Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
Status is only of interest for the ignorant.
+1! I can't believe some of the asinine crap in this thread. Ben thinks he's on the set of Entourage when it's more like 21 Jump street.
Just another example of people dumbing down. The whole image thing is facile and obvious. Wakey wakey...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:23 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you guys pay quite a bit for freaks. You should have worked on your "game" before buying the high end vehicles and renting villas. lol!

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i dropped $2K at les deux for a table and then $1700 for the table at roosevelt. but hey, it's only $. my friends and I had fun. the cabana was $750 a nite so right around bed prices.

here's some of my good people @ koi restaurant - great food and service

Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
It's all in the angle of dangle.....

If you look closely you'll see that the fast moving water in front of the Discovery is actually breaking over a submerged rock or two, so from the angle of the shot appears higher than the hood! (which it isn't)]

The front end does have a bow wave up around it (which is normal) - you just need to manage the forward speed to avoid it washing over and drowning the engine intake.

I know I've just burst the bubble on this shot - but you did ask!
No bubbles busted, that's was still an awesome move on your part regardless.

The deepest water/mud I got my Range Rover in was to the bottom of door sill with extended ride height. That's about as deep I want to get stuck in. LOL!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy. ~George Horace Lorimer
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I did a little experiment and Ben is right, my old Range Rover doesn't make it w/ladies anymore.

First I dropped off our youngest at school w/the P-car. All the MILF's w/their Priuses and Camrys were giving me the eye and smiling at me. I even got a, "Nice Car!" Status kills galore ( luckily no parents have a 997 ).

Then I went home and jumped in the Rover and drove our oldest to school, not one look from the MILFs. And there's this old bald dude in an Escalade rolling on 24"s, blasting Jay-Z, who was getting tons of looks.

When I test drove it, I didn't think the new Rover was worth the $50k more to trade up before, but now I've seen the light. I'm just a tired old fart, in a tired old Rover. I need to upgrade to regain my "playah" status before I'm 40. No wonder my trophy wife doesn't bring her friends home to play in the hot tub w/us anymore. She's probably making it w/our Puerto Rican gardner.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by apterr
At 50 years old, anticipating taking my 996 out for a few hours has replaced the feeling I used to have anticipating a hot date when I was younger. Sad but true. Could be worse though...I could have not found the absolute thrill I get from taking my 996 out !!!!
At >50, just taking it out gives me a thrill.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
apterr
Racer

Default now that's funny

Very good....what a tattoo that would be
Originally Posted by Phil G.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:41 PM
apterr
Racer

Default Q). what would the tattoo read?

A). 996
Originally Posted by Phil G.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll leave that to Tim to answer - he's almost as old as I am, and likely has more experience in this area.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mc_renn
To be honest I don't even tell people that I drive--uh drove--a Porsche and now that I own a Ferrari even less so. My current girlfriend actually thinks my Ferrari is more embarassing then anything else.
LOL she'd go as far as getting embarrased? Wanting something is not as desirable as owning one. How do you handle all that bitchin? Can't live with it every day. Gotta choose one over the other when you settle down with her, it seems like. So you made your point that you got a Ferrari cuz you want it, even if your gf doesn't like it and even gets embarrased by it. Previously, I made a statement that in the end, I will end up getting what I want, regardless of what other people say. If people weren't so much interested what girls really thought about cars we drive, I wonder why so many guys read this thread to begin with. All of us were curious

When I got my first 996 5 years ago, all the girls wanted a ride in it. After a few runs, they don't like the rough ride and didn't want me to bring out the P but other comfortable cars where ingress/egress were easier than the P. When one of them got a chance to drive it after I got wasted one night, she understood why people fall in love with it ha ha
Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
LOL she'd go as far as getting embarrased? Wanting something is not as desirable as owning one. How do you handle all that bitchin? Can't live with it every day. Gotta choose one over the other when you settle down with her, it seems like. So you made your point that you got a Ferrari cuz you want it, even if your gf doesn't like it and even gets embarrased by it. Previously, I made a statement that in the end, I will end up getting what I want, regardless of what other people say. If people weren't so much interested what girls really thought about cars we drive, I wonder why so many guys read this thread to begin with. All of us were curious

When I got my first 996 5 years ago, all the girls wanted a ride in it. After a few runs, they don't like the rough ride and didn't want me to bring out the P but other comfortable cars where ingress/egress were easier than the P. When one of them got a chance to drive it after I got wasted one night, she understood why people fall in love with it ha ha
yo dog we need to start our own lil rennlist crew. some people got it, some just don't.

let me know how you do in LA. i'm going to be down there this month to party over a weekend again.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So Playahs, what should I trade the old Rover in on to get the ladies?

Would they like a new Rover or an Escalade better?

Any other SUVs good for pimpin' hoes and status kills?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob in WA

my recommendation, sir, is for you to stick with the rover, get the supercharged '08 in silver or black and put some clean multi-spoke 24" black center wheels on it.

to send a message across to your lovely Washingtonians, order up the custom plates and they should read:

ROBBANQ
Old 11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

And spinners, yea definitely spinners.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I swear you guys just don't get it. Playa's don't spend $$, baller's do. Figure out what you want roll you want to play. LOL!

Rovers cost more so that is what the women will prefer.

Originally Posted by Rob in WA

Quick Reply: What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?