996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I bought KK's car(long story...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 07:43 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would take Stasha's side on the legal proceedings of any sort here.

11 year old super-car with 60k miles bought from private party and no warranty. It breaks down a year and a half and 7k miles later. There is ZERO recourse here against KK.

My AMG broke down three months and few k miles after I bought it last summer. Transmission cooler/connector tab broke and immobilized the car. I called the owner...just to ask where the tow hook is, he said "I never used it...why you need one?". I told him that car broke down and needs a tow. He was sorry, I told him cars are cars and **** happens and it isn't his fault.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:51 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,845 Likes on 2,871 Posts

I think several of us agree that there is probably little to no chance of a legal case here - If there is, all the better - But the fact still remains that KK has a big mouth, no class and did a ****-poor replacement of his bearing.

And we all agree he put his foot in his big mouth posting the failing engine thread. Sort of baiting the RL forum and he got what he deserved....Good thing people like this get weeded out of the forum and even better that ashai took english as a 2nd language

Old 04-15-2016, 08:17 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stasha
OK, you don't want to let it go
Because you are uninformed about the whole situation. You are being intentionally ignorant since the information is readily at hand, yet you obviously choose not to process it if you even read it.

There you go -- exactly right, even in the KK case. "Nothing is provable at this time".
Actually it is indeed provable because KK himself said what he did and documented it all quite well. He just chose not to pass it on to a buyer that may not have know his Rennlist history.

You can only make the unfair connection that Mr KK
Really? It's unfair to use the statements KK made as evidence of what he has done wrong in this case? We aren't making these things up and people have responsibilities for what they say and do.

despite having receipts and notes that he had fixed its problems.
He provided receipts for a part that was never installed (in it's entirety) and provided no notes about his experimental modifications to the part.

Any logical person would take the "IMSB has been replaced" and a receipt for a Pelican bearing as meaning that the Pelican bearing was installed in it's entirety. No one reads a receipt for an LN bearing and thinks "Oh, they probably just used the flange bolts and threw the rest away".

Keerist, from everything in the IMSB literature that is evidence-based, there is no such thing as an IMSB replacement that is "proven" not to fail.
Are you somehow the single undiscovered expert on IMSBs who has found the ONE AND ONLY IMSB that never fails?? What? You mean there is one that is totally guaranteed?
Either quote where I have made such a claim or stick your ignorant straw man BS back where it belongs.

No, they are ALL still experimental until Porsche comes out with one that they recommend!
Porsche has one that they recommend, but even it is still known to fail.

It needs to be treated as a replaceable part. Period.

Even with that, if there are no other mitigating factors with the motor, the IMSB should last far more than 7000 miles.

He did not do this out of malice, but instead he genuinely thought he had a reasonable alternative to the IMSB solution.
Which is all fine and dandy as long as the car is his.

Once he put the car up for sale and claimed it's IMSB had been replaced he had a responsibility to note that it was an IMSB of his own planning.

Ask any 996 person that knows about the IMSB issue what "IMSB replaced" means and I'd be shocked if you find one that thinks "something a shade tree
mechanic came up with" is a reasonable interpretation. That's what makes his actions fall into the misrepresentation category.

AND, HE FOUND IT, as far as he was concerned. What, was he supposed to drive it 100,000 miles to prove it to you??
Given that we know stock bearings will do that and more, yes. Or at a minimum the 50k interval that other bearing suppliers list as their service interval.

A few hundred or even a couple thousand prove absolutely nothing.

You would have to prove it otherwise -- which you cannot do.
It's too late now since the motor has been disassembled already, but there is at least one such expert that could tell you if it was the bearing that failed or if it was a casualty.

Replacement with their own stock bearing is well documented to fail!
There is no such thing as an "approved replacement part" for the IMSB. Not even the P-Factory will give you that.
Funny, if your motor fails and you get a reman from Porsche it just so happens to come with a new bearing that few (any?) 996s came from the factory with. It also has a significantly lower failure rate than the stock 996 versions. That they don't sell it separately is irrelevant.

Since when does an insurance company cover mechanical failure?
I want to buy insurance from them!
You really are just an idiot so I'm done with you after I finish this response.

It's not covering the mechanical failure in that case. It's covering the loss of the accident and as there was a provable cause due to someone else's fault they damn sure will go after getting their money back. You obviously have no clue how insurance companies operate.

You will unnecessarily rile him up
I've said multiple times that I don't agree with actually filing a case here. How is that riling him up? I may need some legal classes, but you my "friend" need some reading comprehension classes.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i agree the OP would likely be wasting his $$$ suing KK. Although he is guilty in the court of public opinion. Still there is a cost to defend yourself that, depending on the State and type of claim,. cannot be recouped even if the plaintiff loses.

I must admit I have spent a few bucks going that route knowing the other party didn't have a lot of dough. Sometimes, that is just as good as a win, knowing you still got in their pocket.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 PM
phil996cab99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
... I must admit I have spent a few bucks going that route knowing the other party didn't have a lot of dough. Sometimes, that is just as good as a win, knowing you still got in their pocket ...
Plus it might be good experience to gain process wise.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:33 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 168 Posts

I remain in favor of a giant convoluted life ruining lawsuit.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Elements of Civil Fraud in the State of Texas:

1. There was a material representation made that was false;
2. The person who made the representation knew the representation was false or made it recklessly as a positive assertion without any knowledge of its truth;
3. The person who made the representation intended to induce another to act upon the representation; and
4. The person to whom the material representation was made actually and justifiably relied on the representation, which caused the injury.
See Ernst & Young, L.L.P. v. Pac. Mut. Life Ins. Co., 51 S.W.3d 573, 577 (Tex. 2001)
Two impressions:
1. Splitting the cost is 'fair', regardless of what the law of the land might be in his jurisdiction.
2. This has all the makings of a $5000 settlement, for which each side will spend $10,000 in legal fees.

