what I have from this past February. I was told one of the toners was discontinued.
They didn't end up blending mine either, insurance wanted nothing to do with that because of the aerokit bumper costing an absurd amount.

Attached Images
Old 06-30-2020, 11:29 AM
amosalik
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello all! It has been 2 years since I acquired my first 911, a Millenium Edition, and I wanted to share some pictures.

Quick Reply: 996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info