Sponsored by:

996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:56 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TopPorscheFan
I couldn't locate it on Instagram, certain that the name is accurate?
Sorry, I just saw this.
https://www.instagram.com/millenniumoutlaw/
Old 11-05-2019, 06:14 PM
philesk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stumbled over this. I also have a Millenium (#813). Purchased December, 2002 with just under 40,000 miles, currently with 71,000. I have been keeping up a spreadsheet started by someone else with logs of Milleniums I have come across. Would you like to have a copy?

Last edited by philesk; 11-05-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:28 PM
philesk
Advanced

I had understood that Millenniums were sold in 1999 in Europe and that around 320 came to the US with most dealers only receiving one example.
I have also heard that the only options available were tiptronic tranny and rain sensing wipers.
I helped another PCA member purchase a tiptronic Millennium a few years ago, but taht is the only one I have heard of.

My needs:
1. Replacement dark rotwood door for righthand door pocket. Wood seperated from foam backing and cracked.
2. Replacement front chrome rim or a source for refinishing. The darn powder coating started to peel and a carwash person used a pressure washer and made it worse.

Last edited by philesk; 11-05-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:12 AM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Originally Posted by philesk
I had understood that Millenniums were sold in 1999 in Europe and that around 320 came to the US with most dealers only receiving one example.
I have also heard that the only options available were tiptronic tranny and rain sensing wipers.
I've always wondered what the options were. Mine wasn't delivered to the dealer until early January 2000 but I believe they all had 1999 build dates.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 AM
Jasoncaudill
Track Day

Default #827 for sale

Hello all,
I am going to be putting my ME up for sale on various websites tomorrow but wanted to get it on here. She has $46K miles on her, exterior is in very good condition but not perfect, a little curb damage on wheels, and a few chips on hood, etc.
interior is very good. Only flaws are some of the wood trim. Specifically the drivers side door bin the wood cracked and was glued back on but in a couple pieces. Steering wheel also has a couple fine cracks in wood but not really noticeable if you aren’t looking.
New battery, key fab, tires less than 5K ago, oil change last week...
No IMS or RMS but oil filter was cut open and no magnetic materials were found.
If you know of, or hear anyone that is looking, I am asking $26,500.

Didn’t have many pics on my phone surprisingly... will post many more tmrw.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:29 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoncaudill
Hello all,
I am going to be putting my ME up for sale on various websites tomorrow but wanted to get it on here. She has $46K miles on her, exterior is in very good condition but not perfect, a little curb damage on wheels, and a few chips on hood, etc.
interior is very good. Only flaws are some of the wood trim. Specifically the drivers side door bin the wood cracked and was glued back on but in a couple pieces. Steering wheel also has a couple fine cracks in wood but not really noticeable if you aren’t looking.
New battery, key fab, tires less than 5K ago, oil change last week...
No IMS or RMS but oil filter was cut open and no magnetic materials were found.
If you know of, or hear anyone that is looking, I am asking $26,500.

Didn’t have many pics on my phone surprisingly... will post many more tmrw.
Those don't look like the original "ME" wheels?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Jasoncaudill
Track Day

They are original wheels but chrome was flaking off so I had them powder coated. So yes, not original original.

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Those don't look like the original "ME" wheels?

Last edited by Jasoncaudill; 11-12-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:14 PM
amargari
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 162 Posts

For future documentation, Number 524 was donated to charity earlier this year. The owner continued to drive the car while it was overheating to the point where the oil pressure went to 0 and the engine seized up and smoke poured from the car. Just a heads up if anyone sees this car at an auction or junkyard.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:09 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 130 Posts

What charity was it donated too?
Old 11-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by amargari
For future documentation, Number 524 was donated to charity earlier this year. The owner continued to drive the car while it was overheating to the point where the oil pressure went to 0 and the engine seized up and smoke poured from the car. Just a heads up if anyone sees this car at an auction or junkyard.
Not sure why someone wouldn't try to just fix the problem. I wonder how many miles it had.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:16 PM
amargari
Racer

Originally Posted by MoeMonney
What charity was it donated too?
I'm not sure. It was in Northern NJ.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:23 PM
amargari
Racer

Originally Posted by Simonripley
Not sure why someone wouldn't try to just fix the problem. I wonder how many miles it had.
The owner wasn't very good at maintaining cars. It also had 95,000 miles, a big dent and scratch in the rear quarter panel, and damage to the headlights. I was looking at it a few months before it's demise and it had a check engine light with code indicating there was an issue with the variocam actuator not working. The car was a mess and sad to see that done to a ME.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:48 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Does anyone know how to go about getting the paint formula for Violet Chromaflair? I hit a tire carcass on the freeway about a month ago and it did some damage to my front bumper to the point where it is getting replaced entirely. The damage wasn't very heavy but it's bad enough to warrant replacing and either way there would be paint work involved. The car is going to be worked on by a local body shop that is Porsche certified but even they can't find the formula in their system, in fact, the paint code doesn't even bring up anything...
Old 11-23-2019, 04:54 AM
Jasoncaudill
Track Day

Default Chromaflair paint

I dont know if large large quantities are available but I ordered a small touch up bottle from Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories out of Florida. Put in year, make, model, etc and it list the Violet Chromaflair as an option along with paint code...

Originally Posted by Chance Hales
Does anyone know how to go about getting the paint formula for Violet Chromaflair? I hit a tire carcass on the freeway about a month ago and it did some damage to my front bumper to the point where it is getting replaced entirely. The damage wasn't very heavy but it's bad enough to warrant replacing and either way there would be paint work involved. The car is going to be worked on by a local body shop that is Porsche certified but even they can't find the formula in their system, in fact, the paint code doesn't even bring up anything...
Old 11-25-2019, 11:34 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance Hales
Hey Chance, here is the color code chart from the Porsche website. Maybe they can go directly to Porsche for the paint?

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...lourcharts996/

Quick Reply: 996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info