I'm not a lawyer, but I come from a family full of 'em, and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
Oh, and I've pi**ed away a reasonable amount of time and money in idi*tic court cases.

Personally, I think it would be a tragedy if someone wrote "Lying M*********er" across the seller's lawn with Roundup, in the middle of the night. Truly, an awful thing. Just saying.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:32 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
Because you are uninformed about the whole situation. You are being intentionally ignorant since the information is readily at hand, yet you obviously choose not to process it if you even read it.

Actually it is indeed provable because KK himself said what he did and documented it all quite well. He just chose not to pass it on to a buyer that may not have know his Rennlist history.

Really? It's unfair to use the statements KK made as evidence of what he has done wrong in this case? We aren't making these things up and people have responsibilities for what they say and do.

He provided receipts for a part that was never installed (in it's entirety) and provided no notes about his experimental modifications to the part.

Any logical person would take the "IMSB has been replaced" and a receipt for a Pelican bearing as meaning that the Pelican bearing was installed in it's entirety. No one reads a receipt for an LN bearing and thinks "Oh, they probably just used the flange bolts and threw the rest away".

Either quote where I have made such a claim or stick your ignorant straw man BS back where it belongs.

Porsche has one that they recommend, but even it is still known to fail.
It needs to be treated as a replaceable part. Period.
Even with that, if there are no other mitigating factors with the motor, the IMSB should last far more than 7000 miles.

Which is all fine and dandy as long as the car is his.
Once he put the car up for sale and claimed it's IMSB had been replaced he had a responsibility to note that it was an IMSB of his own planning.

Ask any 996 person that knows about the IMSB issue what "IMSB replaced" means and I'd be shocked if you find one that thinks "something a shade tree
mechanic came up with" is a reasonable interpretation. That's what makes his actions fall into the misrepresentation category.

Given that we know stock bearings will do that and more, yes. Or at a minimum the 50k interval that other bearing suppliers list as their service interval.

A few hundred or even a couple thousand prove absolutely nothing.

It's too late now since the motor has been disassembled already, but there is at least one such expert that could tell you if it was the bearing that failed or if it was a casualty.

Funny, if your motor fails and you get a reman from Porsche it just so happens to come with a new bearing that few (any?) 996s came from the factory with. It also has a significantly lower failure rate than the stock 996 versions. That they don't sell it separately is irrelevant.

You really are just an idiot so I'm done with you after I finish this response.

It's not covering the mechanical failure in that case. It's covering the loss of the accident and as there was a provable cause due to someone else's fault they damn sure will go after getting their money back. You obviously have no clue how insurance companies operate.

I've said multiple times that I don't agree with actually filing a case here. How is that riling him up? I may need some legal classes, but you my "friend" need some reading comprehension classes.
Gnat - Any chance you can help me with a Landlord-Tenant case? You're steadfast posting gives me the chills
Old 04-15-2016, 10:35 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

After ingesting several vodka soda's I can see how someone could make the assumption we look like a bunch of female cheerleaders after losing a big game.

However I'm lovin it and wanted to ask any of you girls if you had any input on the changes for our 2017 uniforms??

Old 04-15-2016, 10:44 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
After ingesting several vodka soda's I can see how someone could make the assumption we look like a bunch of female cheerleaders after losing a big game.

However I'm lovin it and wanted to ask any of you girls if you had any input on the changes for our 2017 uniforms??

I'm thinking shave your legs, you ****.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:56 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 120 Posts

We should add wings for a tinkerbell like effect
Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't answer that while DT is in mourning. Ask again next week.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:34 PM
RRTEC
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

As I am in the middle of my own full on project debacle I have run into much frustration with Porsche not even providing replacement parts. The Porsche dealer today told me that the LN bearing is the "most reliable" solution they have seen. Although admitted that they know of failures due to unknown factors. They also do not retrofit... So there is actually NO solution approved by Porsche other than an engine replacement. So everyone putting anything but a reman from Porsche in is experimenting.. All I want is a stock dual row replacement bearing. Not a fancy upgrade...

I feel bad for the OP, and KK. He tried to build a better mousetrap and it didn't work out..
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Porsche dealer today told me that the LN bearing is the "most reliable" solution they have seen. Although admitted that they know of failures due to unknown factors. They also do not retrofit... So there is actually NO solution approved by Porsche other than an engine replacement. So everyone putting anything but a reman from Porsche in is experimenting..
Such nice cars. From such a d**chebag company.
"Ja, vell: ve dezigned ze 917 und ze 911, und ze 928, but: ve haf no idea how to replace a bearing vissout you buyink new engine."
Old 04-16-2016, 10:26 AM
911 carrera blue
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

KK didn't reply? and he still have the avatar picture of the car in question!!!!

Wowww!!!!!!

Quick Reply: I bought KK's car(long story...)