Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?

Been driving my 01 996 black tip for 5 years. I am seriously thinking about selling my 996 and getting a Ranger Rover (over another 2 seater Jag XK or M6) which will be driven as my daily driver. It will ultimately be my choice, but I have been asking 20 to 30 year old girls around me for thier opinions on guys with a 911 and a Range Rover.

Half the girls said they like the P cars, the other half just wasn't into sports cars. Younger the girls, the more they liked the P cars. The latter also mentioned stories about the relationship with size of the guys with P cars.

Surprisingly, no girls had anything bad to say about the Range Rovers. Most said thumbs up.

When I interviewed those people whose primary cars are SUV's such as X5, Cayenne, Navigator, Escalade, etc, they said that they like the comfort of their cars, but that their cars are not "exciting." Even after 5 years, the growl of my 996 puts a smile on my face every time.

Anyone here went from a 911 to a Range Rover? I think having both would be a perfect combo, and I am leaning towards keeping my 996 and get the Range Rover.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I am currently in a transition period with my vehicles. For a short while, my wife and I have two Range Rovers and Two 911s. We love the Rovers (especially my wife). They are very comfortable and they definately have character. The 911 and Range Rover make for a great combination.
The 05 Range Rover I purchased at an insurance auction (same thing with the BMW). I have to sell a couple before we end up in the poor house. The BMW also makes a great companion for your 911... I see from your signature that you already know.
Have fun shopping.
Attached Images     
Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 AM
vwrado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you need girls opinion for you to pick your car?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:31 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
Been driving my 01 996 black tip for 5 years. I am seriously thinking about selling my 996 and getting a Ranger Rover (over another 2 seater Jag XK or M6) which will be driven as my daily driver. It will ultimately be my choice, but I have been asking 20 to 30 year old girls around me for thier opinions on guys with a 911 and a Range Rover.

Half the girls said they like the P cars, the other half just wasn't into sports cars. Younger the girls, the more they liked the P cars. The latter also mentioned stories about the relationship with size of the guys with P cars.

Surprisingly, no girls had anything bad to say about the Range Rovers. Most said thumbs up.

When I interviewed those people whose primary cars are SUV's such as X5, Cayenne, Navigator, Escalade, etc, they said that they like the comfort of their cars, but that their cars are not "exciting." Even after 5 years, the growl of my 996 puts a smile on my face every time.

Anyone here went from a 911 to a Range Rover? I think having both would be a perfect combo, and I am leaning towards keeping my 996 and get the Range Rover.

Cheers
ah man where do i start?

-get what you want
-chicks dig the rover cuz it hits on their maternal instincts and consciously/subconsciously see themselves driving their kids to school, practice, b-day parties

the rover is an appliance, the 911 is an experience. what i mean by this is the rover you're going to have to get the latest and greatest to get any sort of cred whereas the 911 993 and up get enough societal approval/ love regardless of whether you have the current 911 king 997 GT2 or a 993 c4s. just make sure you slam it on a set of nice wheels w/ an aerokit.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:37 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, the choice would depend on which factor you're trying to compensate for:
1) Baldness
2) "Equipment" size
3) Self-esteem issues
4) Vertically Challenged
5) Physical attractiveness
6) All of the above

The more points you check off, the greater the requirement for a premium SUV.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 AM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 82 Posts

I think that you should do whatever the 20-30 year old girls tell you to do. They would obviously know which car you should buy because really, when its all said and done, as long as they are happy its all good. You shouldn't stop there either, they can also tell you how to drive the car they picked out for you and what to wear when you drive it too.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 AM
apterr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now THAT is funny! The last two in fact.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 AM
apterr
Racer

Mfletch,
Are you able to get near wholesale prices at the Insurance auctions? I have purchased my last few vehicles from someone who goes to the local auto dealers auctions. Wholesale prices for sure. Anything extra to watch for at insurance auctions? Would appreciate learning about it as it has almost become a hobby.
Thanks,
Andy t
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
apterr
Racer

UserA,
...what direction to turn, to chirp you are going to fast in your ear, where you are stopping to eat, what garden stores to stop at, what time she can go for a ride....sounds too much like marriage!
Very funny reply (yours).
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What do you like to drive best? Do you drive a P car because you like it, or because you think the girls will like it? Your choice really.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You just can't beat having both options - a 911 and a LR

Covers all equipment sizes, levels of hair loss, attractiveness or otherwise, AND you get to do this!

Try doing that in a 996!

Probably doesn't impress the ladies but who gives a ....
Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cdodkin

Try doing that in a 996!

Probably doesn't impress the ladies but who gives a ....
Man this picture is unbelievable! I'd have my pants full with only the front wheels in the water! Did you get wet inside the car?

My off-road experience for this year was getting stuck with my X3 on the beach in NC - that was already painful enough for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

You will get lots of attention with either. Range Rovers used to be special, now they have that cheap look a like version out and that seriously brings down the respect it once had for being the ultra expensive SUV.
My last one a 2003 still had the BMW engine but the rest of it was all Ford. It had many problems with the gadgets. The alternator went on it with onther 50k on it and the interior pieces that were not leather wore terribly.
I also found the Range Rover to hard to park in tighter spots. It is to big and anytime you try to get back into it after being parked you only have a foot to slide in. Lucky the wife and I are skinny.
It attracts a lot of wierd losers looking for hand outs as well. I've been asked many times at the pumps to help them out but never in my 911.
It was stolen out of our driveway while my wife had it running and went it to get her water bottle and we replaced it with a Cayenne S. The Cayenne is much easier to drive, park and use every day. The back seat is within an arm's reach so you can put stuff back there and still get at it. The RR back seat was just way to far away and you would have to take your seat belt off and get half you body over the seat just to reach the back seat.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

Really, if you base your decision on what others think, you're not a Porsche man.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
BoulderNick
Three Wheelin'

Location: Boulder, CO : 12 Square miles surrounded by reality.

D*mn, as a short, bald, somewhat funny-looking guy I guess I should be driving a hummer

Personally, when you're just on the shy side of 50 as I am you find you long ago ceased caring with the ladies think, especially the 20-30 year olds. Besides, my wifes likes the Porsche and hates SUV's

OK, OK, so I guess I care what ONE lady thinks in particular.

- Nick

Originally Posted by jury_ca
Hmm, the choice would depend on which factor you're trying to compensate for:
1) Baldness
2) "Equipment" size
3) Self-esteem issues
4) Vertically Challenged
5) Physical attractiveness
6) All of the above

The more points you check off, the greater the requirement for a premium SUV.

Quick Reply: What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?