Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoulderNick
Apology accepted..

Sorry for going off the deep end - it just that if we all start misquoting each other, nobody will know what the heck anyone actually said unless they go back and check the original post word for word. I don't even like it when someone edits someone else's words and puts "fixed it for you" - but at least that tells you someone mucked with it.

- Nick
i understand i just thought it was so obvious that i had edited the thing... no worries.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul Marangoni
That's for sure!
LOVE LA!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a car or suv or whatever that YOU want but for christ sake don't buy it to impress girls...geez it's not that hard to get some loving and if you need a car to get some then you have problems.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

pls guys - unless you're pullin chicks like kobe bryant/justin timberlake/bruce lee/50 cent (you get my drift) combined, if you're a healthy male, you'll naturally want all the assistance you can get. even the examples that are alive today roll big ballin' cars and believe me, they're doing it to look damn good in front of your sister, your wife, your girlfriend and you.

don't play too cool for school seriously
Old 11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
pls guys - unless you're pullin chicks like kobe bryant/justin timberlake/bruce lee/50 cent (you get my drift) combined, if you're a healthy male, you'll naturally want all the assistance you can get. even the examples that are alive today roll big ballin' cars and believe me, they're doing it to look damn good in front of your sister, your wife, your girlfriend and you.

don't play too cool for school seriously
Sorry Ben but I don't. And yes I am NOT pulling chicks like kobe or justin I never claimed I was. To be honest I don't even tell people that I drive--uh drove--a Porsche and now that I own a Ferrari even less so. My current girlfriend actually thinks my Ferrari is more embarassing then anything else.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's just another accessory that puts a mark on you as being free and having fun. some chicks dig that, some chicks feel that they don't want to compete. in LA , chicks feel that vibe better than the girls up here is what i've observed.

but i will say i feel you on the LA scene thing. i actually celebrated my b-day at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel over the weekend and had a blast hitting up les deux and area with my friends.

here's a pic of some of my "entourage" in the cabana
Whoa. Great party you got going there, Ben, with all the hotties.
I see that you are one of the few guys in the forum who are single like me, enjoying life to the fullest. When you get a chance, check out some of the K-Town clubs like Le Prive and Velvet Room.
Cheers.

Last edited by JJB236; 11-05-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mc_renn
Get a car or suv or whatever that YOU want but for christ sake don't buy it to impress girls...geez it's not that hard to get some loving and if you need a car to get some then you have problems.
+1

They're whipped before they even get any

Reminds me of this:

Status Kills

Last edited by Rob in WA; 11-05-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
That's a very impressive picture, but help me out here I don't see a snorkel how did you manage to get through that level of water?
It's all in the angle of dangle.....

If you look closely you'll see that the fast moving water in front of the Discovery is actually breaking over a submerged rock or two, so from the angle of the shot appears higher than the hood! (which it isn't)

The front end does have a bow wave up around it (which is normal) - you just need to manage the forward speed to avoid it washing over and drowning the engine intake.

Yes - you should have a snorkel if you do this often!

I know I've just burst the bubble on this shot - but you did ask!

Still a case of gripping the wheel and praying when you go in - easier when you follow another LR that makes it through of course!.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Status is only of interest for the ignorant.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
apterr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 50 years old, anticipating taking my 996 out for a few hours has replaced the feeling I used to have anticipating a hot date when I was younger. Sad but true. Could be worse though...I could have not found the absolute thrill I get from taking my 996 out !!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cdodkin
It's all in the angle of dangle.....
Are you an ex-submariner?

"Angles and Dangles" is the term we used when we did hard manuevers with large angles to shake the boat out and see if it was rigged for sea. Fun stuff, and I never heard that term outside of the Navy..
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by ElTorrente
Are you an ex-submariner?

"Angles and Dangles" is the term we used when we did hard manuevers with large angles to shake the boat out and see if it was rigged for sea. Fun stuff, and I never heard that term outside of the Navy..
I have a buddy that used to live his life in a 'sardine can' back in the day.....

Thought I'd share this bow-wave picture to better illustrate how the 'angle of dangle' could lead you to believe the LR was submerged, when it's actually progressing nicely - all ahead, steady as she goes...

And FWIW - I have no problem with urban folks and soccer mums driving around in LRs - It gives me more choice when I'm picking up a used one 3 years down the line for pennies on the dollar!

And I can pretty much guarantee the only 'offroad' action has been mounting the curb outside of costco.... LOL

Last edited by cdodkin; 11-05-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cdodkin
all ahead, steady as she goes...
Steady as she goes, Helm Aye.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 AM
flash80
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rob in WA
+1

They're whipped before they even get any

Reminds me of this:

Status Kills
hilarious...ultimate status machine, classic.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:38 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

poser for what? what are you guys so afraid of? a car is an accessory, a luxury item esp high ticket items like the ranger rover, 911, etc. if someone chooses to roll an '07 rover sittin' on 24s, it's no worse or better than you guys who choose to go take your nice trips into the wilderness with it.

just don't put your old rovers that fetch $18K on the used car market to be in the same "bling" space as a new body. they're two different cars even if they share the same name. i'm not coming down on you guys about doing your wilderness thing - all i'm saying is per the author here and keeping him in mind, let's be real here. it's either a new body rover, a 911 996 or a new 997S. not your old fart rovers you keep posting pics of.
Another old fart here, we just sold the old bitch's P38 DSE and replaced it with an 03 X5. I'm perfectly happy with the X5 but my wife still regrets the P38.

Quick Reply: What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?