996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 12:22 AM
Porsche62
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry I don't know if I replied but I paid 17.5, has 103k when I first got it and I live in Maryland. I did a lot to it. Changed oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs, new rims / tires that's off a 2017 991 that I actually got basically for free. Also did the undo hack but drive it pretty modest I have to say. Absolutely love it and even park it in my friend's garage.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:31 AM
ukon
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche62
Today, I was reading the Porsche magazine and they were talking about the two 996 limited editions, the ME and 40 Jahre with the X51 package. In the magazine they were talking about an ME meet in New Jersey and that started me thinking if we had any ME meets in Maryland? If not maybe we should start one.
I'm in Maryland as well.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:44 AM
markar
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey I live in MD to it will be nice to meet one day.
The following users liked this post:
ukon (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 04:54 AM
Mata
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ukon
Congratulations!
That’s a very nice souvenir for you :-)
Great article and interesting comparison of both limited editions: Millennium vs. 40 Jahre.

Best
Mata

Last edited by Mata; 01-20-2021 at 05:34 PM.
ukon (01-15-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 02:52 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello everyone,
I wanted to let you know that I have sold my Millennium Edition. It was up on the PCA mart for about two weeks and went to a new owner in Austin (the city where I originally found it). I firmly believe he will care for it the way I did. The reason I sold it is for the last year I had been dreaming of a 996.1 aero kit car. I seriously considered adding the parts to my ME, but the prospect of not only finding intact aero kit parts but also painting and installing was just too much $$$ and effort and would likely have had mixed results. I knew if I wanted one quickly I would have to trade up, and luckily I found a pristine low-mileage aero kit car because there was no way I could sell the ME without something in the garage waiting for me.

I will definitely miss it. I'll never forget bringing the ME home for the first time, my first ever Porsche, and my wife was pissed. She thought I was going to look at a car, but not buy it! She eventually came around and we have both enjoyed it for the last four years. When it sold on Friday I couldn't believe she told me that she sat in it that morning, gave it a kiss, thanked it for being such a great car and said goodbye. I was speechless.

I have really enjoyed this exclusive community of ME owners and appreciate everyone who has contributed to its history. I was honored to be the first to bring some attention to this rare and gorgeous model on this forum. When I was selling the car I relished telling everyone who inquired about all of its quirks and features, Doug Demuro style.

Maybe I'll come across an ME Tiptronic one day and buy it for my wife!

SimonR

PS- I'm sad I never tried to organize a nationwide meetup, although if anyone could make that happen, I would nominate @Chance Hales to do it.

Last edited by Simonripley; 02-01-2021 at 02:55 AM.
Billup (04-09-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 11:36 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Simonripley
Hello everyone,
I wanted to let you know that I have sold my Millennium Edition. It was up on the PCA mart for about two weeks and went to a new owner in Austin (the city where I originally found it). I firmly believe he will care for it the way I did. The reason I sold it is for the last year I had been dreaming of a 996.1 aero kit car. I seriously considered adding the parts to my ME, but the prospect of not only finding intact aero kit parts but also painting and installing was just too much $$$ and effort and would likely have had mixed results. I knew if I wanted one quickly I would have to trade up, and luckily I found a pristine low-mileage aero kit car because there was no way I could sell the ME without something in the garage waiting for me.

I will definitely miss it. I'll never forget bringing the ME home for the first time, my first ever Porsche, and my wife was pissed. She thought I was going to look at a car, but not buy it! She eventually came around and we have both enjoyed it for the last four years. When it sold on Friday I couldn't believe she told me that she sat in it that morning, gave it a kiss, thanked it for being such a great car and said goodbye. I was speechless.

I have really enjoyed this exclusive community of ME owners and appreciate everyone who has contributed to its history. I was honored to be the first to bring some attention to this rare and gorgeous model on this forum. When I was selling the car I relished telling everyone who inquired about all of its quirks and features, Doug Demuro style.

Maybe I'll come across an ME Tiptronic one day and buy it for my wife!

SimonR

PS- I'm sad I never tried to organize a nationwide meetup, although if anyone could make that happen, I would nominate @Chance Hales to do it.

Nationwide meetup? Me? I'm flattered but not sure I'd even know how to begin to set something like that up but if anyone is ever in Utah I'd love to say hi!
Old 03-18-2021, 07:43 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Took this video last summer. Did a walk around of my car to show off the color shift.

Last edited by Chance Hales; 03-18-2021 at 07:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chance Hales:
Billup (04-09-2021), Fracture (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 10:55 AM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 184 Posts

no affiliation

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/c...293912453.html
Old 03-22-2021, 10:50 PM
Hylton Gray
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#057 Chicago IL, 56k miles
Old 04-04-2021, 07:25 AM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Found on autotrader, No idea which #, no pics... but only 5k miles and "violet chromaflair" listed as color...

$55k

To the prospective buyer I'd be concerned about pitting on the crank and the remaining longevity of the rod bearings... Ask me how I know this...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 04-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaetee
Found on autotrader, No idea which #, no pics... but only 5k miles and "violet chromaflair" listed as color...

$55k

To the prospective buyer I'd be concerned about pitting on the crank and the remaining longevity of the rod bearings... Ask me how I know this...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Found it on their website. #601. Silver instead of chrome twists.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...nium-c-914.htm
Old 04-07-2021, 06:42 PM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance Hales
Found it on their website. #601. Silver instead of chrome twists.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...nium-c-914.htm
Also changed the hood emblem from colored to silver, like someone else I know.😄
Old 04-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Chance Hales
Instructor

Originally Posted by Simonripley
Also changed the hood emblem from colored to silver, like someone else I know.😄
Who, me? lol
Old 04-09-2021, 08:14 AM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Violet Chromaflair rattle cans!!!!

Violet Chromaflair rattle cans on ebay...

Anyone tried this? I have a little carbon fiber spoiler on my car that looks kinda nasty from sun and age... I am going to try this out... fingers crossed... I have the 3C5 code on my car's color tag...

Old 04-20-2021, 04:39 AM
Chance Hales
Instructor

#141 for sale on Elferspot in the Netherlands
https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...n-2000-363716/

Quick Reply: 996 Millennium Edition Registry/Info