Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur with that too but I believe it's a two way street. I find this thread more entertaining than "Read the Manual" posts.

Originally Posted by galeriehughie
lOl, if you say so Wash, but I sorta think people like to hear themselves talk...

[hey was I just talking, and making this sorry thread longer....]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

LOL!! That's because you're a pimp and not a baller.

Originally Posted by mooty
girl? unless they drive a porsche or ferrari, i have no interest in carrying them in my p cars. what a waste. they pick me up in a bimmer or amg black series, otherwise, i rather not waste my time.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

+1

Originally Posted by jury_ca
It's a rather low-level of game if you need to rely on status objects to pull women, don't you think?

The hunt is the most enjoyable aspect. But that requires brains.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
just as we question your choice of 911s... plastic window and weakish engine and all

and rennlist members, it's such a coward move to sling arrows at strangers esp when they're sittin behind a computer screen/keyboard without a face to the name. check out the weak sauce.
Thank you Mark for the translation.

Sadly it appears as though you've hit a brick wall with respect to witty retorts slung my way. I sense a "jerk store" insult in my future.

It was all in fun. If you should see me "pimpin'" in my slow *** 993 with the scratched window give me a wave. And if I should see you "rollin on 24s" flashing that rug burn you call a tattoo with your ladies (and men) of the evening, I'll do the same.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john-'96 993 cab
Thank you Mark for the translation.

Sadly it appears as though you've hit a brick wall with respect to witty retorts slung my way. I sense a "jerk store" insult in my future.

It was all in fun. If you should see me "pimpin'" in my slow *** 993 with the scratched window give me a wave. And if I should see you "rollin on 24s" flashing that rug burn you call a tattoo with your ladies (and men) of the evening, I'll do the same.

if i see you driving top down in the pouring rain i'll assume that finicky top failed on you again and give you a ride. and it's clear as day in this thread that you resorted to coward levels by calling a rennlist member's friends prostitutes - real witty aint it fellas? totally uncalled for.

but i can see you like to hate on people who like to show off some of their "fun" which is somewhat interesting since you drive a sports car... a convertible sports car.

and dude, them range rovers, escalades ridin' on 24s... just imagine what they're thinking looking at internet insult slanger "john-'96 993 cab" in a cute liil convertible on what looks to be rollin' on 13s... and all this the tx! LOL

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 11-09-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I dub this "The worst thread I ever read." Please alter the thread title in accordance with my condemnation.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
rotharek
8th Gear

Since when is calling a person asian considered racism? Ignorance truly is rampant in this thread.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rotharek
Since when is calling a person asian considered racism? Ignorance truly is rampant in this thread.
These things are always about intent. It's not that there is anything pejorative about calling someone Asian. It's that the person involved consciously chose to do this rather than use the guy's name, which you can't miss on the thread. It was a decision to reduce the poster to his ethnicity. A bit dehumanizing. He might not have meant it that way, but given the web's conversational limitations, and the generally abusive tone of the thread, that's how it came across.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
These things are always about intent. It's not that there is anything pejorative about calling someone Asian. It's that the person involved consciously chose to do this rather than use the guy's name, which you can't miss on the thread. It was a decision to reduce the poster to his ethnicity. A bit dehumanizing. He might not have meant it that way, but given the web's conversational limitations, and the generally abusive tone of the thread, that's how it came across.
+1
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

At least he didn't say oriental.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I have both.

1993 range rover LWB done up for "mud" is quite cool. In some ways, it is more legit than the new stuff. Air coils removed. Better tires. New cam. 4.6L engine, better diff, etc. But, I am in the minority and your point on the RR above is probably true for the city only user. But, if you like a truck that exudes character...an old rover is really cool. Best part...I am into it for 4k total and it rocks.... But that is me.

:-)

JB

(dailly, the later LR3's get good marks..resale on land rover products is something you need too look at before you get into them.....)
and i totally agree. in the context of using a rover for off-road use, using the older version makes more sense since the new ones are more car-like than any other range rover that preceded it. but dont come in here within the frame of teh conversation started by the author that his idea of a range rover is the same as your old range rover covered with mud.

my point about 24s and such is that it's cool too. a range rover is a luxury vehicle. no one needs leather piping and air suspensions. but all that stuff makes the city drive much more comfortable. all that expensive wood makes it prettier. and so do 24s. while i don't agree image is everything (agassi), i do believe it has its space in life. we drive a 911, fellas. image counts.

fyi, i drive a 1999 jeep cherokee more than i drive the 911. if i was so into image for the sake of image, i'd sell both cars and get myself a freakin' westminster range rover on $12K 24" wheels myself. yet i love the jeep and would never sell it. it's bulletproof and going offroading is fun in its own way.

and i love that my avatar gets so much attn. i did it on purpose. as to the reasons why? you can guess, but you'll never really know and if you care that much ... u need to find something to do. but it's obvious it sniffs out a certain type of person.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
JJB236
Racer

You could say the same thing about my post, cupcake. If the thread had been titled "Racists and posers working out their sad little issues on the internet," I wouldn't have.

WTF is your problem?
Ha ha ha no problem. I was merely trying take a poll on this forum. There is nothing wrong with asking my own friends and total strangers on the forum about my next set of cars, is there? I never posted on forums until recently, and this whole thing of attacking people via posting is just too funny.

I guess I got frustrated since this thread took a wrong turn. Sorry if you got offended

Cheers
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM
JJB236
Racer

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I have both.

1993 range rover LWB done up for "mud" is quite cool. In some ways, it is more legit than the new stuff. Air coils removed. Better tires. New cam. 4.6L engine, better diff, etc. But, I am in the minority and your point on the RR above is probably true for the city only user. But, if you like a truck that exudes character...an old rover is really cool. Best part...I am into it for 4k total and it rocks.... But that is me.

:-)

JB

(dailly, the later LR3's get good marks..resale on land rover products is something you need too look at before you get into them.....)
Out of about 100 customer reviews on Range Rovers and other LR model, about 1/3 said they had numerous visits to the dealers and some have returned their cars to the manufacturers on lemon laws. Forbes listed all Land Rover models as one of the ten least reliable cars.

Yet, I see loyal and repeat LR models. What gives? Is the reliability issue with British cars true or are they trying to make it exclusive for those who have time, patience, and extra money for frequent visits to the dealers?

Cheers
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
Out of about 100 customer reviews on Range Rovers and other LR model, about 1/3 said they had numerous visits to the dealers and some have returned their cars to the manufacturers on lemon laws. Forbes listed all Land Rover models as one of the ten least reliable cars.

Yet, I see loyal and repeat LR models. What gives? Is the reliability issue with British cars true or are they trying to make it exclusive for those who have time, patience, and extra money for frequent visits to the dealers?

Cheers
They had/have a QC problem. Now that Ford bought them I'd be even more leery. There are good ones and bad ones, I got a good one; 120k miles, still going strong, and it's barely been in the shop ( knock on wood ). If you take them it to a dealer they'll rape you. I've had them say I needed $1k worth of work on the EAS, took it to my indy and he cleared the faults for $20. I went through three Jeeps before I got the Rover, the Rover is built like a tank compared to the Jeeps. It's an incredible highway cruiser, goes off road like nobody's business - sucks in the twisties and on gas.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
just as i had predicted - a bit of racism, a bit of accusing people's friends that they don't know of being prostitutes when in fact they're quality people. and by complete and total strangers to me.

only if you cowards could say this stuff in person
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply: What do girls think about 911s and Range Rovers?