996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Stereo Upgrades in Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024 | 07:12 PM
PBradz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NewbieFromNY
I need a 2003 MOST digital to analog help. 2003 is a problem apparently according to Rod at CAI. Has anyone done it on a 2003??
‘03 and up HiFi and BOSE use MOST.
I have an ‘03 and just replaced my amp.
Old 03-21-2024 | 07:13 PM
NewbieFromNY
Instructor

Originally Posted by PBradz
According to Rod us 03 cars have the first and only MOST that was changed in 04 with a different module.
Our luck

The following users liked this post:
PBradz (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024 | 07:17 PM
allcool
Pro

I need a 2003 MOST digital to analog help. 2003 is a problem apparently according to Rod at CAI. Has anyone done it on a 2003??
Make sure to order the Ali Xpress unit that comes with the head unit with BOSE optic box

Last edited by allcool; 03-21-2024 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2024 | 07:21 PM
NewbieFromNY
Instructor

Originally Posted by allcool
Make sure to order the Ali Xpress unit that comes with the head unit with BOSE optic box
wait there is a option for me?

Can you direct me to a link ?
Old 03-21-2024 | 07:30 PM
NewbieFromNY
Instructor

All the optic boxes do not work for 2003. See below.
Old 03-21-2024 | 10:03 PM
marshcroft
Rennlist Member

wait there is a option for me?

Can you direct me to a link ?
This is the most optic box you need with the head unit

$68.00 | fiber optic box
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPQrP9y
Old 03-22-2024 | 02:20 AM
Idaho911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PBradz
What amp did you use?
Old 03-22-2024 | 03:46 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

I upgraded the speakers in my 2003 996 Carrera with:

- Front dash & rear = Alpine S2S40C (I am super happy with them)
- Door woofers = Alpine S2S65C (the installer is going to isolate with deadening material)
- Under the passenger seat = Amplified Subwoofer Alpine PWE-S8
- The Aliexpress Unit I got is Unit Ref. 7862 8G 128G Carplay LTE
My installer will remove the PCM2 + CDC4 Compact Disc Changer + Telephone Module + Becker BE6600 Amplifier + Fiber Optic MOST wiring (GO OUT MOST!!!!!!! )

I want to get a DSP Amplifier. I don't need an expensive one. Indeed, I discovered a fantastic high quality brand: Rebec Audio
This is chinese brand with very good quality (not "chinese" as a demoted term). You know Apple is made in China as well. Just with the small Amplifier DSP Rebec R6S you will have a superß improvement.
The champion of the last 12-15 years of the European Car Audio Championship is Spanish and installs the Rebec Audio brand in their car upgrades. I could stay inside and listen to a car made by him with this material and I can assure you this is incredible!

(you can select automatic translation into english for subtitles)

Look for USA distribution. Mosconi, Audison, etc are not pretty much better than them and prices are in a better range.

For me, the bummer was getting those speakers from a buddy who's an authorized Alpine distributor before stumbling upon the awesome Rebec Audio brand, with even better stuff and at a cheaper price

Last edited by juankimalo; 03-22-2024 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-22-2024 | 08:58 AM
ViliusAb
2nd Gear

Hey everyone!
Could anyone help me think this through? I have a 2001 996 Cab with the PCM1 and M680 amplifier with DSP (no BOSE or MOST). I recently purchased the Sadocom unit, install was pretty straightforward however during the installation when I connected the blue wires (AMP) together (photo attached) I started to notice a loud hum from the speakers even though the RCA were not connected. I connected the RCA, did the 17 plug grounding for the amplifier and now I have sound but the speakers pop loudly during power on and there is a very audible hum from all speakers independent of the unit (with it on and off, all sound levels). I am thinking what my next steps could be. It is strange that the hum is coming even with RCA unplugged.
Any help appreciated

(
Old 03-22-2024 | 02:41 PM
marosmith
Instructor

I did a double DIN Sony deck on my 99 Cab, but for my 2003 Targa I wanted to keep the “stock look”.

Of course I have the dreaded CDR-23 which is the least upgradable stereo.

After a lot of research here I went with the Tranzit Blu system I found on eBay and connected it to the FM transponder with the Euro adapter I purchased separately.

The wiring was a big strange as I had to use them power from the temp system as the power on the head unit switches to 5 volts from 12 and will not run the box.

After the install I was very impressed with how well the system works, sounds quality is fantastic (which I worried about), and the phone call quality is also great. The title of the track and phone information are read out on the head unit screen as well. It really integrates well and keeps the factory look. It’s also about $400 cheaper than the Dennison unit and you don’t have to drop another $1-200 at the dealer to “reprogram” the unit to activate the car changer mode for adding aux in. Overall, best economical stock look upgrade for the dreaded CDR-23
Old 03-24-2024 | 09:17 AM
Thomash
Rennlist Member

Default Need help no sound after 10 seconds

I have 03 Turbo and bought unit from AliExpress Sadocom. I took it in to 2 car installers; one wants $1800 to install with 2 cameras. The other says they don’t install cheap knockoffs (however they sell Boss).

I decided to install myself. When I turn unit on, sound would work but then stop after 10seconds. When I unplug the fiber cable and reconnect, it will reset and play for 10seconds and then no sound.
Old 03-26-2024 | 05:19 AM
Laurence Gibbs
Racer

Default System settings

For anyone with a AliExpress pccm plus running the can bus equipped harness please could you take a picture of the system settings menu . In particular what it says under canbus protocol? If you know for sure that your canbus decoder works I would also be interested in what you get on the screen when using the print protocol setting in factory settings menu.Tjanks in advance .
Old 03-26-2024 | 02:43 PM
jim010
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ViliusAb
Hey everyone!
Could anyone help me think this through? I have a 2001 996 Cab with the PCM1 and M680 amplifier with DSP (no BOSE or MOST). I recently purchased the Sadocom unit, install was pretty straightforward however during the installation when I connected the blue wires (AMP) together (photo attached) I started to notice a loud hum from the speakers even though the RCA were not connected. I connected the RCA, did the 17 plug grounding for the amplifier and now I have sound but the speakers pop loudly during power on and there is a very audible hum from all speakers independent of the unit (with it on and off, all sound levels). I am thinking what my next steps could be. It is strange that the hum is coming even with RCA unplugged.
Any help appreciated

(
check my previous posts, as i had this problem.
Old 03-27-2024 | 08:24 PM
Laurence Gibbs
Racer

Default 2003 on canbus settings

Does anyone have a 9x6 with a working canbus with pccm plus clone (AliExpress) ? I have tested the settings with original decoder setting of Cayenne BG.XP with protocol print and get nothing . With the unit set to rzc (raise) and pk low setting o get data scrolling using protocol print , suggesting it's doing something . Still nothing meaningful results no outside temp display no air con display etc ???? Any ideas. I get the impression I still don't have a working protocol for the decoder box ?
Old 03-30-2024 | 03:35 AM
Thomash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thomash
I have 03 Turbo and bought unit from AliExpress Sadocom. I took it in to 2 car installers; one wants $1800 to install with 2 cameras. The other says they don’t install cheap knockoffs (however they sell Boss).

I decided to install myself. When I turn unit on, sound would work but then stop after 10seconds. When I unplug the fiber cable and reconnect, it will reset and play for 10seconds and then no sound.
I figured it out based on older posts. Getting an optic cable and connecting it directly to amp and Most adapter fixed the sound. It seems that the existing fiber cable is connected by an extension cable which cause not to work.

Quick Reply: 996 Stereo Upgrades in Here